ImageImage

Kemba Trade Rumors (Renamed)

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Re: Cavs interested in Kemba Walker 

Post#201 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:39 am

It sounds like more and more folks expect LeBron to go to the Lakers. Given that I expect the Cleveland trade talk to die down later in the summer, once that happens.

But I also expect that this was a real possibility and that talks were had.
My picks:
2020 Draft (3rd pick) - Tyrese Haliburton, Devin Vassell, or Onyeka Okongwu
2021 Draft (11th pick) - Moses Moody
catch20two
RealGM
And1: 4,666

Post#202 » by catch20two » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:43 am

Vanderbilt_Grad wrote:It sounds like more and more folks expect LeBron to go to the Lakers. Given that I expect the Cleveland trade talk to die down later in the summer, once that happens.

But I also expect that this was a real possibility and that talks were had.

There’s also talk that LeBron may stay in Cleveland one more season for a few reasons. There’s a lot of uncertainty about him going to LA just yet.

There’s rumors that Paul George might re-sign with OKC. The Spurs are unlikely to help a rival in the Lakers out by trading Kawhi. I think Pop would rather let Kawhi rot another season while the Spurs show that they can win without him before they give in to him and trade him.

Then LeBron’s son is going to the 8th grade. The speculation of him going to LA hinged around his son likely to choose a high school in suburban California.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,523

Post#203 » by Bassman » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:31 am

Who knows. But, LeBron is checking all his options between both Cleveland and LA. I believe Kemba is still in play. Mitch setting the table for strong return in trade IF something is done.
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,105

Post#204 » by JDR720 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:38 am

Bassman wrote:Who knows. But, LeBron is checking all his options between both Cleveland and LA. I believe Kemba is still in play. Mitch setting the table for strong return in trade IF something is done.

If we are trading Kemba, Im waiting until LeBron goes to LA to try to poach a 1st and one of their prospects (Kuzma?)
316Hornets
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,731

Post#205 » by 316Hornets » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:10 am

Charlotte has been quiet in all of this. When your star player gets mentioned in trade talks, don't most teams who don't want to trade them say it right away. I'm guessing Mitch is at least listening to offers.
The Charlotte Hornets will win their first round series against the Boston Celtics in the 2021 Playoffs
Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,523

Post#206 » by Bassman » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:21 am

316Hornets wrote:Charlotte has been quiet in all of this. When your star player gets mentioned in trade talks, don't most teams who don't want to trade them say it right away. I'm guessing Mitch is at least listening to offers.

Mitch was quoted commenting post draft about Kemba, saying he is the centerpiece of the franchise and expected to keep him as a Hornet. Now, either that is absolute status to never change, or it is how they are proceeding unless an offer comes along they cannot refuse. It’s a good way to go about it if you are trying to get the max return in a trade.
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,053

Post#207 » by Liver_Pooty » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:35 am

316Hornets wrote:Charlotte has been quiet in all of this. When your star player gets mentioned in trade talks, don't most teams who don't want to trade them say it right away. I'm guessing Mitch is at least listening to offers.

Saying that he would like Walker to retire a Hornet is a good start.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#208 » by Liver_Pooty » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:37 am

If we do in fact trade Kemba I want Clevelands 2021 first on top of Sexton and getting rid of Batum/Marvin for George Hill.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#209 » by Liver_Pooty » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:51 am

I dont care what anyone says we have a 50 win team right now with Kemba. Batum and Zeller are great together. Miles will be okay his rookie year. Sign a good backup pg with the MLE. Frank shot 38 percent from deep last year and will get better. Monk and Bacon will get better. The pessimism on this board right now is mind boggling to me. I dont understand.
Electric_Monk
Ballboy
And1: 18

Post#210 » by Electric_Monk » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:13 pm

Liver_Pooty wrote:I dont care what anyone says we have a 50 win team right now with Kemba. Batum and Zeller are great together. Miles will be okay his rookie year. Sign a good backup pg with the MLE. Frank shot 38 percent from deep last year and will get better. Monk and Bacon will get better. The pessimism on this board right now is mind boggling to me. I dont understand.

I like the optimism! I think we are not far off from a 50 win team with the draft additions, Monk & Bacon’s development and hopefully a serviceable backup PG. The only thing I’m scared of is if the East gets significantly better and we for some reason can’t get it together. We can be good but if other teams are better then we are on the outside looking in.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Q. Describe your personality on the court?
A. Electrifying.
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#211 » by TheKingofSting » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:10 pm

Liver_Pooty wrote:I dont care what anyone says we have a 50 win team right now with Kemba. Batum and Zeller are great together. Miles will be okay his rookie year. Sign a good backup pg with the MLE. Frank shot 38 percent from deep last year and will get better. Monk and Bacon will get better. The pessimism on this board right now is mind boggling to me. I dont understand.

We need a third string point guard for insurance, already have a backup. Either that or a SG / SF that can come off the bench and shoot or both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
_tijo_
Hornets Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 335

Post#212 » by _tijo_ » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:34 pm

LeBron, if you want to play with Kemba, I have a better solution.

Sign the mid-level here in Charlotte. You, Kemba, Miles, Monk, Batum, Marv, Cody, and MKG make an awesome 8 man rotation. Let's see if you can bring a championship to Charlotte. You think Cleveland had a droubt, we've never won anything. Ever. In any sport.

And MJ will call you the GOAT. (Can't promise he'll actually believe it though)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using RealGM mobile app
Who I woulda took:
2022: Duren | 2021: Bouknight, Jones | 2020: Ball | 2019: PJ | 2018: Porter Jr | 2017: Monk | 2016: Damian Jones | 2015: Winslow | 2014: Vonleh, Napier | 2013: McLemore | 2012: MKG | 2011: Knight, Kawhi
TheKingofSting
RealGM

Post#213 » by TheKingofSting » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:59 pm

_tijo_ wrote:LeBron, if you want to play with Kemba, I have a better solution.

Sign the mid-level here in Charlotte. You, Kemba, Miles, Monk, Batum, Marv, Cody, and MKG make an awesome 8 man rotation. Let's see if you can bring a championship to Charlotte. You think Cleveland had a droubt, we've never won anything. Ever. In any sport.

And MJ will call you the GOAT. (Can't promise he'll actually believe it though)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using RealGM mobile app

I actually had the same thought earlier. Wish Mitch could dump enough contracts to make it happen.

tondi123
Starter
And1: 1,376

Post#214 » by tondi123 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:34 am

Electric_Monk wrote:

I like the optimism! I think we are not far off from a 50 win team with the draft additions, Monk & Bacon’s development and hopefully a serviceable backup PG. The only thing I’m scared of is if the East gets significantly better and we for some reason can’t get it together. We can be good but if other teams are better then we are on the outside looking in.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

If Lebron goes to LA that opens up a few wins we would never have gotten otherwise.
Lwcasu
Pro Prospect
And1: 302

Post#215 » by Lwcasu » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:30 am

I think we are a 45 win team if no one gets injured. Too many good teams in the east to be a 50 win team.

Philly, Boston, and Toronto are all 50-60 win teams. If LeBron goes back to Cleveland theyre a 50 win team too. I also wouldn't be surprised if the Bucks won 50.
tondi123
Starter
And1: 1,376

Post#216 » by tondi123 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:44 am

I hate to be the eternal optimist but it isn't really that hard to see us as a 5th or 6th seed, especially if Lebron goes to LA.
TheKingofSting
RealGM

Post#217 » by TheKingofSting » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:38 pm

The whole video is weak but the very end about what he didn't do after Game 4 vs. Golden State is downright pathetic! :lol:

MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,340

Post#218 » by MasterIchiro » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:40 pm

TheKingofSting wrote:

The whole video is weak but the very end about what he didn't do after Game 4 vs. Golden State is downright pathetic! :lol:

He's going to the Lakers and Kawhi is forcing his way there.
It has been written...
TheKingofSting
RealGM

Post#219 » by TheKingofSting » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:43 pm

^Agreed, But but... his hat and clothes! :lol:

MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,340

Post#220 » by MasterIchiro » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:47 pm

Imagine if he had waved goodbye after the sweep. Would have been epic! Of course he has to hide that the decision to leave a clear losing situation is an easy one.
It has been written...

Return to Charlotte Hornets