ImageImage

Your Mitch and MJ has given you an ultimatum

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

316Hornets
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,731

Your Mitch and MJ has given you an ultimatum 

Post#1 » by 316Hornets » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:59 pm

MJ says at your hiring: You have 5 years Mitch. Either we are playing for a conference finals or you are fired.

What is your 5 year plan?
The Charlotte Hornets will win their first round series against the Boston Celtics in the 2021 Playoffs
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,105

Re: Your Mitch and MJ has given you an ultimatum 

Post#2 » by JDR720 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:02 pm

Super risky, but i would tank for 2 seasons (this and next) while shedding bad contracts (Marvin, Moz, Nic etc.). Go into 2021 with a few top prospects and a ton of cap space. Basically, an accelerated philly rebuild.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,053

Post#3 » by Liver_Pooty » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:32 pm

I dont think we need an all out full rebuild.We have talent, just needs to be better utilized and developed
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
Robot Rock
Starter
And1: 939

Post#4 » by Robot Rock » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:06 am

Mitch went to UNC. He could trade Kemba for 4 second-rounders, sell them off for a Vegas trip, put Ed Cota at PG and still be off the hot seat.
316Hornets
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,731

Post#5 » by 316Hornets » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:58 pm

JDR720 wrote:Super risky, but i would tank for 2 seasons (this and next) while shedding bad contracts (Marvin, Moz, Nic etc.). Go into 2021 with a few top prospects and a ton of cap space. Basically, an accelerated philly rebuild.

Pretty solid plan. Tanking for 2 seasons hopefully nets 1 superstar and 1 starter. Next 5 years, it'd appear Celtics and 76ers will be the top dogs. So, ideally, we'd want to draft players that can play some defense against some great scorers. My plan of action

Trade Kemba get some type of youth with upside and draft picks.

Look to deal any vet with value. Imo Marv, Zeller. Grab some more youth. Take on some horrific contracts like Noah and Deng if it returns future value.

Explain to the fans that winning in the NBA takes a plan. You can't just go head first in every season without eyeing the future. This season will be a setback but the hope of actually competing for trophies will become a lot more realistic.

Only guys I'm bringing from the roster now are Batum, MKG, Monk, Lamb, Willy, and Frank. These guys due to combination of no value or more value as potential upside with which we are looking for.
The Charlotte Hornets will win their first round series against the Boston Celtics in the 2021 Playoffs
KingCat
Sixth Man
And1: 831

Post#6 » by KingCat » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:40 am

JDR720 wrote:Super risky, but i would tank for 2 seasons (this and next) while shedding bad contracts (Marvin, Moz, Nic etc.). Go into 2021 with a few top prospects and a ton of cap space. Basically, an accelerated philly rebuild.

I actually thought about this today, and this is exactly what I want the Hornets to do. It won't happen though. I don't think we will make any noise in the conference until we somehow luck into a superstar with one of our future 11# or 12# picks
Your Charlotte Hornets! We’ll eventually get something right;right?
Benjamin Linus
Veteran
And1: 1,268

Post#7 » by Benjamin Linus » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:47 pm

In this scenario, you're likely getting fired. You could take the 'zero fcks given about the future route' and go all in on stars that are on the move. Keep Kemba and trade everything and all of our future draft picks for Kawhi and Marc Gasol.

Kemba-Kawhi-Gasol and whatever's leftover might get you to the ECF in a LeBron-less East if everything goes right. Then all of our players would leave next season and we'll be Brooklyn part two and it will be awful.
Eoghan
RealGM
And1: 3,293

Post#8 » by Eoghan » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:06 pm

Step 1: Create a Black Ops Division, call them the KGBee
Step 2: Give Kemba the max, let him stat pad all year at the expense of wins and create All Star buzz.
Step 3: Meanwhile, KGBee has 2 chief functions: 1) Gather intel to be used to blackmail Adam Silver into rigging the lottery for us and 2) Run Psy Ops on biggest competitors (Boston, wherever LeBron is, etc) to be used later in postseason.
Step 4: Draft Zion Williamson or whoever the can't miss prospect is after tanking.
Step 5: Attract FA superstar to play with "superstar" Kemba Walker and "superstar in making" Zion Williams.

Return to Charlotte Hornets