Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

DY_nasty
General Manager
And1: 4,946

Re: Welcome to Charlotte - Miles Bridges 

Post#241 » by DY_nasty » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:20 pm

criticism and negativity aren't the same thing

you guys got hopes for him? cool

i need to see how he's not shorter terrence jones before getting particularly excited

don't blame anyone else for waiting to see the guy meet expectations too
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,653

Post#242 » by yosemiteben » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:21 pm

DY_nasty wrote:criticism and negativity aren't the same thing

i need to see how he's not shorter terrence jones before getting particularly excited

I mean that's a totally fair take. I wasn't exactly pulling for Miles to be drafted.
DY_nasty
General Manager

Post#243 » by DY_nasty » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:22 pm

yosemiteben wrote:

I mean that's a totally fair take. I wasn't exactly pulling for Miles to be drafted.

then why ask how old someone is like they must be childish knobs in order to have an opinion?
Robot Rock
Starter
And1: 939

Post#244 » by Robot Rock » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:24 pm

yosemiteben wrote:Cool. By perpetual, I meant you come across as negative and critical about every single topic related to the team, not necessarily since you ever have posted here but certainly at least this off-season. Which is fine I guess, but we super get that you hate everything about the team.

Hold up. I don’t hate everything about the team. I’m a huge Kemba and Monk fan and have defended them both for a long time. I also said earlier that, while immaterial to the success, I love the colors/history of the franchise.

I hate the lack of direction and the penchant for picking people who are high-character, medium-to-low potential. I also don’t like MKG and I loathed MCW and Clifford.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#245 » by yosemiteben » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:27 pm

DY_nasty wrote:
yosemiteben wrote:

then why ask how old someone is like they must be childish knobs in order to have an opinion?

It's not the opinion. It's the volume and intensity of complaints.

And with the SNL reference I was curious if he was way older, because I'm a long time SNL fan and I had to Google it.
Robot Rock
Starter

Post#246 » by Robot Rock » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:29 pm

I’d say Bill Brasky is one of the most famous SNL skits of the 1990s.
KingCat
Sixth Man
And1: 831

Post#247 » by KingCat » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:42 pm

Robot Rock wrote:
yosemiteben wrote:Cool. By perpetual, I meant you come across as negative and critical about every single topic related to the team, not necessarily since you ever have posted here but certainly at least this off-season. Which is fine I guess, but we super get that you hate everything about the team.

Hold up. I don’t hate everything about the team. I’m a huge Kemba and Monk fan and have defended them both for a long time. I also said earlier that, while immaterial to the success, I love the colors/history of the franchise.

I hate the lack of direction and the penchant for picking people who are high-character, medium-to-low potential. I also don’t like MKG and I loathed MCW and Clifford.

Lol Robots negative attitude towards the the team doesn't mean he hates them. If anything his constant naggin towards the Hornets shows how much he loves them. I mean if any team deserves a lot of criticism for decisions made within the past few years, its our team. Props to fans that somehow keep a positive outlook on the Hornets, but in reality things are looking baaad. Real bad. This board almost feels like a red pill blue pill world :lol:
Your Charlotte Hornets! We’ll eventually get something right;right?
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,168

Post#248 » by Rich4114 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:45 pm

I think a lot of people are coming across as negative because we are all following a team that’s mostly been a joke since returning to the NBA in 2004. Terrible choice after terrible choice coupled with plenty of bad breaks and the media constantly beating the drums that this team is doomed for the forseeable future has created this. We all want the same thing.
Robot Rock
Starter

Post#249 » by Robot Rock » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:47 pm

The Hornets are just my version of having a drug problem. I can’t walk away no matter how much I try.
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,168

Post#250 » by Rich4114 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:49 pm

Robot Rock wrote:The Hornets are just my version of having a drug problem. I can’t walk away no matter how much I try.

I think we can all relate to you on that one. We are all clearly a bunch of loyal fools. But when they finally win it all we will all be on here celebrating and enjoying it together.
DY_nasty
General Manager

Post#251 » by DY_nasty » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:52 pm

Rich4114 wrote:I think a lot of people are coming across as negative because we are all following a team that’s mostly been a joke since returning to the NBA in 2004. Terrible choice after terrible choice coupled with plenty of bad breaks and the media constantly beating the drums that this team is doomed for the forseeable future has created this. We all want the same thing.

if anything, its the history of bad breaks that influences some of the questionable decisions

maybe if we don't gamble (in a draft full of gambles) then we don't play it safe the next few years
maybe if we don't take high rated guys that fall to us, we get the guy that we zeroed in on at the start and we were right to trust the scouts
maybe if we didn't run into guys with health issues that took them out of the league completely, then we'd take a flier on a guy who had health as his only big negative
maybe they'd trust free agency again instead of trying to make another team's piece into our focal point

its frustrating as hell watching us retread on lessons we should've learned already. and as much confidence that we lack in the team - the team has even less confidence in itself to do the right thing
KingCat
Sixth Man

Post#252 » by KingCat » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:53 pm

Robot Rock wrote:The Hornets are just my version of having a drug problem. I can’t walk away no matter how much I try.

Yeah same here. The last few drafts and free agent signings (Jefferson, Batum) have really tested my patience as a fan. Miles was literally the one guy I wanted to stay away from this draft, but we got him. On reddit I said the Hornets are one stupid move or draft pick away from me finally giving up on them. Last night I told my self that if Miles bust, and SGA and Porter go on to be studs, then thats it, Im done. Honestly idk if I even believe in myself but we shall find out lol
Robot Rock
Starter

Post#253 » by Robot Rock » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:31 am

KingCat wrote:

Yeah same here. The last few drafts and free agent signings (Jefferson, Batum) have really tested my patience as a fan. Miles was literally the one guy I wanted to stay away from this draft, but we got him. On reddit I said the Hornets are one stupid move or draft pick away from me finally giving up on them. Last night I told my self that if Miles bust, and SGA and Porter go on to be studs, then thats it, Im done. Honestly idk if I even believe in myself but we shall find out lol

Typed the words right out of my hands.
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#254 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:56 am

To put things in perspective we are up to 252 posts in this thread and 88 of those have been made by just 3 people.
My picks:
2020 Draft (3rd pick) - Tyrese Haliburton, Devin Vassell, or Onyeka Okongwu
2021 Draft (11th pick) - Moses Moody
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#255 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:02 am

In regards to negativity - it's something I struggle with regarding this board. More so than any other forum I go to, conversations here can be a real downer. It's one thing to be unhappy with the team, but it's another to take that out on people who are fellow fans. Hell, I've even been at fault there - recently no less. So I get some of why it happens, but the overall dynamic here seems really unhealthy to me at times.
My picks:
2020 Draft (3rd pick) - Tyrese Haliburton, Devin Vassell, or Onyeka Okongwu
2021 Draft (11th pick) - Moses Moody
DY_nasty
General Manager

Post#256 » by DY_nasty » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:13 am

Vanderbilt_Grad wrote:In regards to negativity - it's something I struggle with regarding this board. More so than any other forum I go to, conversations here can be a real downer. It's one thing to be unhappy with the team, but it's another to take that out on people who are fellow fans. Hell, I've even been at fault there - recently no less. So I get some of why it happens, but the overall dynamic here seems really unhealthy to me at times.

winning cures everything
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#257 » by yosemiteben » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:17 am

Vanderbilt_Grad wrote:In regards to negativity - it's something I struggle with regarding this board. More so than any other forum I go to, conversations here can be a real downer. It's one thing to be unhappy with the team, but it's another to take that out on people who are fellow fans. Hell, I've even been at fault there - recently no less. So I get some of why it happens, but the overall dynamic here seems really unhealthy to me at times.

Completely agree.
chabber
Veteran
And1: 826

Post#258 » by chabber » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:21 am

I stopped posting here as much as I used to years ago because of the negativity. I can’t stomache even reading game threads. I read a lot of topics but only really interact during drafts, FA, playoffs etc...
KingCat
Sixth Man

Post#259 » by KingCat » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:26 am

chabber wrote:

I stopped posting here as much as I used to years ago because of the negativity. I can hardly stomache even reading game threads. I read a lot of topics but only really interact during drafts, FA, playoffs etc...

I actually think Hornets fans are rather tame, considering the situation their team has been in. Go talk to a Knicks or 76ers fan. They'll have you think that their team is in basketball hell, and will tear you apart for thinking otherwise
chabber
Veteran
And1: 826

Post#260 » by chabber » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:28 am

If I was a Knicks fan I would too. They’ve been ran way worse than us.

Return to Charlotte Hornets