ImageImage

Golden Showers: the Devonte Graham Thread

Moderators: BigSlam, JDR720, fatlever, yosemiteben, Diop

DY_nasty
Head Coach
Posts: 6,674
And1: 2,466
Joined: Apr 14, 2010

Re: Golden Showers: the Devonte Graham Thread 

Post#241 » by DY_nasty » Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:24 am

hot streaks and cold streaks happen, dude is still doing a great job moving the ball for the offense and is generally clutch
User avatar
penquin11
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,429
And1: 49
Joined: Nov 16, 2010
         

Re: Golden Showers: the Devonte Graham Thread 

Post#242 » by penquin11 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:11 am

Oh god what happened to golden grahams
Devilzsidewalk wrote:no, the DB's will just be thinking "damn, I thought that was going to be a run!" as they easily recover to intercept a Ponder pass 10 yards off the mark
User avatar
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 44,866
And1: 2,616
Joined: Jul 01, 2005

Re: Golden Showers: the Devonte Graham Thread 

Post#243 » by BigSlam » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:13 pm

DY_nasty wrote:hot streaks and cold streaks happen, dude is still doing a great job moving the ball for the offense and is generally clutch

This is KEY for me - in regards to any player.

If something they usually do really well isn’t working for them during a game, what else do they bring to the table?

Tae’s ability to make passes and create offence for others is something that he does SO well, so if his shot isn’t falling he still brings tremendous value as our floor General.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BBMF'ers
Freakyman
Ballboy
Posts: 27
And1: 19
Joined: May 13, 2018
 

Re: Golden Showers: the Devonte Graham Thread 

Post#244 » by Freakyman » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:34 pm

Mix for a player that really grows in front of eyes of everybody that follows this beautiful sport.

User avatar
MasterIchiro
RealGM
Posts: 13,727
And1: 3,192
Joined: Jan 18, 2013
Location: Intertubes
       

Re: Golden Showers: the Devonte Graham Thread 

Post#245 » by MasterIchiro » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:32 pm

Saw fans with a sign that calls Devonte' Insta-Graham.

Insta-Graham: The Devonte' thread.

I don't like the current thread title. It's gross.
It has been written...

Image
User avatar
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
Posts: 34,132
And1: 10,013
Joined: Dec 29, 2008
Location: Asheville, NC
   

Re: Golden Showers: the Devonte Graham Thread 

Post#246 » by Liver_Pooty » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:43 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:Saw fans with a sign that calls Devonte' Insta-Graham.

Insta-Graham: The Devonte' thread.

I don't like the current thread title. It's gross.


I kinda dig Insta-Graham
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
User avatar
MasterIchiro
RealGM
Posts: 13,727
And1: 3,192
Joined: Jan 18, 2013
Location: Intertubes
       

Re: Golden Showers: the Devonte Graham Thread 

Post#247 » by MasterIchiro » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:06 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:Saw fans with a sign that calls Devonte' Insta-Graham.

Insta-Graham: The Devonte' thread.

I don't like the current thread title. It's gross.


I kinda dig Insta-Graham


Yeah golden showers cheapens our brand. Insta-Graham ties in the brand with social media. NBA is taking off on social media.
It has been written...

Image
User avatar
Radu_Hornets
Rookie
Posts: 1,145
And1: 278
Joined: Dec 24, 2012
Location: Belgium (Europe - Earth - Milky Way Galaxy)
Contact:
 

Re: Golden Showers: the Devonte Graham Thread 

Post#248 » by Radu_Hornets » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:24 pm

We here so much Eric call Graham “Devine”

Why not:

Devine : The Devonte Graham Thread
Image
User avatar
KingCat
Pro Prospect
Posts: 905
And1: 199
Joined: Jan 29, 2012
   

Re: Golden Showers: the Devonte Graham Thread 

Post#249 » by KingCat » Wed Jan 1, 2020 3:28 am

Reminds me of Kemba in his second year. Started off the season really strong and looked like a potential all star. Then started laying goose egg after goose egg
Your Charlotte Hornets! We’ll eventually get something right;right?
User avatar
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
Posts: 34,132
And1: 10,013
Joined: Dec 29, 2008
Location: Asheville, NC
   

Re: Golden Showers: the Devonte Graham Thread 

Post#250 » by Liver_Pooty » Wed Jan 1, 2020 8:22 am

37.5% shooting on the year now. Hes shooting 26% since his 40 point game against Brooklyn.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
User avatar
hot_sauce_and1
Ballboy
Posts: 15
And1: 18
Joined: Jul 11, 2019
       

Re: Golden Showers: the Devonte Graham Thread 

Post#251 » by hot_sauce_and1 » Wed Jan 1, 2020 9:02 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:37.5% shooting on the year now. Hes shooting 26% since his 40 point game against Brooklyn.


It's alright. I feel like Devonte has just been in his own head now. Maybe it's the pressure from the media or he's just not use to the amount of minutes. Whatever the case. We've seen Devonte hit Steph Curry distance three pointers. We've seen him nail some shots (one tonight) where hes passed the ball at the end of the shot clock and drilled a 3 to bail out a bad play. We've seen him drive and finish against many bigs. I don't have any worries. Second year and he's shown a lot. Makes the season fun to watch, especially when we were suppose to be the worst team in the league. Devonte can become one of the best players in the league. A lot of people slept on Kemba early on.
DY_nasty
Head Coach
Posts: 6,674
And1: 2,466
Joined: Apr 14, 2010

Re: Golden Showers: the Devonte Graham Thread 

Post#252 » by DY_nasty » Wed Jan 1, 2020 5:16 pm

hot_sauce_and1 wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:37.5% shooting on the year now. Hes shooting 26% since his 40 point game against Brooklyn.


It's alright. I feel like Devonte has just been in his own head now. Maybe it's the pressure from the media or he's just not use to the amount of minutes. Whatever the case. We've seen Devonte hit Steph Curry distance three pointers. We've seen him nail some shots (one tonight) where hes passed the ball at the end of the shot clock and drilled a 3 to bail out a bad play. We've seen him drive and finish against many bigs. I don't have any worries. Second year and he's shown a lot. Makes the season fun to watch, especially when we were suppose to be the worst team in the league. Devonte can become one of the best players in the league. A lot of people slept on Kemba early on.

He's getting trapped high and early. He's not suffering nearly as much when he's shooting assisted. But where are those assists gonna come from? :lol:

Doing everything he's been doing off the dribble is insane and not something we should expect from any player in the league. Kemba was great at it - but he was only second to Harden.
Vanderbilt_Grad
Analyst
Posts: 3,535
And1: 1,293
Joined: Sep 22, 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Golden Showers: the Devonte Graham Thread 

Post#253 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Wed Jan 1, 2020 7:33 pm

Observations from the Boston game:

Dude looked tired. Could be anything from increased load building up over time to simply not getting much sleep the night before the game. My thought is that it's the rookie wall, just in year 2 since he's playing more. But whatever it was, he's going to have to be able to fight through that to make it to the next level.

I don't like his chemistry with Terry atm. It didn't look toxic or anything but all the stuff that seems like it should work for them on paper in terms of strength and weaknesses just wasn't working in the Boston game. Some of that is props to Boston for knowing what to do to make both guys look bad.

Devonte is super willing to pass. He needs to get the ball back more in a better position after that. Why isn't the team running some off-ball plays for him the way they did for Kemba? Forcing the ball out of his hands would become a far less viable tactic if the team made opposing defenses pay for doing that.

The team needs more guys who can score off Devonte's passes.
Hope is free.
DY_nasty
Head Coach
Posts: 6,674
And1: 2,466
Joined: Apr 14, 2010

Re: Golden Showers: the Devonte Graham Thread 

Post#254 » by DY_nasty » Wed Jan 1, 2020 7:42 pm

Vanderbilt_Grad wrote:Observations from the Boston game:

Dude looked tired. Could be anything from increased load building up over time to simply not getting much sleep the night before the game. My thought is that it's the rookie wall, just in year 2 since he's playing more. But whatever it was, he's going to have to be able to fight through that to make it to the next level.

I don't like his chemistry with Terry atm. It didn't look toxic or anything but all the stuff that seems like it should work for them on paper in terms of strength and weaknesses just wasn't working in the Boston game. Some of that is props to Boston for knowing what to do to make both guys look bad.

Devonte is super willing to pass. He needs to get the ball back more in a better position after that. Why isn't the team running some off-ball plays for him the way they did for Kemba? Forcing the ball out of his hands would become a far less viable tactic if the team made opposing defenses pay for doing that.

The team needs more guys who can score off Devonte's passes.

This is a big part of why I'm so disappointed in our wings. Outside of Cody (who knows he can't shoot right now) and PJ, no one really reverses the ball well after a drive or drives with the intent to create a better pass.

Our bigs are struggling because of a clear lack of talent and ability. Or wings just aren't nearly active enough, they don't move, and they're unreliable in every aspect of the game.
User avatar
hot_sauce_and1
Ballboy
Posts: 15
And1: 18
Joined: Jul 11, 2019
       

Re: Golden Showers: the Devonte Graham Thread 

Post#255 » by hot_sauce_and1 » Sat Jan 4, 2020 10:19 am

DY_nasty wrote:
hot_sauce_and1 wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:37.5% shooting on the year now. Hes shooting 26% since his 40 point game against Brooklyn.


It's alright. I feel like Devonte has just been in his own head now. Maybe it's the pressure from the media or he's just not use to the amount of minutes. Whatever the case. We've seen Devonte hit Steph Curry distance three pointers. We've seen him nail some shots (one tonight) where hes passed the ball at the end of the shot clock and drilled a 3 to bail out a bad play. We've seen him drive and finish against many bigs. I don't have any worries. Second year and he's shown a lot. Makes the season fun to watch, especially when we were suppose to be the worst team in the league. Devonte can become one of the best players in the league. A lot of people slept on Kemba early on.

He's getting trapped high and early. He's not suffering nearly as much when he's shooting assisted. But where are those assists gonna come from? :lol:

Doing everything he's been doing off the dribble is insane and not something we should expect from any player in the league. Kemba was great at it - but he was only second to Harden.


Right on. I was just trying to point out basically what everyone has been saying. Devonte has been great. Blessing in disguise. Showed some his rookie season but has really shown flashes of talent this year. Wasn't trying to nitpick at people pointing out his decreases in percentages (totally fine) but was trying to say, "what could this guy be if we had better players around him." I mean we just lost Kemba and our team is still loaded with the players that Kemba couldn't even win with. Excited to see what Devonte can do with other players around him in the future because hes shown talent and confidence that many players just don't possess.
User avatar
hot_sauce_and1
Ballboy
Posts: 15
And1: 18
Joined: Jul 11, 2019
       

Re: Golden Showers: the Devonte Graham Thread 

Post#256 » by hot_sauce_and1 » Sat Jan 4, 2020 10:30 am

Another thing I'll add which I've heard before from others and this applies to all fields. But talent only gets you so far. Its when the hard work is put in that you really succeed. I'm not in the gym with these players but I see that in Devonte. Think about it. All players at this level in the NBA have the talent. But the ones that actually spend the most time in the gym working on their game are the ones, that I believe at least, come out the following season and have an increase in all of their stats, or maybe just one particular thing they were working on. I see that in Devonte though. Hard worker.
User avatar
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 15,589
And1: 7,157
Joined: Mar 20, 2013
   

Re: Golden Showers: the Devonte Graham Thread 

Post#257 » by yosemiteben » Sat Jan 4, 2020 2:13 pm

I'm down with changing the thread title but not down with Insta-Graham. Other suggestions?
Rays Pompadour
Freshman
Posts: 52
And1: 23
Joined: Jul 08, 2018
     

Re: Golden Showers: the Devonte Graham Thread 

Post#258 » by Rays Pompadour » Sat Jan 4, 2020 5:14 pm

Golden Graham
User avatar
316Hornets
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,470
And1: 2,303
Joined: Jun 26, 2015
Location: Milky Way
   

Re: Golden Showers: the Devonte Graham Thread 

Post#259 » by 316Hornets » Sat Jan 4, 2020 10:36 pm

Heir Graham - because he's got the hair and he's the heir to the throne(Kemba)
Robot Rock
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,368
And1: 554
Joined: Jan 21, 2013
Location: The 704
       

Re: Golden Showers: the Devonte Graham Thread 

Post#260 » by Robot Rock » Mon Jan 6, 2020 3:47 pm

Graham It! The Devonte Graham Thread

Return to Charlotte Hornets