26%

Total votes: 39

UNCNYC
Starter
And1: 327

Attention Kemba Walker 

Post#121 » by UNCNYC » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:05 pm

Attention Kemba Walker

I normally don't address players who exit our franchise but if there was ever a player to do that for it would be you sir.

The same way our mouths are left open in awe of you leaving, or our hearts are saddened, is the same effect that you left
on oponents and oposing fans for so many years in our organization...

I wonder if this is Karma...

I doubt it, Karma and Kemba don't go together. (although it kinda sounds like it does).

You gave us something to hope for, cheer for, and aspire to become both on and off the court.

You were financially, and talent wise so much richer than many of us, yet barely 6 feet tall and humble.

I guess that explains you.

The ability to connect on all levels.

Such a well rounded quality genuine person.

Kemba Walker we wish you all the best in your NBA future and beyond.

I hope you win not 1, not 2, not 3 but "15" championships.

Best of luck sir.

Go HORNETS
UPDATED - 7/3/2019 MY GM RESULTS

NAW / BJ Taylor / Will. McD. White
Zhairre / Reaves
Bacon / Obeisie / Pinson
YuTa / Frank / Cheatham
Cook / Biz

-Ian-
Veteran
And1: 560

Re: Making Charlotte Pop - The Kemba Walker Thread 4 

Post#122 » by -Ian- » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:00 am

Watching this hurt my soul.

MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 3,021

Post#123 » by MasterIchiro » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:26 am

"The money wasn't there"
"Some days early on I struggled"
"I was a little heartbroken"

Reads to me like the Hornets did not express serious interest. It wasn't a snap decision. They decided to rebuild long before Kemba's free agency.
It has been written...

catch20two
RealGM
And1: 4,660

Post#124 » by catch20two » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:08 am

I’m under the impression that it was a mutual split. MJ and Mitch already knew Kemba was likely gone by season’s end. Holding onto him into the summer until he was a free agent instead of trading him at the deadline for late 1st round picks or players unwanted by their respective team was a PR move that backfired in shortsightedness but would’ve been much more ridiculed had they traded their franchise best player because they couldn’t afford to keep him or put talent around him.

I think all of the rumors about Charlotte lowballing him are false and purely speculation due to the outcome.

Kemba loved the city of Charlotte and didn’t really want to leave. He appreciated the opportunity that Jordan and the organization gave him as a heavily criticized player coming into the league.

BUT...he wanted to play for a winning franchise and Charlotte couldn’t provide that for him so he had to go.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 2,396

Post#125 » by BigSlam » Fri Nov 8, 2019 4:58 pm

For those who didn't see it, Walker's tribute video from last nights game Vs Boston:

BBMF'ers
LurkCobain
Ballboy
And1: 30

Post#126 » by LurkCobain » Fri Nov 8, 2019 7:26 pm

catch20two wrote:I’m under the impression that it was a mutual split. MJ and Mitch already knew Kemba was likely gone by season’s end. Holding onto him into the summer until he was a free agent instead of trading him at the deadline for late 1st round picks or players unwanted by their respective team was a PR move that backfired in shortsightedness but would’ve been much more ridiculed had they traded their franchise best player because they couldn’t afford to keep him or put talent around him.

I think all of the rumors about Charlotte lowballing him are false and purely speculation due to the outcome.

Kemba loved the city of Charlotte and didn’t really want to leave. He appreciated the opportunity that Jordan and the organization gave him as a heavily criticized player coming into the league.

BUT...he wanted to play for a winning franchise and Charlotte couldn’t provide that for him so he had to go.

I think that some people are not reading in between the lines with Kemba. He stated he wanted to stay, BUT.. ...

-He KNEW we couldn't afford him due to being cap strapped as a small market team
-he also knew that Charlotte would not be able to field a team on Bostons level.

I believe he didnt let the team know of his intent until after the season. Why put feelers out there stating you're riding with the team at the trade deadline and that you're all in, only to leave for Boston the day of free agency? Somethings not adding up. I love Kemba, he seems like a stand up dude. But he should've thrown the organization a bone to at least allow a trade before the deadline. I think hes playing both sides.

Return to Charlotte Hornets