And1: 216

Re: Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#1721 » by CuseMayne » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:00 pm

LofJ wrote:Got another take on a Horford trade with Dallas included:

We send out Zeller and Rozier
We get back Horford and Powell

The 76ers get Zeller and Jackson.

The Mavericks get Rozier.

We get the Mavericks 1st and a future asset from Philly, and Dallas gets Philadelphia's 2020 1st. We draft Pokusevski to develop while we ride out Horford and Powell's contracts.

Who will be our backup PG? Just do it by committee with the Martin twins and Monk...? I get that we want to try and get value for Rozier while we still can, but he is easily one of our best players and would leave a gaping hole in regards to ball handling/scoring/talent. We could use our lottery pick on a PG, but I'd much rather spend this year's lottery pick on our future C, where I'm personally praying we somehow land Wiseman.

As far as this specific trade, I like Powell, but I don't see why we'd want Horford as our roster currently stands. I'd rather draft a C and have Zeller be a very high quality backup that can show the young'n how to battle every single play in the NBA.
KEMBAtheMETEOR
RealGM
And1: 6,697

Post#1722 » by KEMBAtheMETEOR » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:19 pm

CuseMayne wrote:

We get the Mavericks 1st and a future asset from Philly, and Dallas gets Philadelphia's 2020 1st. We draft Pokusevski to develop while we ride out Horford and Powell's contracts.

Who will be our backup PG? Just do it by committee with the Martin twins and Monk...? I get that we want to try and get value for Rozier while we still can, but he is easily one of our best players and would leave a gaping hole in regards to ball handling/scoring/talent. We could use our lottery pick on a PG, but I'd much rather spend this year's lottery pick on our future C, where I'm personally praying we somehow land Wiseman.

As far as this specific trade, I like Powell, but I don't see why we'd want Horford as our roster currently stands. I'd rather draft a C and have Zeller be a very high quality backup that can show the young'n how to battle every single play in the NBA.

Monk should be backup PG anyway
formerly BizGilwalker
CuseMayne
Junior
And1: 216

Post#1723 » by CuseMayne » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:29 pm

KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:
CuseMayne wrote:

Monk should be backup PG anyway

Ideally yes. Would be really cool if he could transition into that role. Would make him a lot more useful than simply an undersized combo guard.
LofJ
General Manager
And1: 6,099

Post#1724 » by LofJ » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:26 pm

I've soured on the idea of taking a big at the top of the draft. Wiseman could be dominant on defense, but outside of having a workable jumper he's raw on offense. Gobert proves that those types of players can still help teams win, but at the end of the day this league is driven by players that can score. That's why I'd lean towards taking Edwards over Wiseman if the team is lucky enough to land a top 2 pick. And in that scenario it makes sense to move Rozier for a big.

Return to Charlotte Hornets