Fake Trade Thread 2

Moderators: fatlever, yosemiteben, Diop, BigSlam, JDR720

LofJ
General Manager
And1: 6,395

Re: Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#1861 » by LofJ » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:19 pm

Liver_Pooty wrote:
LofJ wrote:If we're going to trade for an old, overpaid veteran give me Chris Paul 10 times out of 10 over Westbrook. He proved this year that he still has it. Not many players can elevate other guys like he can. Only a few players in the last several decades can match his basketball IQ. If he had been blessed with the body of Westbrook he would have been one of the games all-time greats.

Paul is a top 5 PG of all time in my opinion. Hes been underrated the last few years due to a meh attitude, but the dudes a killer on the court.

He and Jimmy Butler are the two players in the NBA that are most deserving of a championship. I'd kill to get a young player that can match their will and determination in a Hornets uniform.
316Hornets
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,363

Post#1862 » by 316Hornets » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:56 pm

LofJ wrote:If we're going to trade for an old, overpaid veteran give me Chris Paul 10 times out of 10 over Westbrook. He proved this year that he still has it. Not many players can elevate other guys like he can. Only a few players in the last several decades can match his basketball IQ. If he had been blessed with the body of Westbrook he would have been one of the games all-time greats.

Westbrook isn't old though. Only 1 year older than Kemba. He also is a solid defender that can manage the game while keeping others involved. His shooting can be terrible at times, but he is a workhorse type PG that could help develop our young guys.

Is Westbrook going to turn us into a top playoff team? No. He will ease the pain of the rebuild.

I could understand taking on a total worthless contract like Horford but I just don't think teams are going to give up much in the way of assets with the questions about future salary cap.
Who at 3? My board - Ratings
1 Lamelo 100
2 Edwards 99
3 Hayes 97
4 Wiseman 97
5 Okongwu 96
SWedd523
General Manager
And1: 1,194

Post#1863 » by SWedd523 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:16 pm

Liver_Pooty wrote:

Paul is a top 5 PG of all time in my opinion. Hes been underrated the last few years due to a meh attitude, but the dudes a killer on the court.

Chris Paul is absolutely a top 5 PG of all-time.

Magic/Oscar/Stockton/Paul for sure. Only question is if Steph has supplanted Isiah yet
Vanderbilt_Grad
Analyst
And1: 1,381

Post#1864 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:22 am

Still very anti-Westbrook after having more time to think about it.

Would be OK with the Terry for Al Horford & the 76ers pick straight up. I could see Charlotte doing that and then shopping Horford as well.

The Pells strike me as a good trade partner too. I could see Terry for Lonzo and a second round pick or two.
Hope is free.
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 58

Post#1865 » by luciano-davidwesley » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:31 am

Vanderbilt_Grad wrote:Still very anti-Westbrook after having more time to think about it.

Would be OK with the Terry for Al Horford & the 76ers pick straight up. I could see Charlotte doing that and then shopping Horford as well.

The Pells strike me as a good trade partner too. I could see Terry for Lonzo and a second round pick or two.

If the pick is in 2021 I'd bite if done at the trade deadline so we don't hurt the tank.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 10,082

Post#1866 » by Liver_Pooty » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:59 am

Vanderbilt_Grad wrote:Still very anti-Westbrook after having more time to think about it.

I'm a big Lonzo fan and think hes going to come into his own next year. Id definitely do that trade.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,666

Post#1867 » by PerkinsFor3 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:06 am

Don't you think other teams are wary of trading for Rozier? I'm not sure if there's a good reason for the Pels to trade away Ball for Rozier...

I mean I could see the Sixers wanting to move Horford, but that's about it as far as reasoning goes.
Follow me on Twitter - https://twitter.com/perkinsfor3.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 2,807

Post#1868 » by BigSlam » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:45 am

PerkinsFor3 wrote:Don't you think other teams are wary of trading for Rozier? I'm not sure if there's a good reason for the Pels to trade away Ball for Rozier...

I mean I could see the Sixers wanting to move Horford, but that's about it as far as reasoning goes.

Why would other teams be wary of trading for Rozier?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BBMF'ers

Return to Charlotte Hornets