Fake Trade Thread 2

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,340

Re: Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#1241 » by MasterIchiro » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:44 pm

Great wrote:I agree, Kemba Walked.

Because the front office chose not to compel him with a fair offer.
It has been written...
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#1242 » by MasterIchiro » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:49 pm

LofJ wrote:We would have traded Kemba if not for Michael Jordan. Kemba would have played for the Cavaliers or the Mavericks last season.

Kupchak chose Rozier over Sexton and Smith Jr. I think that hints at a reboot over a full-blown rebuild like the Cavs and Knicks.
It has been written...
Teal25
Pro Prospect
And1: 578

Post#1243 » by Teal25 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:03 pm

LofJ wrote:We would have traded Kemba if not for Michael Jordan. Kemba would have played for the Cavaliers or the Mavericks last season.

Gilbert was to obsessed with that Brooklyn pick. Now in hindsight if we could’ve dumped Batum with Kemba for some 2nds instead of the lottery pick I would’ve done it.
hot_sauce_and1
Ballboy
And1: 18

Post#1244 » by hot_sauce_and1 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:30 am

Teal25 wrote:

Gilbert was to obsessed with that Brooklyn pick. Now in hindsight if we could’ve dumped Batum with Kemba for some 2nds instead of the lottery pick I would’ve done it.

Rather have Rozier or the lottery pick for that matter. Just let Batum's contract expire while he gets limited minutes. Play the young guys and lets see what we have.
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#1245 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:54 am

hot_sauce_and1 wrote:
Teal25 wrote:

Rather have Rozier or the lottery pick for that matter. Just let Batum's contract expire while he gets limited minutes. Play the young guys and lets see what we have.

I'm 100% down with Batum playing less. My gut is that Borrego starts him though, especially in the early part of the season.

And at this point I would rather have Terry with Nic still here rather than having dumped both Kemba and Nic too. Terry might change my mind if he plays poorly here, but I'm interested in seeing what he can do with Miles, PJ, Dwayne, & Monk.

And speaking of Monk, my gut is that he's the young guy most likely to be traded, if any of them are.
My picks:
2020 Draft (3rd pick) - Tyrese Haliburton, Devin Vassell, or Onyeka Okongwu
2021 Draft (11th pick) - Moses Moody
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#1246 » by MasterIchiro » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:05 am

I'm hoping the young player dealt is Cody Zeller. He will be 27 this year so, he's not exactly young young, but I don't think he has any untapped potential. I'd be happy attaching the Cavs pick with him for an upgrade.
It has been written...
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#1247 » by MasterIchiro » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:54 am

Or Hernangomez.

MKG + Hernangomez for Tristan Thompson. Then Marvin for Will Barton.

Rozier - Graham
Monk - Barton
Bacon - Batum
Miles - PJ
Thompson - Cody
It has been written...
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Post#1248 » by LofJ » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:23 pm

Read on Twitter

It seems to me that a simple swap of Marvin for E'twaun Moore would work, with MJ sending cash to make up the difference in pay.
Rays Pompadour
Senior
And1: 418

Post#1249 » by Rays Pompadour » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:56 pm

Seems to me that the plan all along was for Marvin to opt in and for the team to trade him. Marvin is a very smart dude. He opts in for more than he could get on the open market and works with the Hornets on a trade destination. It's the kind of collaboration that smart players do. It's also what future GM's do. And I definately think he's GM material.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,156

Post#1250 » by jbk1234 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:01 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:Or Hernangomez.

Rozier - Graham
Monk - Barton
Bacon - Batum
Miles - PJ
Thompson - Cody
Make it MKG and our second and you have a deal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
JDuaneWayne
Senior
And1: 115

Post#1251 » by JDuaneWayne » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:16 pm

I've missed the days where the post were:

Master Ichiro
Master Ichiro
Master Ichiro
some post that will never get read
Master Ichiro
Master Ichiro

All is once again right with the world :lol:

But for real though you put a lot of time into the Hornets. I wish I had that much free time. Maybe you can get a job in the marketing department, they're going to need it. You can turn some **** to sugar
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#1252 » by MasterIchiro » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:05 pm

jbk1234 wrote:

Rozier - Graham
Monk - Barton
Bacon - Batum
Miles - PJ
Thompson - Cody

No because the deal creates cap for you, and gives you 2 young players to evaluate for a player who is not part of your future plans.

But it seems you stretched JR Smith for that space. Kinda surprised no takers for his partially non-guaranteed deal. If cap issues remain give me a call at 704-867-5309
It has been written...
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#1253 » by MasterIchiro » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:11 pm

JDuaneWayne wrote:I've missed the days where the post were:

Master Ichiro
Master Ichiro
Master Ichiro
some post that will never get read
Master Ichiro
Master Ichiro

All is once again right with the world :lol:

But for real though you put a lot of time into the Hornets. I wish I had that much free time. Maybe you can get a job in the marketing department, they're going to need it. You can turn some **** to sugar

I do have a knack for branding and marketing. But I did not major in marketing nor journalism. My background is health sciences and I work in a hospital.

Hornets just need a center and a prolific scorer. If Cho had drafted Beal or Booker he'd still be the GM and Kemba would be here. Other than that, this team fits together better than any we have seen since relocation. They're gonna lose often but they will improve individually and as a team. Mitch Kupchak has resisted overtures for Monk and demands to attach the Miles pick or PJ pick to a bad contract. Things will improve. That's all I want to see. Too many times in the past I have watched games thinking, why the hell is this guy on the court. And those guys are still lingering, but they won't block the future.
It has been written...
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,156

Post#1254 » by jbk1234 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:58 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

Rozier - Graham
Monk - Barton
Bacon - Batum
Miles - PJ
Thompson - Cody

No because the deal creates cap for you, and gives you 2 young players to evaluate for a player who is not part of your future plans.

But it seems you stretched JR Smith for that space. Kinda surprised no takers for his partially non-guaranteed deal. If cap issues remain give me a call at 704-867-5309
I mean MKG is who he is. He's been in the league since 2012. I'm not really interested in Hernangomez. He'd be our 4th center and likely 4th on the depth chart.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#1255 » by MasterIchiro » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:02 am

Here's a move that gets us a legit center and lines up 80 million in expirings for the next big free agent class. In Nic Batum's final season we become a place to park contracts for picks, considering we likely won't attract any big free agents so early in our rebuild.

Since it saves the Thunder 40 million, we get a 1st round pick.

Hornets
Steven Adams (2 years)
Dennis Schröder (2 years)
2022 Clippers 1st

Thunder
Biz (expiring)
MKG (expiring)
Marvin (expiring)

Sets up the following year:
Batum expiring
Adams expiring
Cody expiring
Schröder expiring

Hornets start collecting picks for expirings this first year in the rebuild, with this deal.
This deal lines up multiple firsts the following season in year two of the rebuild.
Rozier and any extra years added in year 2 expire with him in year 3.

New lineup

Rozier - Graham
Monk - Schröder
Bacon - Batum
Miles - PJ
Adams - Cody
It has been written...
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#1256 » by MasterIchiro » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:37 am

Here's a deal that dumps Nic and gets us a legit center. The Wolves unload Wiggins and get the Cavs 2nd via Hornets but lose a 1st. The Pistons add a secondary scorer for Blake, a Minny first and hedge against Drummond opting out by adding Cody.

Hornets
Andre Drummond (likely expiring)
Tony Snell (2 years)

Timberwolves
Nic Batum (2 years)
Cavs 2nd 2020 via Hornets

Pistons
Andrew Wiggins (4 years)
Cody Zeller (2 years)
T-Wolves 1st
(Essentially investing in offense long term for Blake over a new contract to Drummond. Cody enables them to do this)

New lineup

Rozier - Graham
Monk - Snell
Bacon - MKG
Miles - PJ - Marvin
Drummond - Hernangomez - Biz
It has been written...
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#1257 » by MasterIchiro » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:00 pm

Here's a deal that makes our backcourt stronger on the perimeter and gives us a guard who shot 42% from 3 recently but shot 34% last year, a down year for him but still only 24-25 years old. This deal is one fans down on Monk would love.

Hornets
Gary Harris (3 years)

Nuggets
MKG (expiring)
Monk

New lineup

Rozier
Harris
Bacon
Miles/PJ
Cody/PJ
It has been written...
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Post#1258 » by LofJ » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:50 pm

I think Denver would be interested in getting Monk and MKG for Harris.

If we're trading Monk though I'd want someone coming back with more offensive potential.

CHA out Monk, Bacon, Williams, Biyombo
CHA in Ingram, Moore, and Adams

OKC out Adams and MIA 2021 1st
OKC in Biyombo and Monk

NOP out Ingram and Moore
NOP in Williams, Bacon, MIA 2021 1st

The Hornets get Ingram and have their wing rotation locked up for the next several years at the cost of Monk and Bacon, and taking on the bigger/longer contract of Adams.

The Thunder get out of the tax and take a flier on Monk, who could be a great fit next to SGA going forward.

The Pelicans add better shooters in Marvin and Bacon as more ideal fits around Zion. They also avoid having to tie up a lot of cap space on Ingram so early in Zion's career.
-Ian-
Analyst
And1: 849

Post#1259 » by -Ian- » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:13 am

MasterIchiro wrote:Here's a deal that makes our backcourt stronger on the perimeter and gives us a guard who shot 42% from 3 recently but shot 34% last year, a down year for him but still only 24-25 years old. This deal is one fans down on Monk would love.

Hornets
Gary Harris (3 years)

Nuggets
MKG (expiring)
Monk

New lineup

Rozier
Harris
Bacon
Miles/PJ
Cody/PJ

I'm here for this.

Back in 2016, I've been hoping for Cho to trade for one of Denver's guards — Murray/Harris/Beasley. Murray ended up being the best in that trio obviously so maybe the asking price for Harris isn't steep.
bravor
Starter
And1: 737

Post#1260 » by bravor » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:39 am

Hart could be a decent target as well and he's still on his rookie contract for 2 more years. Knowing NO already have a logjam at guard spot and he is not necessary a long time
His ceiling is slighty above 3D, a tad better than C. Lee, maybe A. Bradley level - basically he could be Hornet's Richardson - and he should not command a high contract unlike Ingram. Knowing the risk with Ingram is having someone proposing a huge offer sheet and hornets matching (/2016 rince repeat). No reason to focus on 'star' player (knowing Ingram droped pretty low quickly), i d rather get some guys with decent potential to fit with high level potential from draft and maybe through trades.

Return to Charlotte Hornets