ImageImage

Fake Trade Thread 2

Moderators: fatlever, yosemiteben, Diop, BigSlam, JDR720

luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 4,011
And1: 60
Joined: Aug 03, 2002
Location: Gold Coast
Contact:
   

Re: Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#1841 » by luciano-davidwesley » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:40 am

If it was easy to find someone willing to dump a bad contract and a first round pick for an expiring contract, how come we didn’t find a trading partner for Biz’s expiring $17 million deal?
Braggins
RealGM
Posts: 10,440
And1: 4,930
Joined: Jan 05, 2014

Re: Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#1842 » by Braggins » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:43 am

luciano-davidwesley wrote:If it was easy to find someone willing to dump a bad contract and a first round pick for an expiring contract, how come we didn’t find a trading partner for Biz’s expiring $17 million deal?

There might be a salary cap decline due to the covid situation. The salary cap outlook for a lot of teams is looking a lot worse than it was in 2019.
Rays Pompadour
Freshman
Posts: 67
And1: 35
Joined: Jul 08, 2018
     

Re: Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#1843 » by Rays Pompadour » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:57 am

As I understand it, the Hornets don't want to trade salary for salary. They want a pick to take on a contract with available cap space. If a player swap is needed, they have options. Zeller immediately comes to mind, followed by Bridges for the right deal.
User avatar
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
Posts: 34,219
And1: 10,084
Joined: Dec 29, 2008
Location: Asheville, NC
   

Re: Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#1844 » by Liver_Pooty » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:57 am

Braggins wrote:
luciano-davidwesley wrote:If it was easy to find someone willing to dump a bad contract and a first round pick for an expiring contract, how come we didn’t find a trading partner for Biz’s expiring $17 million deal?

There might be a salary cap decline due to the covid situation. The salary cap outlook for a lot of teams is looking a lot worse than it was in 2019.


Spot on.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
User avatar
316Hornets
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,576
And1: 2,364
Joined: Jun 26, 2015
Location: Milky Way
   

Re: Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#1845 » by 316Hornets » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:05 am

Our #32 + future 2nd for Mfiondu Kabengele
Who at 3? My board - Ratings
1 Lamelo 100
2 Edwards 99
3 Hayes 97
4 Wiseman 97
5 Okongwu 96
User avatar
James Gatz
Starter
Posts: 2,161
And1: 247
Joined: Mar 12, 2012

Re: Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#1846 » by James Gatz » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:48 pm

316Hornets wrote:Our #32 + future 2nd for Mfiondu Kabengele

What do you like about Kabengele? Only watched him in summer league but seemed stiff and fairly robotic. He's also a bit undersized but does possess a large wingspan.

For me, I'd rather gamble on someone with a lower guaranteed contract. Like I'd much rather have Xavier Tillman or Desmond Bane.
User avatar
316Hornets
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,576
And1: 2,364
Joined: Jun 26, 2015
Location: Milky Way
   

Re: Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#1847 » by 316Hornets » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:12 am

James Gatz wrote:
316Hornets wrote:Our #32 + future 2nd for Mfiondu Kabengele

What do you like about Kabengele? Only watched him in summer league but seemed stiff and fairly robotic. He's also a bit undersized but does possess a large wingspan.

For me, I'd rather gamble on someone with a lower guaranteed contract. Like I'd much rather have Xavier Tillman or Desmond Bane.


He'd be a good fit with the 2nd unit. Unselfish player that can rebound both ends and shoot from distance. Buried on LAC, so his value might be hidden. I'm also leery of having two many young guys on the team. Kabengele is 23 and the nephew of Dikembe Mutumbo so I think he'd be a good lockerroom presence.
Who at 3? My board - Ratings
1 Lamelo 100
2 Edwards 99
3 Hayes 97
4 Wiseman 97
5 Okongwu 96
LofJ
General Manager
Posts: 9,068
And1: 6,399
Joined: Mar 29, 2014
   

Re: Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#1848 » by LofJ » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:15 pm

CHT out Rozier, Zeller, Bridges
CHT in Wiggins, Looney, OKC 20 1st, MIN 21 1st

GSW out Wiggins, Looney, MIN 21 1st
GSW in Richardson, Horford, Bridges

PHi out Richardson, Horford, OKC 20 1st
PHI in Rozier, Zeller

We pick up a premium draft asset with the Minnesota pick by taking on Wiggins and sending out Bridges. We also get another pick in this draft.

Golden State adds 3 rotation players by moving Wiggins with the MIN pick. They also still have their #2 pick to use however they see fit.

Philadelphia gets younger and cuts salary and only has to use a late first to do so.
User avatar
James Gatz
Starter
Posts: 2,161
And1: 247
Joined: Mar 12, 2012

Re: Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#1849 » by James Gatz » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:11 pm

I don't see Philly going for that at all honestly. Having to use Richardson who is important piece and draft capital to dump Horford seems like a lot.

For us, I'd do it in a second! Two firsts to take on basically one full year of Wiggins contract.
User avatar
KEMBAtheMETEOR
RealGM
Posts: 37,597
And1: 7,169
Joined: Feb 05, 2012
Location: The 704
   

Re: Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#1850 » by KEMBAtheMETEOR » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:21 pm

Maybe if GS and CHA swap #2 and #3 I'd go for it to secure Wiseman. Otherwise I'm not sure I'd trade Bridges AND take back Wiggins for the Wolves' 1st next year. They have a decent shot at the playoffs, best case scenario that pick is like #10 next year barring significant injury. It's fair for all teams otherwise.
formerly BizGilwalker
spankymoore7
Junior
Posts: 418
And1: 81
Joined: Apr 23, 2010

Re: Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#1851 » by spankymoore7 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:39 pm

LofJ wrote:CHT out Rozier, Zeller, Bridges
CHT in Wiggins, Looney, OKC 20 1st, MIN 21 1st

GSW out Wiggins, Looney, MIN 21 1st
GSW in Richardson, Horford, Bridges

PHi out Richardson, Horford, OKC 20 1st
PHI in Rozier, Zeller

We pick up a premium draft asset with the Minnesota pick by taking on Wiggins and sending out Bridges. We also get another pick in this draft.

Golden State adds 3 rotation players by moving Wiggins with the MIN pick. They also still have their #2 pick to use however they see fit.

Philadelphia gets younger and cuts salary and only has to use a late first to do so.


I like this for us...keep 3 so we can get Ball or Edwards hopefully and gain two extra picks
User avatar
316Hornets
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,576
And1: 2,364
Joined: Jun 26, 2015
Location: Milky Way
   

Re: Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#1852 » by 316Hornets » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:41 pm

Rozier, Batum for Westbrook.

Then we draft Wiseman.

Westbrook
Graham
Miles
PJ
Wiseman

Would be a fun team to watch
Who at 3? My board - Ratings
1 Lamelo 100
2 Edwards 99
3 Hayes 97
4 Wiseman 97
5 Okongwu 96
Vanderbilt_Grad
Analyst
Posts: 3,631
And1: 1,382
Joined: Sep 22, 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#1853 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:52 am

316Hornets wrote:Rozier, Batum for Westbrook.

Then we draft Wiseman.

Westbrook
Graham
Miles
PJ
Wiseman

Would be a fun team to watch

I would not want to watch a team featuring Westbrook. Definitely not fun for me.
Hope is free.
User avatar
James Gatz
Starter
Posts: 2,161
And1: 247
Joined: Mar 12, 2012

Re: Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#1854 » by James Gatz » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:35 am

Vanderbilt_Grad wrote:
316Hornets wrote:Rozier, Batum for Westbrook.

Then we draft Wiseman.

Westbrook
Graham
Miles
PJ
Wiseman

Would be a fun team to watch

I would not want to watch a team featuring Westbrook. Definitely not fun for me.


Not trying to offend but that team would make me so deeply depressed.
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 4,011
And1: 60
Joined: Aug 03, 2002
Location: Gold Coast
Contact:
   

Re: Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#1855 » by luciano-davidwesley » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:17 am

316Hornets wrote:Rozier, Batum for Westbrook.

Then we draft Wiseman.

Westbrook
Graham
Miles
PJ
Wiseman

Would be a fun team to watch

If we deal Batum it will be for draft picks not another albatross contract.
Vanderbilt_Grad
Analyst
Posts: 3,631
And1: 1,382
Joined: Sep 22, 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#1856 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:06 pm

What's fascinating to me about Russ is that the Knicks would be a great landing spot for him ... but they literally took themselves out of the running with way they handled free agency last year.
Hope is free.
spankymoore7
Junior
Posts: 418
And1: 81
Joined: Apr 23, 2010

Re: Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#1857 » by spankymoore7 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:56 pm

316Hornets wrote:Rozier, Batum for Westbrook.

Then we draft Wiseman.

Westbrook
Graham
Miles
PJ
Wiseman

Would be a fun team to watch


I don't think taking on Westbrook's contract makes sense
LofJ
General Manager
Posts: 9,068
And1: 6,399
Joined: Mar 29, 2014
   

Re: Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#1858 » by LofJ » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:04 pm

If we're going to trade for an old, overpaid veteran give me Chris Paul 10 times out of 10 over Westbrook. He proved this year that he still has it. Not many players can elevate other guys like he can. Only a few players in the last several decades can match his basketball IQ. If he had been blessed with the body of Westbrook he would have been one of the games all-time greats.
User avatar
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
Posts: 11,559
And1: 3,536
Joined: Jun 14, 2004
Location: Servant to lord Bargnani
   

Re: Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#1859 » by amcoolio » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:49 pm

Apparently Paul went on this vegan diet and lost a bunch of fat and gained more speed. I think Paul would still be really good for the remainder of his contract which is why I would take him for our scraps.

Westbrook is a different story. Maybe the injury hurt him, maybe the pressure is off if he comes here...its concerning that he was talking trash to Lebron while they were getting killed. Makes no sense.
Image
User avatar
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
Posts: 34,219
And1: 10,084
Joined: Dec 29, 2008
Location: Asheville, NC
   

Re: Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#1860 » by Liver_Pooty » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:07 pm

LofJ wrote:If we're going to trade for an old, overpaid veteran give me Chris Paul 10 times out of 10 over Westbrook. He proved this year that he still has it. Not many players can elevate other guys like he can. Only a few players in the last several decades can match his basketball IQ. If he had been blessed with the body of Westbrook he would have been one of the games all-time greats.


Paul is a top 5 PG of all time in my opinion. Hes been underrated the last few years due to a meh attitude, but the dudes a killer on the court.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.

Return to Charlotte Hornets