Fake Trade Thread 2

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Re: Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#361 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:54 am

Braggins wrote:
jwise44 wrote:I really feel like Batum could help the rockets even though his contract sucks, and I really want there to be some way to help both teams (moving to North Carolina has made me root hardcore for Carolina teams). Batum and frank to houston for what exactly would wind up helping both teams?

There aren't very many different realistic salary combinations that match with Batum + Frank that dont involve Capela (obviously out of the question).

tucker + knight/gordon + chriss/nene

or

gordon + knight

Batum seems like a downgrade from Tucker to me, so I don't see the first option working for Houston even with picks, but I think it would be worth it for Charlotte to do Batum + Frank + picks for Tucker + Knight + Chriss. Gordon + Knight also would probably be worth it just for the salary relief, even though Gordon is also playing poorly and doesn't address any of our weaknesses.

I think that Austin Rivers has rendered Knight largely irrelevant to Houston.

The more interesting question for me is has Rivers rendered Paul irrelevant too? Batum & Marv for Chris Paul works salary wise and would give Houston impressive depth & shooting. In turn Paul would make Kemba tradeable. I'm not really expecting this trade, but it would be super interesting if nothing else and could lead to an entirely transformed Hornets roster.

In terms of more realistic trades Knight + either Gordon or Tucker works straight up for Batum, however I've got to think that the Hornets would include another player to even out salary if it's Gordon. Kaminsky, Monk, & Bridges all have numbers that work.

Another oddball possibility is that Carmelo ends up a Hornet if there is a trade with the Rockets.
My picks:
2020 Draft (3rd pick) - Tyrese Haliburton, Devin Vassell, or Onyeka Okongwu
2021 Draft (11th pick) - Moses Moody
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#362 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:22 am

I should also mention that Zach Lowe spitballed the idea of Ben Simmons for Kemba and Bridges. An additional Philly player would have to be included.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25723296/sixers-fit-great-that-matter
My picks:
2020 Draft (3rd pick) - Tyrese Haliburton, Devin Vassell, or Onyeka Okongwu
2021 Draft (11th pick) - Moses Moody
catch20two
RealGM
And1: 4,666

Post#363 » by catch20two » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:24 am

Vanderbilt_Grad wrote:I should also mention that Zach Lowe spitballed the idea of Ben Simmons for Kemba and Bridges. An additional Philly player would have to be included.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25723296/sixers-fit-great-that-matter

Sixers not trading Ben Simmons. I don’t know what kinda drugs they giving Lowe at ESPN.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,123

Post#364 » by JDR720 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:03 am

I would do that trade in half a millisecond.

What about

SGA, Teodosic and 2019 1st for Kemba?

I would do it, but im not sure if LAC is ready for this kind of trade.
stinger14
Starter
And1: 768

Post#365 » by stinger14 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:58 pm

Management has to do something, this is ridiculous. Gotta be willing to trade young guys and picks to improve or they just gotta trade a few guys and start the tank. Staying the course is stupid
JDuaneWayne
Senior
And1: 115

Post#366 » by JDuaneWayne » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:15 pm

stinger14 wrote:Management has to do something, this is ridiculous. Gotta be willing to trade young guys and picks to improve or they just gotta trade a few guys and start the tank. Staying the course is stupid

I agree but we're assuming there is a deal to be made. I think it's safe to say we are buyers right now, but what if there isn't a deal to be had. We will be leaving ourselves a small window to turn around and be sellers. I'm sure in most conversations everyone is asking for too much in return. Demands will lessen closer to the deadline. Hopefully we are working both sides of the market, and Mitch will have deals in place for both situations. Hopefully MJ takes a back seat and lets him do his job.
DY_nasty
General Manager
And1: 4,946

Post#367 » by DY_nasty » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:36 pm

i'd be cool with clearing out cap for demarcus cousins at rate. kemba goes to the all-star game, shuts it down, boogie and kemba... i'm with it lol

better than love at least
stinger14
Starter
And1: 768

Post#368 » by stinger14 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:37 pm

I am still on the fence about trading for Love. I know of all the concerns with him and his contract and I have those concerns as well. However, let's look at this from another perspective....

Batum, Cody, Frank, 2019 1st top 10 protected, and two 2nds for Love and Thompson.

Kemba, Tony, Graham
Lamb, Monk
MKG, Miles
Love, Marv
Thompson, Biz

This gets us in the playoffs, but does much more for the future. Then management sells Kemba on these points of view...

1. We currently have a playoff roster
2. We got rid of Batum, and got another all-star to play next to you (Kemba)
3. Biz, Marvin, MKG, and Thompson are all on expiring contracts this coming year.
4. Those expiring contracts could POSSIBLY help us upgrade the roster at some point in the season.
5. If we cannot make a trade involving any of them, then we play out the season and let them all expire clearing a lot of salary.
6. This is another benefit of getting Kevin Love. Now that we have you (Kemba) and Kevin here, we feel like we can attract free agents to play here, and we will have the money to make it happen.

What this all comes down to, replacing Cody with Thompson makes us better while shaving off that 3rd year on Cody's contract. Getting Love is a risk, but can be rewarding. Not only can he and Thompaon help us get to the playoffs, but having Love and Kemba makes us a better draw to free agents. Batum is terrible and I think not having him around is a positive by itself
Radu_Hornets
Rookie
And1: 325

Post#369 » by Radu_Hornets » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:36 pm

stinger14 wrote:I am still on the fence about trading for Love. I know of all the concerns with him and his contract and I have those concerns as well. However, let's look at this from another perspective....

Batum, Cody, Frank, 2019 1st top 10 protected, and two 2nds for Love and Thompson.

Kemba, Tony, Graham
Lamb, Monk
MKG, Miles
Love, Marv
Thompson, Biz

This gets us in the playoffs, but does much more for the future. Then management sells Kemba on these points of view...

1. We currently have a playoff roster
2. We got rid of Batum, and got another all-star to play next to you (Kemba)
3. Biz, Marvin, MKG, and Thompson are all on expiring contracts this coming year.
4. Those expiring contracts could POSSIBLY help us upgrade the roster at some point in the season.
5. If we cannot make a trade involving any of them, then we play out the season and let them all expire clearing a lot of salary.
6. This is another benefit of getting Kevin Love. Now that we have you (Kemba) and Kevin here, we feel like we can attract free agents to play here, and we will have the money to make it happen.

What this all comes down to, replacing Cody with Thompson makes us better while shaving off that 3rd year on Cody's contract. Getting Love is a risk, but can be rewarding. Not only can he and Thompaon help us get to the playoffs, but having Love and Kemba makes us a better draw to free agents. Batum is terrible and I think not having him around is a positive by itself

THIS.

I hope our management reads this forum, and investigate this message. I believe, that's our best opportunity with our assets.
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,171

Post#370 » by SWedd523 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:56 pm

Three draft picks, expiring money and a solid player for a worse/longer contract than Batum and a Kardashian due 18.5mil next year.

I mean I guess there are worse trades?
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,148

Post#371 » by Braggins » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:46 pm

TT is atrocious. Hes as bad as, or worse than, Biz. If we traded for him it should be purely as salary dump and I don't think its worth it to lose our only decent center just to get out of one year of a medium size contract.

I'm really skeptical that we should be giving up a 1st in a Batum for Love swap.
catch20two
RealGM

Post#372 » by catch20two » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:27 am

Charlotte get: Willie Cauley-Stein, Zach Randolph (buyout/expiring), Kosta Koufos (buyout/expiring)

Sacramento get: Nicolas Batum, Willy Hernangomez, and top 12 protected 1st rounder

———————————————————

Charlotte get: Jabari Parker

Chicago get: Cody Zeller and Frank Kaminsky

———————————————————

C - WCS/Biz/Koufos
PF - Marv/Jabari
SF - MKG/Miles/Bacon
SG - Lamb/Monk
PG - Kemba/TP/Graham

Waive/Buyout Zach Randolph
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
Radu_Hornets
Rookie

Post#373 » by Radu_Hornets » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:21 pm

Trade for Marc gasol
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#374 » by JMAC3 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:39 pm

If I were Hornets GM, I would basically not worry about this year. Instead I would focus on the next three years. No I’m not saying blow the team up or trade kemba.

I would instead look at trying to gather talent and not worry about how the rotation would look. I would just focus on trying to improve the talent on the team.

The only reason to trade Batum in my mind is to open money to resign Kemba. We can honestly do that a few different ways tho. I don’t think if we trade Batum it fixes much, we won’t go out and sign a great player. Would I move him if I could? Sure, but I wouldn’t obsess about it and take a bad deal.

Instead I would focus on smaller moves to open up cap space trading players like MkG, Marv, Biz and Cody. I don’t think any of them are irreplaceable. Do I want to keep Mkg? Yes of course I like him. But he isn’t worth keeping if it makes our cap situation this offseason a mess.

My goals would be:
1. Get a second allstar to play next to Kemba.
2. Open up Cap Space to resign Kemba.
3. Add players to team who can play defense and make open threes.
4. Find a cheap upgrade at center.
5. Build a strong enough team that we need to Stretch Provision Batum in his final year, to get over the hump. (We are far away from this now).

The problem with the current hornets team isn’t necessarily Kemba or Batum. It’s overpaying players like MKG, Marv, Zeller and Biz. We can find players who give us 80-90% of their production at half the costs. We need to remove these type of contracts (Lamb at 7 million is the type of deals that we need to find).

I would rather pay Kemba the Max, Batum his salary, and another allstar (Love, Beal, Hayward, etc) his large deal. Then fill in roster with Vets, Rookie deals, and cheap 1-2 year deals. No more giving role players 4/50 million deals- that’s what sunk us.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,238

Post#375 » by amcoolio » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:50 pm

Wonder if Jaylen Brown can be had and tell him he’s a main option with Kemba
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
Chapelchilla
Bench Warmer
And1: 867

Post#376 » by Chapelchilla » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:09 pm

Apparently Dallas is shopping DSJ right now. I would be fine trading Monk and a lottery protected 1st rounder for him. Seems like that would be good for both teams. Or even better throw in Cody and Marv for Jordan. Solves all of our problems.....
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#377 » by JMAC3 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:26 pm

Chapelchilla wrote:Apparently Dallas is shopping DSJ right now. I would be fine trading Monk and a lottery protected 1st rounder for him. Seems like that would be good for both teams. Or even better throw in Cody and Marv for Jordan. Solves all of our problems.....

We could get a much better player for Monk and a first. Not saying I hate DSJ but seems like a lot for a backup point guard.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Big Board
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#378 » by JMAC3 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:29 pm

amcoolio wrote:Wonder if Jaylen Brown can be had and tell him he’s a main option with Kemba

Only way I see Boston trading Brown is for a legit superstar. He is young, cheap and plays defense... that’s ideal for them.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Big Board
catch20two
RealGM

Post#379 » by catch20two » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:47 pm

Jaylen Brown has been utter trash this season.
Radu_Hornets
Rookie

Post#380 » by Radu_Hornets » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:06 pm

I’ve been on the Grizzlies subreddit because they might Be shopping Gasol.

I just wanted to gauge the value he gets from the fan base.
Some of them proposed: Batum + protected 1st or Monk.

(A lot of them are high on Monk)

Return to Charlotte Hornets