ImageImage

Fake Trade Thread 2

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

316Hornets
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,731

Re: Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#61 » by 316Hornets » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:12 pm

Monk + Batum + 2019 1st to Phx for TJ Warren and Ryan Anderson. Stretch Anderson's contract after the year. Done deal.
The Charlotte Hornets will win their first round series against the Boston Celtics in the 2021 Playoffs
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,634

Post#62 » by yosemiteben » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:14 pm

Yeah I don't know where I sit on Porter, I think catch makes good points but I also honestly haven't tracked him closely and maybe it would work out well.

For what Porter adds in 3PT%, he also would have a major drop in passing. He's never averaged above 2.5 apg per 36.
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,219

Post#63 » by amcoolio » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:16 pm

I think Porter would be perfect as a 3 and D high volume wing, we have plenty of passing
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,509

Post#64 » by LofJ » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:21 pm

yosemiteben wrote:Yeah I don't know where I sit on Porter, I think catch makes good points but I also honestly haven't tracked him closely and maybe it would work out well.

For what Porter adds in 3PT%, he also would have a major drop in passing. He's never averaged above 2.5 apg per 36.

Porter initiated the offense in the high post at Georgetown. Passing was noted as one of his best strengths coming out. He hasn't had the chance to showcase that ability playing with Wall and Beal.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,032

Post#65 » by JDR720 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:21 pm

Why would they trade him? He is their best younger player who isn't supposedly wanting out.

Just had an idea that is probably stupid, but why not?

Nic + Biz + 1st + 2 2nd's for Wall and Porter
stinger14
Starter
And1: 768

Post#66 » by stinger14 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:41 pm

JDR720 wrote:Why would they trade him? He is their best younger player who isn't supposedly wanting out.

Just had an idea that is probably stupid, but why not?

Nic + Biz + 1st + 2 2nd's for Wall and Porter

Porter yes, Wall absolutely not
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,143

Post#67 » by JMAC3 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:36 am

We have some options, I would have to think there is some strategy of acquiring all those second round picks last year.

I personally would like to keep our first round pick, as I think we can find a young athletic center in the 15-20 range we all seem to be coveting.

I wouldn’t give up a first for Thompson, he is on a bad contract. He is just putting up empty stats on one of the leagues worst teams. Same with Kanter.

We also can always stretch biz at end of year and open up 11 million in cap.

Biz and a second rounder for JR makes more sense then getting TT.

Marvin and MKG actually have trade value right now.

Biz and Bacon/frank might net us an expiring.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
bravor
Starter
And1: 733

Post#68 » by bravor » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:26 am

Kanter and Thompson are like apple and oranges here. Kanter is on a 19M expiring contract while Thompson still has one more year after this. Kanter is basically one of the big men like Vucecic and Lopez who could bring something to the team from the low post/pnr option to the off the court implications (cap relief).

Btw, since Boston is still struggling, i am wondering if something like this could be done :
Batum/MKG versus Hayward/Smart

I think salaries work, even though Smart is not yet available. The question being would Boston agree to do this and with what kind of sweeteners.
Benjamin Linus
Veteran
And1: 1,268

Post#69 » by Benjamin Linus » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:00 pm

I would do MKG/Batum/1st for Hayward/Smart but I can’t see Brad Stevens letting go of his stepson anytime soon
stinger14
Starter

Post#70 » by stinger14 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:37 pm

They are probably not interested, but I would call the Pelicans about Batum. They have a few expirings that would allow them to trade for Batum, and I think he would be a great fit in their starting lineup. With Davis, Mirotic, Holiday, Moore, and Randle all putting up points, it would allow Batum to play his game and not be depended on to score.

N.O. gets - Batum, top 10 protected 1st

Hornets get - Hill, Johnson, Miller

Not real sexy for this season unless the expirings could be flipped for a useful player. However, the cap space at seasons end would help a lot
dmutombo321
Sixth Man
And1: 365

Post#71 » by dmutombo321 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:14 pm

stinger14 wrote:They are probably not interested, but I would call the Pelicans about Batum. They have a few expirings that would allow them to trade for Batum, and I think he would be a great fit in their starting lineup. With Davis, Mirotic, Holiday, Moore, and Randle all putting up points, it would allow Batum to play his game and not be depended on to score.

Not real sexy for this season unless the expirings could be flipped for a useful player. However, the cap space at seasons end would help a lot

In a vacuum, NO would probably have some interest in Batum as he fits nicely with their mix.
His contract beyond this year would hamstring them in resigning Mirotic and Randle though so I think they pass
stinger14
Starter

Post#72 » by stinger14 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:11 pm

dmutombo321 wrote:
stinger14 wrote:They are probably not interested, but I would call the Pelicans about Batum. They have a few expirings that would allow them to trade for Batum, and I think he would be a great fit in their starting lineup. With Davis, Mirotic, Holiday, Moore, and Randle all putting up points, it would allow Batum to play his game and not be depended on to score.

In a vacuum, NO would probably have some interest in Batum as he fits nicely with their mix.
His contract beyond this year would hamstring them in resigning Mirotic and Randle though so I think they pass

With Batum, they would have about $99 million on the books if Randle picks his option up. If he declines his option, they would be at about $90 million
amcoolio

Post#73 » by amcoolio » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:05 pm

Derozan's defense is bad. But hear me out. Kemba attracts so much attention that if the Spurs feel they are really behind which they do apparently and Derozan can be had, I think he would work here. Monk,Biyombo, Lamb and firsts, or Batum/Miles/Marvin for Derozan/Gay
stinger14
Starter

Post#74 » by stinger14 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:21 pm

amcoolio wrote:Derozan's defense is bad. But hear me out. Kemba attracts so much attention that if the Spurs feel they are really behind which they do apparently and Derozan can be had, I think he would work here. Monk,Biyombo, Lamb and firsts, or Batum/Miles/Marvin for Derozan/Gay

He may work, but I am no fan of DeRozan at all, and I feel he is the ultimate empty stats guy. I actually think Lamb is starting to show he can give us most of what DeRozan would. I would prefer to get Aldridge and Gay

Biz, Marv, top 10 protected 1st for Aldridge and Gay
amcoolio

Post#75 » by amcoolio » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:23 pm

DeRozan, who has been pretty great so far on offense this season but really bad on defense, would be so much better with a guy like Kemba next to him. He can also take the load off in the 1st and 3rd quarters so Kemba doesn't get burned out

Aldridge would be shaky, I don't think he would be thrilled to play with Kemba. Gay is shooting well from deep this year.
stinger14
Starter

Post#76 » by stinger14 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:24 pm

amcoolio wrote:DeRozan, who has been pretty great so far on offense this season but really bad on defense, would be so much better with a guy like Kemba next to him. He can also take the load off in the 1st and 3rd quarters so Kemba doesn't get burned out

Aldridge would be shaky, I don't think he would be thrilled to play with Kemba. Gay is shooting well from deep this year.

You may be right, but Aldridge and Borrego know each other well, and Aldridge did have some great years playing with Lillard
bravor
Starter
And1: 733

Post#77 » by bravor » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:34 pm

Alridge was pouting because he was not number one, and it started with Roy though Roy was a natural leader, and it was worst with Lillard once he took over.

Anyway both disappear in play offs (or fail to deliver more precisely), even though Alridge could have been a beast if he had agreed to play at C (i remember a monster game he had with the blazers in Dallas years ago after the Oden injury, he was terrific).
and it would mean Batum out as Alridge was said not to like Batum (watching my words, but it was even worst according to what i have read on some blazers blogs - true or not, shrug, though it might be possible as Batum never really helped Alridge to shine unlike Fernandez for instance - once he left for SA).

I would glady welcome Cunningham here though as he would be a servicable big here (good screens, good defense, good perimeter/midrange jumper).

Sacramento 'officialy' interested by Porter, things might start to move finally. Hopefully it will help with the Beal rumor here. Or with another move.
tondi123
Starter
And1: 1,376

Post#78 » by tondi123 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:48 pm

Only way we dump LePew for anything of value without giving up a ton of assets is if they haven't actually watched any of our games this season.
stinger14
Starter

Post#79 » by stinger14 » Sat Dec 1, 2018 11:27 pm

I have never been a fan of Wiggins, and that has not changed. Serious question though, and think about the pros and cons when answering.

Would you trade Batum for Wiggins if we could also include Marvin for Taj Gibson in the deal?

Wolves get - Batum and Marvin
Hornets get - Wiggins and Taj

Obviously the Wiggins contract is bad and is 2 years longer than Batum. However, Taj Gibson is an expiring that gets us out of Marvins deal to help resign Kemba and Lamb this summer. Wiggins is young and may be better in the Borrego uptempo system compared to the slow paced Thibs system. He is still young with a chance to improve under Borrego unlike Batum who is just getting older and slower. Taj would bring some defense, toughness, and rebounding here with his expiring.

Thibs coaches like Clifford, so Batum and Marvin are better for that system than the Borrego system.
Eoghan
RealGM
And1: 3,293

Post#80 » by Eoghan » Sun Dec 2, 2018 1:34 am

Absolutely.

Return to Charlotte Hornets