Moderators: yosemiteben, BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever

JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 42,930

Center rotation with Cody hurt 

Post#1 » by JDR720 » Tue Jan 1, 2019 10:32 pm

What should our center rotation be?

I think it should be Willy starting and Bis as the backup. Frank is probably better than Biz, but we need some kind of defense at the position.
catch20two
RealGM
And1: 4,666

Re: Center rotation with Cody hurt 

Post#2 » by catch20two » Tue Jan 1, 2019 10:44 pm

I want Biz to start with Frank backing him up. Frank can get the bulk of the minutes as Biz only need about 20 minutes.

I’m not a fan of Willy at all. He does nothing well enough to offset his weaknesses and he makes too many unnecessary low BBIQ/low effort plays for my liking.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
Lwcasu
Pro Prospect
And1: 302

Post#3 » by Lwcasu » Wed Jan 2, 2019 12:28 am

catch20two wrote:I want Biz to start with Frank backing him up. Frank can get the bulk of the minutes as Biz only need about 20 minutes.

I’m not a fan of Willy at all. He does nothing well enough to offset his weaknesses and he makes too many unnecessary low BBIQ/low effort plays for my liking.

I hate Frank and would love to keep him buried. I do agree he may be a better option, but I’m gonna go with Willy/Biz and MKG to have spot minutes. I’m hoping I’m right but guess we are gonna see Frank play every night at at least 10-15 :(
316Hornets
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,731

Post#4 » by 316Hornets » Wed Jan 2, 2019 12:32 am

Biz just isn't going to work with Kemba's playing style. He could come in for spot bench minutes, but Willy is going to get about 25 minutes, Frank 10, and Biz 5.
The Charlotte Hornets will win their first round series against the Boston Celtics in the 2021 Playoffs
catch20two
RealGM

Post#5 » by catch20two » Wed Jan 2, 2019 12:51 am

316Hornets wrote:Biz just isn't going to work with Kemba's playing style. He could come in for spot bench minutes, but Willy is going to get about 25 minutes, Frank 10, and Biz 5.

Biz used to always get Kemba going with his strong screens in the past. I don’t think Biz would effect Kemba in any way but positively.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
catch20two
RealGM

Post#6 » by catch20two » Wed Jan 2, 2019 12:53 am

Lwcasu wrote:
catch20two wrote:I want Biz to start with Frank backing him up. Frank can get the bulk of the minutes as Biz only need about 20 minutes.

I hate Frank and would love to keep him buried. I do agree he may be a better option, but I’m gonna go with Willy/Biz and MKG to have spot minutes. I’m hoping I’m right but guess we are gonna see Frank play every night at at least 10-15 :(

I just feel like there’s more upside to Frank catching fire than Willy. Neither plays defense but Frank can slightly move his feet better while Willy can partially rebound better. Frank is just more likely to score 20.
Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,494

Post#7 » by Bassman » Wed Jan 2, 2019 1:41 am

Major article on Willy and comments that may indicate he is the new starter:

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nba/charlotte-hornets/article223800165.html
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
316Hornets
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,731

Post#8 » by 316Hornets » Wed Jan 2, 2019 2:56 am

catch20two wrote:
316Hornets wrote:Biz just isn't going to work with Kemba's playing style. He could come in for spot bench minutes, but Willy is going to get about 25 minutes, Frank 10, and Biz 5.

Biz used to always get Kemba going with his strong screens in the past. I don’t think Biz would effect Kemba in any way but positively.

He's got no hands. If he sets a screen, both guys just collapse on Kemba.
The Charlotte Hornets will win their first round series against the Boston Celtics in the 2021 Playoffs
Lwcasu
Pro Prospect
And1: 302

Post#9 » by Lwcasu » Wed Jan 2, 2019 9:54 am

catch20two wrote:
Lwcasu wrote:

I just feel like there’s more upside to Frank catching fire than Willy. Neither plays defense but Frank can slightly move his feet better while Willy can partially rebound better. Frank is just more likely to score 20.

Don’t get me wrong, Frank has strong upside and that’s why I hate him. If he approached the game 100% committed he could be a really good starter, and right now if we give him minutes I fully expect him to perform, but only because he’s in a contract year and I do not want guys like that on this team. I’d rather give those mins to someone else, even Biz (at least Biz puts all his heart into the game)
GoBobs
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,459

Post#10 » by GoBobs » Wed Jan 2, 2019 5:45 pm

Biyombo because he has had the least opportunity so far and deserves a chance. I know there are some plays he cant run on offense. I want coach to find the things he can do and run that.
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,061

Post#11 » by JMAC3 » Wed Jan 2, 2019 6:29 pm

I say we roll with Willy as the starter and Frank as the backup. In my opinion Biz is not an NBA player, he is just so bad and will likely be out of league after this contract.

Willy and Frank have similar styles and honestly I would just play the hot hand late in games.

Also, we should try to get Frank trade value up. He is ideal candidate to trade at deadline to a contender since he will likely be gone at end of year. He would be good off the bench for Philly or Houston. They are good enough they may give up first since it will be so late.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,564

Post#12 » by fatlever » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:04 pm

catch20two
RealGM

Post#13 » by catch20two » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:17 pm

Blah.
Snidely FC
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,121

Post#14 » by Snidely FC » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:27 am

I mean what are we fans supposed to think when Guelli the MJ whisperer is sharing this on twitter??

"we are aware of the problem but helpless to do anything about it" . . . ???
euphorbus
Analyst
And1: 1,480

Post#15 » by euphorbus » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:42 am

fatlever wrote:https://hashtagbasketball.com/charlotte-hornets/content/hornets-need-cody-zeller/amp?__twitter_impression=true

"He’s not the second star that the team desperately needs to establish next to Kemba Walker, but Zeller might just be the team’s most important player outside of the All-Star guard."

I've been saying this for a long time.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,035

Post#16 » by Liver_Pooty » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:23 am

Its honestly halfway true.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
Buzzzz
Senior
And1: 552

Post#17 » by Buzzzz » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:27 am

Biz to start. Give some guy in the G League a 10 day contract to play backup
Splitta
Sophomore
And1: 174

Post#18 » by Splitta » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:52 pm

CZ has only a little more impact on this team than the other centers that we have. If CZ was playing on this road trip we would still end up 1 and 5. Not much difference with our centers except CZ does hustle more although usually aimlessly.
DY_nasty
General Manager
And1: 4,946

Post#19 » by DY_nasty » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:31 pm

fatlever wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Sent from my SM-G920V using RealGM mobile app

https://hashtagbasketball.com/charlotte-hornets/content/hornets-need-cody-zeller/amp?__twitter_impression=true

while i understand the article and think its well written, there's just gotta be some.... i guess 'awareness'? on a guy like cody's impact

he's important simply because there's no one else
catch20two
RealGM

Post#20 » by catch20two » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:20 pm

Just roll with Frank behind Biz. Whoever is having the better night get 25+ minutes.

Playing Willy is equivalent to digging your own grave and getting buried alive.

Return to Charlotte Hornets