ImageImage

GT charlotte vs suns 1/19 5PM EST

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

HornetsFan29
Bench Warmer
And1: 952

Re: GT charlotte vs suns 1/19 5PM EST 

Post#81 » by HornetsFan29 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:39 am

pacers game is winable imo we gotta come out and play great but it def winnable we beat them earlier in the season at our place so lets get this and get back to 500.
DY_nasty
General Manager
And1: 4,946

Post#82 » by DY_nasty » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:40 am

pacers actually have a rotation of centers (not phx) and not frail pretty boys (not sac)

rebounding and the interior is where we suck at. hope we play well through it but its always gonna be uphill until we fix that part of the lineup
Snidely FC
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,141

Post#83 » by Snidely FC » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:43 am

Segue to tomorrow night's game: "Pacers Fans Chant John Wall Hates You"

larf
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,053

Post#84 » by Liver_Pooty » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:45 am

catch20two wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:If Suns can land Zion they're going to be fun as hell to watch.

He's going to the Cavs.

Then Lebron goes back in 4 years and ends his career with a title.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
Hornet Mania
General Manager
And1: 7,402

Post#85 » by Hornet Mania » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:49 am

Awesome win, it's great to take care of business like that against a team you expect to beat. Indiana is a rock solid team, winning tomorrow will be tough but I hope we steal it.
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#86 » by jwise44 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:52 am

Loved seeing kembas mom. He better get all star starter
catch20two
RealGM
And1: 4,666

Post#87 » by catch20two » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:53 am

jwise44 wrote:Loved seeing kembas mom. He better get all star starter

Only if Wade gracefully bows out of the career achievement honorary selection.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
euphorbus
Analyst
And1: 1,480

Post#88 » by euphorbus » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:19 am

catch20two wrote:Biz will be getting double doubles in 20 minutes while Cody hardly ever gets that in 30 minutes.

Give it a rest. This is the Phoenix Tank Commanders they played.
catch20two
RealGM

Post#89 » by catch20two » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:00 am

euphorbus wrote:
catch20two wrote:Biz will be getting double doubles in 20 minutes while Cody hardly ever gets that in 30 minutes.

I’ve been tired of Cody for a while now so how can I give this a rest when Biz is awakening before our eyes?
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,238

Post#90 » by amcoolio » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:29 am

Devin Booker has the worst contract in the league with Wall

Dude is a 30M a year Ben Gordon, doesn't contribute to winning basketball at all and you want him on the floor 30+ minutes if you are the other team

Phoenix should have bailed and picked up good players when they had a chance
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
316Hornets
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,731

Post#91 » by 316Hornets » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:40 am

We got some distance on the 8 spot with Det and Orl both losing. It's not nearly enough though so we have to keep winning. That end stretch is going to be so hard and finishing as a 9th seed this season is the worst case scenario.
The Charlotte Hornets will win their first round series against the Boston Celtics in the 2021 Playoffs
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,147

Post#92 » by Braggins » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:31 am

amcoolio wrote:Devin Booker has the worst contract in the league with Wall

Dude is a 30M a year Ben Gordon, doesn't contribute to winning basketball at all and you want him on the floor 30+ minutes if you are the other team

Phoenix should have bailed and picked up good players when they had a chance

He seems like a douche bag too. I really don't like him.

I still wish they took him over Frank.
Braggins
RealGM

Post#93 » by Braggins » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:42 am

Cody is better than Biz, but but Biz should definitely be getting Willy's minutes.

I could potentially see Biz as the starter for lineup balance reasons, though. Players like him often work best as low minute starters and I like separating he and MKG in the lineup, but I also like to have him there to clean up at the rim with the 2nd unit when the Parker/Monk backcourt gets burnt all the time. Its close. It might come to something small like whether Parker or Graham is the backup PG.

Batum has been playing better. Hes just been disappointing/underwhelming instead of actively bad.
Hornet Mania
General Manager
And1: 7,402

Post#94 » by Hornet Mania » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:19 pm

catch20two wrote:
jwise44 wrote:Loved seeing kembas mom. He better get all star starter

Only if Wade gracefully bows out of the career achievement honorary selection.

Hopefully the players/coaches will overrule the fans on that one.
Eoghan
RealGM
And1: 3,293

Post#95 » by Eoghan » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:20 pm

euphorbus wrote:

Cody had plenty of the easiest part of the season schedule to play like he's 7 foot tall. He rarely did/does.

catch20two
RealGM

Post#96 » by catch20two » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:02 pm

Braggins wrote:Cody is better than Biz

I think I have to disagree with this with all due respect. This isn’t the same Biz that we had the first few seasons. Biz is more seasoned now. He protects the paint well. He finishes around the rim well. He rebounds well. He even catches the ball in traffic at a decent rate compared to our other bigs.
316Hornets
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,731

Post#97 » by 316Hornets » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:31 pm

Hard for me to defend Cody when he misses like 20 games each year. You just can't build around a guy like that on the starting lineup because it throws everything out of whack when they inevitably go down. Biz has impressed me and looked very capable since taking over starting duties. He's not worth 17 mil, but is a guy that can protect the paint and move the ball around a little on offense.
The Charlotte Hornets will win their first round series against the Boston Celtics in the 2021 Playoffs
Braggins
RealGM

Post#98 » by Braggins » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:35 pm

Eoghan wrote:
Spoiler:
euphorbus wrote:

Cody had plenty of the easiest part of the season schedule to play like he's 7 foot tall. He rarely did/does.

Does the double double thing really matter that much? Big Al got a double double pretty much every night and he was garbage. Cody doesn't get hardly any and he still helps the team more than someone like Big Al.

catch20two wrote:

I think I have to disagree with this with all due respect. This isn’t the same Biz that we had the first few seasons. Biz is more seasoned now. He protects the paint well. He finishes around the rim well. He rebounds well. He even catches the ball in traffic at a decent rate compared to our other bigs.

I can't ignore the three straight years of fantastic impact stats from Cody and due to his injury issues we've seen a lot of clear evidence that we are way worse when he doesn't play. The drop off is super obvious every time. I don't remember the exact numbers, but our record without Cody over the last three years is unbelievably bad compared to our record with him playing. Hes looked considerably worse this season and the impact stats are still there. His box score stuff isn't even as bad you might think. Hes only playing 24 minutes and putting up 9/6/2 (per36 - 14/9/3/1/1) on 56/31/84 shooting splits. BPM is +2.3 and RPM is +.98. Although, his injury tendency is a huge issue that limits his value quite a bit.

Biz's play is trending upwards I think you can make a case for Biz to start and play 10-15 minutes per game, but I still think Cody is the better and more well rounded player. They are both underrated imo.

Has anyone else noticed that Kemba finally figured out how to pass to Biz? He still throws him bounce passes, but he throws them at a really steep angle so they bounce up to Biz's head level or higher.
Braggins
RealGM

Post#99 » by Braggins » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:10 pm

Start Biz and play him 12mpg. Cody off the bench to play 24mpg. Fill in the other 12 minutes at center with Marv and a little bit of Frank if absolutely necessary due to injuries or weird matchups. Trade Willy for any value you can get.

Kemba/Graham/Parker
Lamb/Monk
Batum/Miles/Bacon
Marv/MKG
Biz/Cody/Frank

If we could find a decent backup PG with size to fit defensively next to Monk that would be a really solid rotation. Someone like Cory Joseph would be nice. Biggest issue is still lacking a 2nd star.
catch20two
RealGM

Post#100 » by catch20two » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:47 pm

Braggins wrote:
Eoghan wrote:
Spoiler:
euphorbus wrote:

Does the double double thing really matter that much? Big Al got a double double pretty much every night and he was garbage. Cody doesn't get hardly any and he still helps the team more than someone like Big Al.

catch20two wrote:

I can't ignore the three straight years of fantastic impact stats from Cody and due to his injury issues we've seen a lot of clear evidence that we are way worse when he doesn't play. The drop off is super obvious every time. I don't remember the exact numbers, but our record without Cody over the last three years is unbelievably bad compared to our record with him playing. Hes looked considerably worse this season and the impact stats are still there. His box score stuff isn't even as bad you might think. Hes only playing 24 minutes and putting up 9/6/2 (per36 - 14/9/3/1/1) on 56/31/84 shooting splits. BPM is +2.3 and RPM is +.98. Although, his injury tendency is a huge issue that limits his value quite a bit.

Biz's play is trending upwards I think you can make a case for Biz to start and play 10-15 minutes per game, but I still think Cody is the better and more well rounded player. They are both underrated imo.

Has anyone else noticed that Kemba finally figured out how to pass to Biz? He still throws him bounce passes, but he throws them at a really steep angle so they bounce up to Biz's head level or higher.

I’m not ignoring the impact stats of Cody but Biz never got to really play with this team since he was let go by the time we decided to be a “win-now” team. It’s proven that Biz can help a team reach the ECF as a starter tho.

Return to Charlotte Hornets