ImageImage

GT charlotte vs heat 3/17 1PM EST

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,524

Re: GT charlotte vs heat 3/17 1PM EST 

Post#41 » by Bassman » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:26 pm

I spoke before the season started about my rebounding concerns. But in reality this group has lots of issues, up and down the line. And despite the praise (many times deserved) for Kemba, he really isn’t the constant of excellence you need from a star player.
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,833

Post#42 » by Diop » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:56 pm

feels like this team has regressed over the season.

can we finally give up? let kemba and lamb walk, release Parker and let him finish with a winner

I wonder if MKG is sick of losing? he's had a decent pay day, he should opt out and go elsewhere as well.
UNCNYC
Assistant Coach
And1: 868

Post#43 » by UNCNYC » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:46 am

I think we should let everyone go and take what we can get as far as draft picks. If we decide to keep the current roster I would much rather us invest the time in starting

Kemba
Lamb
Bacon
Miles
Biyombo

for the remainder of the season
UPDATED 2-18-2024

These are my top five for who I want with pick #1 in order

BuB Carrington
Ryan Dunn
Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#44 » by Diop » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:59 am

UNCNYC wrote:I think we should let everyone go and take what we can get as far as draft picks. If we decide to keep the current roster I would much rather us invest the time in starting

Kemba
Lamb
Bacon
Miles
Biyombo

I know Biz is rather clunky and can slow down the offence occasionally with his robotic moves and awkward passing, but surely he can't hurt the team offence that much.

There are plenty of other options for offence in that lineup. He's the only grown man we have
Eoghan
RealGM
And1: 3,293

Post#45 » by Eoghan » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:05 am

Didn't even watch, had a feeling they'd lose.
UNCNYC
Assistant Coach
And1: 868

Post#46 » by UNCNYC » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:23 am

Diop wrote:
UNCNYC wrote:I think we should let everyone go and take what we can get as far as draft picks. If we decide to keep the current roster I would much rather us invest the time in starting

Kemba
Lamb
Bacon
Miles
Biyombo

I know Biz is rather clunky and can slow down the offence occasionally with his robotic moves and awkward passing, but surely he can't hurt the team offence that much.

There are plenty of other options for offence in that lineup. He's the only grown man we have

I wanted to put Zeller in there but I felt that would take the fun out of it. I wouldn't mind seeing Bacon given a chance after spending so much time in the D league.
UPDATED 2-18-2024

These are my top five for who I want with pick #1 in order

BuB Carrington
Ryan Dunn
Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,621

Post#47 » by fatlever » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:40 am

75 pts in a game we were desperately trying to win? for **** sake, just stop trying to win already. its embarrassing. so disappointed in bridges this season.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#48 » by Diop » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:38 am

fatlever wrote:75 pts in a game we were desperately trying to win? for **** sake, just stop trying to win already. its embarrassing. so disappointed in bridges this season.

I must admit I haven't watched as much as I'd like this year, but are we putting him in places to score or just going for the occasional alley oop and 3?
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#49 » by BigSlam » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:51 pm

Diop wrote:
fatlever wrote:75 pts in a game we were desperately trying to win? for **** sake, just stop trying to win already. its embarrassing. so disappointed in bridges this season.

I must admit I haven't watched as much as I'd like this year, but are we putting him in places to score or just going for the occasional alley oop and 3?

He plays the first 4 mins of the game and then gets pulled the first whistle after the 8min mark. It's like clockwork.

He doesn't get many chances - but based on some of his shot selection I'm not sure we should risk giving him too many more looks.

When he lets it come to him he flashes awesome potential, but when he forces the issue (which he does more often than not) it's a train wreak.
B B M F 'ers
W_HAMILTON
RealGM
And1: 16,992

Post#50 » by W_HAMILTON » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:15 pm

fatlever wrote:75 pts in a game we were desperately trying to win? for **** sake, just stop trying to win already.

I don't think they're trying to win -- that's the problem.

Kemba has looked sort of checked out for awhile. Batum never checked in. I'm still not sure why Bridges is even starting, but he has seemed to accomplish less as a starter than when he was coming off the bench. Marvin tries, but he's just incapable at this point. Biz tries and you can see that he actually makes good plays on defense most of the time, but that's not going to take us very far.

Lamb and Parker seemed to be the only ones that actually gave a damn yesterday.

Borrego's lineups still make no sense to me. There's no reason we can't dislodge Batum and Marvin from the starting lineup after they've played like they have this season, especially when literally almost every other single player has had their minutes/roles completely screwed around with just about every week.
Howard Mass wrote:You do not have the right to not be offended. Just because something is offensive to you does not mean that it breaks the board rules.
Splitta
Sophomore
And1: 174

Post#51 » by Splitta » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:19 pm

W_HAMILTON wrote:
fatlever wrote:75 pts in a game we were desperately trying to win? for **** sake, just stop trying to win already.

I don't think they're trying to win -- that's the problem.

Kemba has looked sort of checked out for awhile. Batum never checked in. I'm still not sure why Bridges is even starting, but he has seemed to accomplish less as a starter than when he was coming off the bench. Marvin tries, but he's just incapable at this point. Biz tries and you can see that he actually makes good plays on defense most of the time, but that's not going to take us very far.

Lamb and Parker seemed to be the only ones that actually gave a damn yesterday.

Borrego's lineups still make no sense to me. There's no reason we can't dislodge Batum and Marvin from the starting lineup after they've played like they have this season, especially when literally almost every other single player has had their minutes/roles completely screwed around with just about every week.

It does seem like Kemba, Batum, and Marv are the only ones that have not seen their playing time impacted, which does not make any sense, since Batum and Marv have been bad for most of the season.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#52 » by Diop » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:35 pm

Marv's been pretty consistent and done about as well as I hoped.

He's an overpaid role player, but he played his role this year
Hornetsfan24
Freshman
And1: 19

Post#53 » by Hornetsfan24 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:10 am

Just a bad basketball team with an inexperienced clueless coach. I really thought this team was good enough for a playoff spot, even at the allstar break. Since the break they have been terrible. Next year going to be even worse.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#54 » by Diop » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:14 am

BigSlam wrote:
Diop wrote:

He plays the first 4 mins of the game and then gets pulled the first whistle after the 8min mark. It's like clockwork.

He doesn't get many chances - but based on some of his shot selection I'm not sure we should risk giving him too many more looks.

When he lets it come to him he flashes awesome potential, but when he forces the issue (which he does more often than not) it's a train wreak.

thanks slam, hopefully he can find a way to get comfortable out there

Return to Charlotte Hornets