ImageImage

2019 Offseason Thread

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Re: 2019 Offseason Thread 

Post#61 » by LofJ » Mon May 13, 2019 12:53 pm

If the team lands the 4th pick would you trade it for Beal?
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,053

Post#62 » by Liver_Pooty » Mon May 13, 2019 1:35 pm

LofJ wrote:If the team lands the 4th pick would you trade it for Beal?

Absolutely. I think that would make us Portland-lite
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
LofJ
RealGM

Post#63 » by LofJ » Mon May 13, 2019 1:44 pm

Liver_Pooty wrote:

I would too, if the goal is to keep Kemba you pretty much have to trade that pick for the best player you can get.
Snidely FC
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,141

Post#64 » by Snidely FC » Mon May 13, 2019 4:08 pm

LofJ wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:

I would too, if the goal is to keep Kemba you pretty much have to trade that pick for the best player you can get.

i think i would

WAS would have to absorb salary coming back, right? So we could unload $25 Mil worth of bum's row?

also, Beal is still just 25
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,163

Post#65 » by JMAC3 » Mon May 13, 2019 5:16 pm

JMAC3 wrote:Boston roster is really cloudy heading into next season.

Kyrie, Horford both have player options. Kyrie will opt out and either leave or sign a Superman. Horford has an option for 30 million so I assume he doesn’t leave that on table.

Marcus Morris is a free agent after making 5 mil, doubt Celtics will be able to keep him.

Rozier is a free agent and most likely gone.

Hayward has three years left at 33 million per.

Baynes has a player option after making 5 million, he also might be gone.

Marcus smart got overpaid at 4/52.

Tatum and Brown are in trade rumors for Davis.

Have picks 14,18, and 22.

So many ways they could go, but I could see them trading Hayward for frontcourt depth and veteran depth.

Anthony Davis trade could be wild.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Wonder if they would be interested in a Zeller+Marvin Swap for Hayward.

They are most likely losing Morris and Baynes. So Zeller and Marv are replacement players that add to their depth and cut ties with Hayward who hasn’t found his rhythm. Saves them money in long run too.

Hornets could go big

Kemba-Hayward- Batum- Bridges- Biz

That team seems decent defensively. Then once Biz expires try to find a cheap roll man.

Bring MKG off the bench for Biz and you can switch everything 2-5.

Draft NAW and make it 1-5.

Full rotation
Kemba- Alexander Walker
Hayward- Monk
Batum-Bacon
Bridges- MkG
Biz- Frank

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,238

Post#66 » by amcoolio » Mon May 13, 2019 5:43 pm

I don't want any part of Batum, MKG, or Zeller on the roster next year and I think the front office/coaching staff agrees.

Trade them for worse contracts for all I care as long as it brings in new blood and lights a fire
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#67 » by JMAC3 » Mon May 13, 2019 5:45 pm

amcoolio wrote:I don't want any part of Batum, MKG, or Zeller on the roster next year and I think the front office/coaching staff agrees.

Trade them for worse contracts for all I care as long as it brings in new blood and lights a fire

I don’t agree with this at all.

Big Board
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#68 » by JMAC3 » Mon May 13, 2019 7:58 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
amcoolio wrote:I don't want any part of Batum, MKG, or Zeller on the roster next year and I think the front office/coaching staff agrees.

Mostly just because it’s not realistic. Batum contract is so bad we will probably take something worse back. Same for MKG- he will be expiring, I don’t really want to take back more years and end up with another

Hawes/Hibbert for plumlee... plumlee for Dwight... Dwight for Mozgov... mozgov for Biz.... just let Biz expire.

Same can be said for MKG, Marv and Zeller potentially. Unless the player we get back can actually be a big upgrade. Taking back longer contracts for no upgrade is the issue we have had.

Big Board
stinger14
Starter
And1: 768

Post#69 » by stinger14 » Mon May 13, 2019 8:24 pm

JMAC3 wrote:

Bringing in Heyward is pretty much agreeing with what he said.
amcoolio

Post#70 » by amcoolio » Mon May 13, 2019 9:28 pm

Hayward, Love, hell even Wiggins at this point. Just get those 3 and Biz off the roster. Marvin at least can play 10-15 minutes. The others can't play a single minute in the NBA right now unless they put in a lot of work in the offseason
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,122

Post#71 » by JDR720 » Mon May 13, 2019 10:02 pm

I'd take a swing on Hayward, should be cheap to get and if its potentially high upside.
amcoolio

Post#72 » by amcoolio » Mon May 13, 2019 11:30 pm

Jeremy Lamb was present at team workouts today with MKG, Zeller, Marvin, Bridges, Graham, Bacon, and Macura
_tijo_
Hornets Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 335

Post#73 » by _tijo_ » Mon May 13, 2019 11:59 pm

Are we trading for the 4th pick? Because it's literally impossible for us to get it in the lottery.
Who I woulda took:
2022: Duren | 2021: Bouknight, Jones | 2020: Ball | 2019: PJ | 2018: Porter Jr | 2017: Monk | 2016: Damian Jones | 2015: Winslow | 2014: Vonleh, Napier | 2013: McLemore | 2012: MKG | 2011: Knight, Kawhi
LofJ
RealGM

Post#74 » by LofJ » Tue May 14, 2019 12:25 am

_tijo_ wrote:

Are we trading for the 4th pick? Because it's literally impossible for us to get it in the lottery.

Not anymore, starting this year the lottery is for the top 4 picks from here on out.
_tijo_
Hornets Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 335

Post#75 » by _tijo_ » Tue May 14, 2019 12:30 am

LofJ wrote:
_tijo_ wrote:

Not anymore, starting this year the lottery is for the top 4 picks from here on out.

Did not know, my apologies LofJ.

To answer your question... yes, if it helps us keep Kemba. If Kemba is out, then no.
Who I woulda took:
2022: Duren | 2021: Bouknight, Jones | 2020: Ball | 2019: PJ | 2018: Porter Jr | 2017: Monk | 2016: Damian Jones | 2015: Winslow | 2014: Vonleh, Napier | 2013: McLemore | 2012: MKG | 2011: Knight, Kawhi
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,653

Post#76 » by yosemiteben » Wed May 15, 2019 5:17 pm

Najee12
Pro Prospect
And1: 878

Gordon Hayward 

Post#77 » by Najee12 » Mon May 20, 2019 2:00 am

JDR720 wrote:I'd take a swing on Hayward, should be cheap to get and if its potentially high upside.

Boston is not trading Gordon Hayward, for whom Celtics coach Brad Stevens has a blind spot (he was Stevens' former star player at Butler and was the main reason Stevens got an NBA coaching job) and Danny Ainge grossly overpaid as a free agent. That is the reason Hayward is the one name that never comes up in these speculative trade rumors involving the Celtics and Anthony Davis.
Kevin Johnson isn't "Michael Jordan" famous ... he's "Mitch Richmond" famous
Najee12
Pro Prospect
And1: 878

Trading Sh*tty Nicky 

Post#78 » by Najee12 » Mon May 20, 2019 2:14 am

JMAC3 wrote:Mostly just because it’s not realistic. Batum contract is so bad we will probably take something worse back. Same for MKG- he will be expiring, I don’t really want to take back more years and end up with another (bad contract).

It depends on what you offer and want in return. If Charlotte offered Nicolas Batum and the No. 12 pick to a team such as Phoenix -- way under the salary cap, no veteran presence and an overload of young wing players -- it would make sense. The Suns may be ready to move on from Josh Jackson, who has been a disappointment so far and also plays the same position as young Suns wing players Mikal Bridges, Kelly Oubre and T.J. Warren.

For that matter, Warren may be an option as a tradable asset (he signed a four-year deal, $50 million deal that ends in 2021-22). If Phoenix decides Warren is not in their long-range plans, it may make sense to trade him for Batum (similar money but two fewer years on his contract).
Kevin Johnson isn't "Michael Jordan" famous ... he's "Mitch Richmond" famous
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,653

Re: Gordon Hayward 

Post#79 » by yosemiteben » Mon May 20, 2019 3:05 am

Najee12 wrote:That is the reason Hayward is the one name that never comes up in these speculative trade rumors involving the Celtics and Anthony Davis.

Nah, the reason is he's been awful since getting injured, and at his salary he sucks too much value out of an AD deal.
darmani
Starter
And1: 2,731

Re: Trading Sh*tty Nicky 

Post#80 » by darmani » Mon May 20, 2019 9:24 am

Najee12 wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:Mostly just because it’s not realistic. Batum contract is so bad we will probably take something worse back. Same for MKG- he will be expiring, I don’t really want to take back more years and end up with another (bad contract).

It depends on what you offer and want in return. If Charlotte offered Nicolas Batum and the No. 12 pick to a team such as Phoenix -- way under the salary cap, no veteran presence and an overload of young wing players -- it would make sense. The Suns may be ready to move on from Josh Jackson, who has been a disappointment so far and also plays the same position as young Suns wing players Mikal Bridges, Kelly Oubre and T.J. Warren.

For that matter, Warren may be an option as a tradable asset (he signed a four-year deal, $50 million deal that ends in 2021-22). If Phoenix decides Warren is not in their long-range plans, it may make sense to trade him for Batum (similar money but two fewer years on his contract).

This whole post is absurd.

Warren is much younger and twice the player Batum is and has 3yr/$35m remaining on his contract as opposed to 2yr/$53m for Batum. Trading Warren for Batum makes absolutely no sense for Phoenix.

The Suns have only $10m of cap space with a lot of holes on the roster, especially starting PG and SG. We are not gonna waste it all (and more) on an unplayable guy like Batum. We are done acquiring garbage vets like Batum. James Jones made that very clear.

“The reason a lot of these players are available is because their teams don’t think they fit long-term. Your teams think those guys are declining in value and so they’ll try to push them upon you and if you’re desperate and they know that’s something that you need they’re hopeful that they can trick you into setting yourself up for short-term success but long-term failure.”

We’re focused on adding veterans, just not the veterans that are at that declining point.

“For the most part, our team is all under 22, so if you try to add someone that’s 33-34 years old, it usually just doesn’t work. There’s too big of a gap.”

“Especially when you factor in the speed and the pace of the game has increased. The elite players, there’s very few of those guys between the age of 32 to 35 that maintain a high level and take a jump.”
"Can’t talk basketball with everybody" - Devin Booker

Return to Charlotte Hornets