2019 summer league

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,621

Re: 2019 summer league 

Post#241 » by fatlever » Tue Jul 9, 2019 4:04 pm

Fun. Weight sharing time. I was recently diagnosed with Celiac among other things. Probably something that's going on my whole life and I didn't realize it until the symptoms or too obvious. Anyway as way to cut inflammation I started the autoimmune protocol Elimination Diet. Which basically means you eat absolutely nothing except lean meat certain fruits and certain vegetables. After a while you can slowly start to reintroduce foods to see if your body has a reaction to them. I started this diet in February weighing 155. And now I'm down to 130. It's impossible to keep weight on for me on this diet. I have since added back rice potatoes bananas almond butter and cashews. Still, no sugar, no gluten obviously, no dairy or soy, no Peppers, no cooking oils other than olive avocado or coconut, no other grains such as quinoa or couscous no tomatoes no pork or other processed Meats. It's pretty much impossible to eat out.

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,621

Post#242 » by fatlever » Tue Jul 9, 2019 4:08 pm

Pretty excited that Arnold actually looks like a legit NBA player. He has a beautiful jump shot. Love that high arch. Super quick release. Long on defense.

Best case scenario would be for him to stay in Europe for another season on a team that'll actually give him minutes and a league that actually has good competition. That way he can continue to develop but not on our dime. If we bring him over now he'll spend the whole season with Greensboro, which is fine except his rookie contract counter starts.

Speaking of Greensboro, JP has been a real disappointment. I thought he'd look better.

UNCNYC
Assistant Coach
And1: 868

Post#243 » by UNCNYC » Tue Jul 9, 2019 4:34 pm

chellis wrote:
UNCNYC wrote:I'm watchig TONY CARR now. He is really a good PG guys. I really wish we had him. I think he is better than Graham and Cody. Funny thing is he might not even be able to make the PELICANS roster. If you look in the box score he always has just like 5 points but if you watch his games he runs the point well. Doesn't force anything and finds players. Also can play uptempo. and is a combo guard

My wife is from the Penn State area and I have since moved here. PSU has since become my second team. I always liked Carr and thought he’d make a terrific addition for a team. I wanted the Hornets to draft him when he came out. He’s a player. In college he controlled the game, scored at will and got his teammates involved. Very passionate for the game, humble, and a nice human being. I do agree that I think he’d be our #2 behind Rozier.

Yeah he is good. He is what I call a MANAGER pg not a CEO pg. He does what's needed to run your team. He can also post up and never really forces anything. He reminds me of a poor mans jeff teague
UPDATED 2-18-2024

These are my top five for who I want with pick #1 in order

BuB Carrington
Ryan Dunn
Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman
UNCNYC
Assistant Coach

Post#244 » by UNCNYC » Tue Jul 9, 2019 4:40 pm

fatlever wrote:Fun. Weight sharing time. I was recently diagnosed with Celiac among other things. Probably something that's going on my whole life and I didn't realize it until the symptoms or too obvious. Anyway as way to cut inflammation I started the autoimmune protocol Elimination Diet. Which basically means you eat absolutely nothing except lean meat certain fruits and certain vegetables. After a while you can slowly start to reintroduce foods to see if your body has a reaction to them. I started this diet in February weighing 155. And now I'm down to 130. It's impossible to keep weight on for me on this diet. I have since added back rice potatoes bananas almond butter and cashews. Still, no sugar, no gluten obviously, no dairy or soy, no Peppers, no cooking oils other than olive avocado or coconut, no other grains such as quinoa or couscous no tomatoes no pork or other processed Meats. It's pretty much impossible to eat out.

Oh ok great man sorry to hear about the diagnosis but happy that you are committed to change. This is my second go around with losing weight. The first was about 15 years ago when I lost 75 lbs. That one was basically a water and walking diet.

I got your image wrong (due to your username) but sounds like you are doing well. Keep it up man. I would send you a thumbs up emoji but they don't offer one so I will just bang my head until they do lol :banghead:
UPDATED 2-18-2024

BuB Carrington
Ryan Dunn
Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman
UNCNYC
Assistant Coach

Post#245 » by UNCNYC » Tue Jul 9, 2019 4:43 pm

I want to personally thank those who offered their congrats on my weight loss. I definitely appreciate it. Not easy but neither was losing kemba lol. So you just gotta keep on truckin.
UPDATED 2-18-2024

BuB Carrington
Ryan Dunn
Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman
UNCNYC
Assistant Coach

Post#246 » by UNCNYC » Tue Jul 9, 2019 5:08 pm

fatlever wrote:Yeah NAW looks like the real deal. UNC NYC definitely made the right call on him. I guess one out of 50 ain't bad. Haha.

And based on the way Hayes looked last night, Bonnell will never shut up about how we almost had him.

Pelicans knocked it out of the park with their offseason. Makes me sick to my stomach.

LOL
UPDATED 2-18-2024

BuB Carrington
Ryan Dunn
Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#247 » by BigSlam » Tue Jul 9, 2019 6:00 pm

fatlever wrote:Pelicans knocked it out of the park with their offseason. Makes me sick to my stomach.[/url]

I'm starting to wonder how they are going to find PT for all their young guys. They are all worthy of burn - and there are SO many of them.

Nickeil Alexander-Walker
Lonzo Ball
Cheick Diallo
Derrick Favors
Josh Hart
Jaxson Hayes
Jrue Holiday
Brandon Ingram
Zion Williamson
Christian Wood

It's an embarrassment of riches - and they are only going to get richer in the future with the haul they got from the Lakers in the Davis trade.
B B M F 'ers
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,168

Post#248 » by Rich4114 » Tue Jul 9, 2019 6:04 pm

BigSlam wrote:
fatlever wrote:Pelicans knocked it out of the park with their offseason. Makes me sick to my stomach.[/url]

I'm starting to wonder how they are going to find PT for all their young guys. They are all worthy of burn - and there are SO many of them.

Nickeil Alexander-Walker
Lonzo Ball
Cheick Diallo
Derrick Favors
Josh Hart
Jaxson Hayes
Jrue Holiday
Brandon Ingram
Zion Williamson
Christian Wood

It's an embarrassment of riches - and they are only going to get richer in the future with the haul they got from the Lakers in the Davis trade.

I like how you included Christian Wood, lol.

They actually need to be careful because I've never seen a team just have nothing but 1-3 year players. It could actually mess up the development of several of them without veteran leadership. Jrue Holiday is obviously the leader on that team, but they could use some solid vets to help usher the young guys along. Someone like Marvin Williams would go a long way for them beyond what he does on the court, for example.
UNCNYC
Assistant Coach

Post#249 » by UNCNYC » Tue Jul 9, 2019 6:20 pm

These are highlights of Josh Reaves game last night. He is kinda a "boring" player. But I like that about him.... and think he would be GREAT as a 6th man. He just does the job and is such a spark. Nothing fancy and plays with so much passion. I wonder if the Mavs would not sign him if we could. He reminds me of Josh hart but a richer version of him.

UPDATED 2-18-2024

BuB Carrington
Ryan Dunn
Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,163

Post#250 » by JMAC3 » Tue Jul 9, 2019 8:45 pm

My guy from last year draft Lonnie Walker looks like the man in Summer League right now.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Post#251 » by LofJ » Tue Jul 9, 2019 8:51 pm

Rich4114 wrote:
BigSlam wrote:

Nickeil Alexander-Walker
Lonzo Ball
Cheick Diallo
Derrick Favors
Josh Hart
Jaxson Hayes
Jrue Holiday
Brandon Ingram
Zion Williamson
Christian Wood

I like how you included Christian Wood, lol.

They actually need to be careful because I've never seen a team just have nothing but 1-3 year players. It could actually mess up the development of several of them without veteran leadership. Jrue Holiday is obviously the leader on that team, but they could use some solid vets to help usher the young guys along. Someone like Marvin Williams would go a long way for them beyond what he does on the court, for example.

Lonzo Ball has no place on that team, the Pelicans need to trade him asap.
catch20two
RealGM
And1: 4,666

Post#252 » by catch20two » Tue Jul 9, 2019 11:07 pm

A smart team would’ve drafted Anfernee Simons knowing Kemba’s free agency was looming. I mentioned it several times last year during the draft process. I would have a good outlook on this team if they knew how to draft and acquire pure talent.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
UNCNYC
Assistant Coach

Post#253 » by UNCNYC » Tue Jul 9, 2019 11:40 pm

Well if YuTa doesn't play thats ok because I will just watch

ESPN2 - 8:00 PM - NUGGETS VS CELTICS - Tyler Cook

Hopefully Tyler starts or gets lots of playing time tonight.
UPDATED 2-18-2024

BuB Carrington
Ryan Dunn
Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman
UNCNYC
Assistant Coach

Post#254 » by UNCNYC » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:17 am

Tyler COok is going head to head against Taco Fall lol. NUGGETS VS CELTICS ESPN2
UPDATED 2-18-2024

BuB Carrington
Ryan Dunn
Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,168

Post#255 » by Rich4114 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:06 am

catch20two wrote:A smart team would’ve drafted Anfernee Simons knowing Kemba’s free agency was looming. I mentioned it several times last year during the draft process. I would have a good outlook on this team if they knew how to draft and acquire pure talent.

Or just kept SGA last year at the draft. When we first made that pick, I thought “Kemba insurance”. Then we traded him and I really like Bridges so it seemed ok. But if we thought there was a decent chance we didn’t end up keeping Kemba, or knew we wouldn’t offer him the regular max - then what the actual hell?
catch20two
RealGM
And1: 4,666

Post#256 » by catch20two » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:38 am

Rich4114 wrote:
catch20two wrote:A smart team would’ve drafted Anfernee Simons knowing Kemba’s free agency was looming. I mentioned it several times last year during the draft process. I would have a good outlook on this team if they knew how to draft and acquire pure talent.

Or just kept SGA last year at the draft. When we first made that pick, I thought “Kemba insurance”. Then we traded him and I really like Bridges so it seemed ok. But if we thought there was a decent chance we didn’t end up keeping Kemba, or knew we wouldn’t offer him the regular max - then what the actual hell?

That too because SGA was tall enough to play alongside Kemba. I still dislike the Miles Bridges pick and don’t expect him to amount into anything more than a role player if he don’t bust out the league in 3-5 more years.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
UNCNYC
Assistant Coach

Post#257 » by UNCNYC » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:54 am

catch20two wrote:
Rich4114 wrote:

That too because SGA was tall enough to play alongside Kemba. I still dislike the Miles Bridges pick and don’t expect him to amount into anything more than a role player if he don’t bust out the league in 3-5 more years.

They were dissing us during one of the summer league games today saying that they were scraching their heads wondering how Charlotte allowed that to happen. We could have gotten a good return on kemba. a minimum of 2 first round picks.
UPDATED 2-18-2024

BuB Carrington
Ryan Dunn
Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman
UNCNYC
Assistant Coach

Post#258 » by UNCNYC » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:11 am

The clippers are going to be so good. Kapengele and Terrence Mann are gonna put them over the top. My sleeper team will be New Orleans
UPDATED 2-18-2024

BuB Carrington
Ryan Dunn
Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman
UNCNYC
Assistant Coach

Post#259 » by UNCNYC » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:21 am

7/10 GAMES

ESPN2

7:30 PM - PELICANS VS CAVS - TONY CARR, NAW, ZYLAN CHEATHAM

-----
ESPNU

3:30 PM - MAVS VS CROATIA - JOSH REAVES

5:30 PM - MAGIC VS NETS - BJ Taylor

-----
NBA TV

3:00 PM - 6IXERS VS PISTONS - ZHAIRRE SMITH

5:00 PM - HORNETS VS BULLS - JALEN MCDANIELS, COBY WHITE

9:00 PM - SUNS VS SPURS - LUKA SAMANIC, KENNY WILLIAMS, JALEN LECQUE
UPDATED 2-18-2024

BuB Carrington
Ryan Dunn
Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#260 » by BigSlam » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:10 pm

It's only been a couple of games, but Bruno Fernando - a guy I was high on - has looked pretty ordinary.
B B M F 'ers

Return to Charlotte Hornets