ImageImage

2019 summer league

Moderators: fatlever, JDR720, BigSlam, yosemiteben, Diop

UNCNYC
Starter
Posts: 2,142
And1: 333
Joined: Jun 09, 2014
       

Re: 2019 summer league 

Post#281 » by UNCNYC » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:01 pm

BJ Taylor FINALLY gets some minutes in his first game and I missed them. 4 in total lol.
UPDATED - 7/3/2019 MY GM RESULTS

NAW / BJ Taylor / Will. McD. White
Zhairre / Reaves
Bacon / Obeisie / Pinson
YuTa / Frank / Cheatham
Cook / Biz

DY_nasty
Head Coach
Posts: 6,083
And1: 2,110
Joined: Apr 14, 2010

Re: 2019 summer league 

Post#282 » by DY_nasty » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:03 pm

guys like bacon and miles are good enough to be completely disinterested by summer league. idgaf about us losing tbh.... i just can't stand the fact that we're not even taking this opportunity to put out some better prospects/call ups from g-league or overseas. even with 10 fouls to give, these bigs are painfully inactive on both ends
UNCNYC
Starter
Posts: 2,142
And1: 333
Joined: Jun 09, 2014
       

Re: 2019 summer league 

Post#283 » by UNCNYC » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:13 pm

DY_nasty wrote:guys like bacon and miles are good enough to be completely disinterested by summer league. idgaf about us losing tbh.... i just can't stand the fact that we're not even taking this opportunity to put out some better prospects/call ups from g-league or overseas. even with 10 fouls to give, these bigs are painfully inactive on both ends


I couldn't agree more. We put so much into winning G league and Summer league. McDaniels and white should be out there starting just about every game especially when miles and bacon are your starters. You don't see guys like SGA or SHAMET there.
UPDATED - 7/3/2019 MY GM RESULTS

NAW / BJ Taylor / Will. McD. White
Zhairre / Reaves
Bacon / Obeisie / Pinson
YuTa / Frank / Cheatham
Cook / Biz

UNCNYC
Starter
Posts: 2,142
And1: 333
Joined: Jun 09, 2014
       

Re: 2019 summer league 

Post#284 » by UNCNYC » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:22 pm

ESPN2

7:30 - PELICANS VS CAVS - NAW, TONY CARR, ZYLAN CHEATHAM
UPDATED - 7/3/2019 MY GM RESULTS

NAW / BJ Taylor / Will. McD. White
Zhairre / Reaves
Bacon / Obeisie / Pinson
YuTa / Frank / Cheatham
Cook / Biz

Bassman
Analyst
Posts: 3,704
And1: 616
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
Location: Sunny SW Florida; NC born & bred
       

Re: 2019 summer league 

Post#285 » by Bassman » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:12 am

Sorry UNCNYC, but I just gotta say that McDaniels sucks. I get that you look at the back marker prospects, and illogically rate them WAY higher than any scout or average fan does...that’s your right. But seriously, McDaniels was a wasted pick by this team. He doesn’t have a body that can add muscle weight to fill out his frame. He brings nearly nothing to the table. Today he played 10 minutes and had zero rebounds. Also feels like we made an iffy pick on Cody Martin but he has more promise to eventually be a back end rotation player, so I’m prepared to be patient with him.
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
User avatar
MasterIchiro
RealGM
Posts: 13,342
And1: 3,045
Joined: Jan 18, 2013
Location: Intertubes
       

Re: 2019 summer league 

Post#286 » by MasterIchiro » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:27 am

I was not a huge fan of the Cody Martin pick. I haven't watched summer league but I don't like what I'm hearing about what people are seeing. He was pick 36. Damn
It has been written...

Image
UNCNYC
Starter
Posts: 2,142
And1: 333
Joined: Jun 09, 2014
       

Re: 2019 summer league 

Post#287 » by UNCNYC » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:59 am

Bassman wrote:Sorry UNCNYC, but I just gotta say that McDaniels sucks. I get that you look at the back marker prospects, and illogically rate them WAY higher than any scout or average fan does...that’s your right. But seriously, McDaniels was a wasted pick by this team. He doesn’t have a body that can add muscle weight to fill out his frame. He brings nearly nothing to the table. Today he played 10 minutes and had zero rebounds. Also feels like we made an iffy pick on Cody Martin but he has more promise to eventually be a back end rotation player, so I’m prepared to be patient with him.


I agree he has played awful in these games. I have actually kinda stated that. Even earlier today I put something along the lines of (McDaniels has a long way to go.) He does. I change my outlook on him in that I no longer see someone who can become a game changer... but I do still see someone that can become a decent role player. He will add muscle, and he will improve, just not THAAT much. I would not call him a wasted pick at #52 lol. Only players that we passed on imo are Tyler Cook, Josh Reaves, Zylan Cheatham, BJ Taylor and those are Maybes. He was a good investment for a #52 and I think he will live up to a little more than that
UPDATED - 7/3/2019 MY GM RESULTS

NAW / BJ Taylor / Will. McD. White
Zhairre / Reaves
Bacon / Obeisie / Pinson
YuTa / Frank / Cheatham
Cook / Biz

UNCNYC
Starter
Posts: 2,142
And1: 333
Joined: Jun 09, 2014
       

Re: 2019 summer league 

Post#288 » by UNCNYC » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:08 am

I want NAW and CARR but with my luck I will get them when their careers are passed their prime and someone see's them and goes "DOG look at that ragedy old CARR, awe hell NAW" lmao
UPDATED - 7/3/2019 MY GM RESULTS

NAW / BJ Taylor / Will. McD. White
Zhairre / Reaves
Bacon / Obeisie / Pinson
YuTa / Frank / Cheatham
Cook / Biz

UNCNYC
Starter
Posts: 2,142
And1: 333
Joined: Jun 09, 2014
       

Re: 2019 summer league 

Post#289 » by UNCNYC » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:53 am

Welp I have 1 last game to watch tonight and thats

11:30 - ESPNU - NUGGETS VS WARRIORS - Tyler Cook, Jordan Poole

Two guys who I really like (one who I drafted as your bootleg GM haha)
UPDATED - 7/3/2019 MY GM RESULTS

NAW / BJ Taylor / Will. McD. White
Zhairre / Reaves
Bacon / Obeisie / Pinson
YuTa / Frank / Cheatham
Cook / Biz

Great
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,405
And1: 50
Joined: May 28, 2007

Re: 2019 summer league 

Post#290 » by Great » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:01 am

What I like least about summer league is players trying to be the guy. Doing too much.

Play team ball. Show you know how to play the game.
Let the opportunity to show out happen.

Set screens off the ball. Relocate after the pass.
It’s like players are resisting learning from the non shooting things the Warriors do well.
euphorbus
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,803
And1: 422
Joined: Sep 28, 2015
 

Re: 2019 summer league 

Post#291 » by euphorbus » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:11 am

Great wrote:What I like least about summer league is players trying to be the guy. Doing too much.

Play team ball. Show you know how to play the game.
Let the opportunity to show out happen.


Is it too much to ask that professional basketball players know how to dribble? Perhaps the Hornets can hire Kenny Anderson as a coach.
UNCNYC
Starter
Posts: 2,142
And1: 333
Joined: Jun 09, 2014
       

Re: 2019 summer league 

Post#292 » by UNCNYC » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:30 pm

There is only 1 game on today that is MUST WATCH for me

ESPN2

10:30 PM - CELTICS VS GRIZZLIES - YuTa HORNETabe, Brandon Clarke
UPDATED - 7/3/2019 MY GM RESULTS

NAW / BJ Taylor / Will. McD. White
Zhairre / Reaves
Bacon / Obeisie / Pinson
YuTa / Frank / Cheatham
Cook / Biz

User avatar
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 44,649
And1: 2,410
Joined: Jul 01, 2005

Re: 2019 summer league 

Post#293 » by BigSlam » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:14 pm

I recorded the Hornets Vs Bulls game. Haven't watched it yet, was going to watch it tonight.

Is it worth my time?
BBMF'ers
UNCNYC
Starter
Posts: 2,142
And1: 333
Joined: Jun 09, 2014
       

Re: 2019 summer league 

Post#294 » by UNCNYC » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:29 pm

BigSlam wrote:I recorded the Hornets Vs Bulls game. Haven't watched it yet, was going to watch it tonight.

Is it worth my time?


Not really, cody stepped up. McDaniels still looks like hes on the side of the road hitchiking. Bacon and Miles BELONGED in the summer league. Kabolksa needs to remain a summer leaguer, Cody is batum 2.0 (the old version) which aint bad. Isaiah hicks is the new Alonzo Mourning except instead of Mourning its mid-day-ish. and Meeks was a bit bleek lol.
UPDATED - 7/3/2019 MY GM RESULTS

NAW / BJ Taylor / Will. McD. White
Zhairre / Reaves
Bacon / Obeisie / Pinson
YuTa / Frank / Cheatham
Cook / Biz

gundysmullet
Rookie
Posts: 1,187
And1: 644
Joined: May 20, 2019

Re: 2019 summer league 

Post#295 » by gundysmullet » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:56 pm

UNCNYC wrote:
Bassman wrote:Sorry UNCNYC, but I just gotta say that McDaniels sucks. I get that you look at the back marker prospects, and illogically rate them WAY higher than any scout or average fan does...that’s your right. But seriously, McDaniels was a wasted pick by this team. He doesn’t have a body that can add muscle weight to fill out his frame. He brings nearly nothing to the table. Today he played 10 minutes and had zero rebounds. Also feels like we made an iffy pick on Cody Martin but he has more promise to eventually be a back end rotation player, so I’m prepared to be patient with him.


I agree he has played awful in these games. I have actually kinda stated that. Even earlier today I put something along the lines of (McDaniels has a long way to go.) He does. I change my outlook on him in that I no longer see someone who can become a game changer... but I do still see someone that can become a decent role player. He will add muscle, and he will improve, just not THAAT much. I would not call him a wasted pick at #52 lol. Only players that we passed on imo are Tyler Cook, Josh Reaves, Zylan Cheatham, BJ Taylor and those are Maybes. He was a good investment for a #52 and I think he will live up to a little more than that

It’s OK to admit that you were wrong sometimes. There is freedom in that actually. I’ve been married for 16 years, I wake up wrong
LofJ
General Manager
Posts: 8,687
And1: 5,967
Joined: Mar 29, 2014
   

Re: 2019 summer league 

Post#296 » by LofJ » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:07 pm

gundysmullet wrote:
UNCNYC wrote:
Bassman wrote:Sorry UNCNYC, but I just gotta say that McDaniels sucks. I get that you look at the back marker prospects, and illogically rate them WAY higher than any scout or average fan does...that’s your right. But seriously, McDaniels was a wasted pick by this team. He doesn’t have a body that can add muscle weight to fill out his frame. He brings nearly nothing to the table. Today he played 10 minutes and had zero rebounds. Also feels like we made an iffy pick on Cody Martin but he has more promise to eventually be a back end rotation player, so I’m prepared to be patient with him.


I agree he has played awful in these games. I have actually kinda stated that. Even earlier today I put something along the lines of (McDaniels has a long way to go.) He does. I change my outlook on him in that I no longer see someone who can become a game changer... but I do still see someone that can become a decent role player. He will add muscle, and he will improve, just not THAAT much. I would not call him a wasted pick at #52 lol. Only players that we passed on imo are Tyler Cook, Josh Reaves, Zylan Cheatham, BJ Taylor and those are Maybes. He was a good investment for a #52 and I think he will live up to a little more than that

It’s OK to admit that you were wrong sometimes. There is freedom in that actually. I’ve been married for 16 years, I wake up wrong


:lol:

Been married for half that, but I know the feeling.
Image
25centsandwich
Sophomore
Posts: 189
And1: 62
Joined: May 23, 2007

Re: 2019 summer league 

Post#297 » by 25centsandwich » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:34 pm

Didn't catch the Bulls game. How was Cody?

My issue with him at Nevada and what I've seen from him in the SL is that he overdribbles and stops the ball way too much. Any improvement?
Great
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,405
And1: 50
Joined: May 28, 2007

Re: 2019 summer league 

Post#298 » by Great » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:57 pm

What I like about Martin and McDaniels is that their issues are coachable.

Physically they have the tools.
UNCNYC
Starter
Posts: 2,142
And1: 333
Joined: Jun 09, 2014
       

Re: 2019 summer league 

Post#299 » by UNCNYC » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:21 pm

Its waaaay to early to start draft searching for next year but if it were the 2020 draft as of right now I would select killian hayes

UPDATED - 7/3/2019 MY GM RESULTS

NAW / BJ Taylor / Will. McD. White
Zhairre / Reaves
Bacon / Obeisie / Pinson
YuTa / Frank / Cheatham
Cook / Biz

User avatar
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
Posts: 51,142
And1: 8,054
Joined: Jun 04, 2001
Location: Terrapin Station
     

Re: 2019 summer league 

Post#300 » by fatlever » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:44 pm

do-over? having not seen PJ in LV, would you take Herro over PJ? NAW?

Return to Charlotte Hornets