ImageImage

Scarence Terrence: The Terry Rozier Thread

Moderators: BigSlam, JDR720, fatlever, yosemiteben, Diop

BobsBuddy
Bench Warmer
And1: 91

Re: Scarence Terrence: The Terry Rozier Thread 

Post#501 » by BobsBuddy » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:03 pm

Did I miss Something? Has Bacon been Traded?
DY_nasty
General Manager
And1: 3,600

Post#502 » by DY_nasty » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:10 pm

BobsBuddy wrote:Did I miss Something? Has Bacon been Traded?

we let him go. signed in orlando
UNCNYC
Veteran
And1: 499

Post#503 » by UNCNYC » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:17 pm

DY_nasty wrote:
BobsBuddy wrote:Did I miss Something? Has Bacon been Traded?

we let him go. signed in orlando

He signed in Orlando with Karim Mane who could end up being a gem. They will probably opt for Mane over Bacon
UPDATED 12-18-2020

PG - J Butler, J Preston, Caleb Murphy, Nix, JaQuori M, Warley, Sallis
SG - Duke, Ayo, Bouknight, Shackelford, Teague
SF - Camara, Jackson, Colby, Houstan
PF - Garcia, Tubelis, Manek, Baxter, Nganga
C - Sandro M, X Foster, Chet

JMAC3
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,168

Post#505 » by JMAC3 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:01 pm

This dude is so criminally underrated.

Great catch and shoot player, crafty finisher, sneaky athlete (just ask KD) and can create his own shot.

In fact, the more I think about it... the more I think him and Melo are a really good combo. Would love to see more minutes with these two on the floor as the season goes on and also of course see what them starting next to one another looks like and the results it yields.

Before the season everyone assumed Melo was going to be a horrible defender, when in fact most stats say he is actually the best defender on our team making this pairing much more stomachable then initially thought.

Sure would I love to pair LaMelo with a lockdown, knockdown shooter with better size that can also create their own shot? Well yeah, but not sure that is an easily attainable asset right now. Ball, Rozier, Hayward has awesome potential together.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 9,942

Post#506 » by yosemiteben » Yesterday 7:54 pm

I was real annoyed with paying him the money we did when we decided to dump Kemba, just because it felt like salvaging a poor decision by doubling down on it. I will die on the hill of not giving Mitch any credit for preemptively planning a S&T for Terry when Kemba was a UDFA and could have gone anywhere.

With that said, it is ridiculous how much better Terry has played for us than he did for BOS, and it probably is time for me to shed some of my resentment from that deal.

2018-19 stats: 23 mpg, 9 ppg, 38.7% FG (!!!!), 35.3% 3PT on 4.3 attempts, 1.2 FTA @ 78.5%

2020-21 stats: 33 mpg, 20 ppg, 47.8% FG, 44.3% 3PT on 7.6 attempts, 3.1 FTA @ 77.3%

Not sure I believe his shooting percentage this season is sustainable, but he had a significant step up last season from that 2018-19 season, so maybe he still had room to improve.

I trust his defense and motor, and he seems to be a great team player. My only issue with him really is that he can get tunnel vision, but I guess with those shooting percentages that's a good thing.
KEMBAtheMETEOR
RealGM
And1: 7,982

Post#507 » by KEMBAtheMETEOR » Yesterday 7:57 pm

yosemiteben wrote:I was real annoyed with paying him the money we did when we decided to dump Kemba, just because it felt like salvaging a poor decision by doubling down on it. I will die on the hill of not giving Mitch any credit for preemptively planning a S&T for Terry when Kemba was a UDFA and could have gone anywhere.

With that said, it is ridiculous how much better Terry has played for us than he did for BOS, and it probably is time for me to shed some of my resentment from that deal.

2018-19 stats: 23 mpg, 9 ppg, 38.7% FG (!!!!), 35.3% 3PT on 4.3 attempts, 1.2 FTA @ 78.5%

2020-21 stats: 33 mpg, 20 ppg, 47.8% FG, 44.3% 3PT on 7.6 attempts, 3.1 FTA @ 77.3%

Not sure I believe his shooting percentage this season is sustainable, but he had a significant step up last season from that 2018-19 season, so maybe he still had room to improve.

I trust his defense and motor, and he seems to be a great team player. My only issue with him really is that he can get tunnel vision, but I guess with those shooting percentages that's a good thing.

He's really taken off this year being off the ball pretty much all the time. He's now in a role where he barely has to think at all, and it suits him well. I know that sounds like a backhanded compliment, but we're no longer asking a guy with a wing skillset to play like a PG, and it's great for him.
LofJ
General Manager
And1: 7,139

Post#508 » by LofJ » Yesterday 8:20 pm

Rozier was born to play off a wing playmaker. He'd be just as good, if not better, playing with Lebron, Simmons, Doncic, Giannis, etc. A team would have to offer us a real asset for me to be interested in trading him.

Return to Charlotte Hornets