ImageImage

Free Agent Targets

Moderators: fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam, JDR720, Diop

JMAC3
Veteran
Posts: 2,980
And1: 564
Joined: May 22, 2010
     

Free Agent Targets 

Post#1 » by JMAC3 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 6:02 am

With the Hornets landing Rozier, who else are you wanting to sign?

We are 12 million or so below the tax line.

These are possible ways we bring people in:

MLE- 9.7 mi
Trade Exception from Dwight
Trade exception from Kemba deal?
Bi annual exception

Current roster
Rozier- Graham
Bacon-Monk
Bridges- Batum- MkG
PJ- Marv- McDaniels
Zeller- Biz- Willy

A few names

Seth Curry
Kevon Looney
Kelly oubre
Nerlens
Stanley Johnson

Looney might be nice because he is young and Biz and Willy suck. Zeller will probably get hurt.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Image
MugzZo
Pro Prospect
Posts: 927
And1: 412
Joined: Mar 21, 2017

Re: Free Agent Targets 

Post#2 » by MugzZo » Mon Jul 1, 2019 6:10 am

WCS
User avatar
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 30,466
And1: 11,624
Joined: Jul 24, 2004
Location: House of Diop
 

Re: Free Agent Targets 

Post#3 » by Diop » Mon Jul 1, 2019 6:13 am

MugzZo wrote:WCS

I'd love to give him a shot, solid young centre.
Image
User avatar
TheKingofSting
RealGM
Posts: 17,808
And1: 2,153
Joined: Jun 24, 2011
       

Re: Free Agent Targets 

Post#4 » by TheKingofSting » Mon Jul 1, 2019 6:13 am

Seth Curry is rumored to go to the Lakers and I also strongly doubt a Curry ever plays for the Hornets again as I feel Dell has strongly advised them against it!
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
User avatar
TheKingofSting
RealGM
Posts: 17,808
And1: 2,153
Joined: Jun 24, 2011
       

Re: Free Agent Targets 

Post#5 » by TheKingofSting » Mon Jul 1, 2019 6:19 am

Read on Twitter
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
JMAC3
Veteran
Posts: 2,980
And1: 564
Joined: May 22, 2010
     

Re: Free Agent Targets 

Post#6 » by JMAC3 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 6:23 am

Looney is working out with Rico Hines again. He is the next pascal, we should try to lock him for a 3/21


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Image
MugzZo
Pro Prospect
Posts: 927
And1: 412
Joined: Mar 21, 2017

Re: Free Agent Targets 

Post#7 » by MugzZo » Mon Jul 1, 2019 6:29 am

Diop wrote:
MugzZo wrote:WCS

I'd love to give him a shot, solid young centre.
He would be an upgrade at C and would fit the timeline. Hes also a very nice athlete. He could be had for 3 /25 or 3/30. I'm not sure about the rest of our cap after the rozier sign and trade. For the record It was ok at 4/48. I could live with that while thinking when looking at the field if we didnt land Rubio. But the next 12 hours turns into 3/58?!!!!!....I hope hes the player he thinks he is.
Bence
Sophomore
Posts: 191
And1: 27
Joined: Jan 21, 2011
Location: Budapest
     

Re: Free Agent Targets 

Post#8 » by Bence » Mon Jul 1, 2019 7:18 am

Sign me on for WCS. We need potential now, he provides that.
User avatar
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 30,466
And1: 11,624
Joined: Jul 24, 2004
Location: House of Diop
 

Re: Free Agent Targets 

Post#9 » by Diop » Mon Jul 1, 2019 7:24 am

King's have no need for wcs anymore after signing dedmon. I love what they've done
Image
MugzZo
Pro Prospect
Posts: 927
And1: 412
Joined: Mar 21, 2017

Re: Free Agent Targets 

Post#10 » by MugzZo » Mon Jul 1, 2019 7:30 am

On board for WCS as well. He can be had for a decent price and is better than any one of our center's.
User avatar
Radu_Hornets
Rookie
Posts: 1,119
And1: 261
Joined: Dec 24, 2012
Location: Belgium (Europe - Earth - Milky Way Galaxy)
Contact:
 

Re: Free Agent Targets 

Post#11 » by Radu_Hornets » Mon Jul 1, 2019 9:01 am

Go for WCS I’m done with WHG
Image
User avatar
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 30,466
And1: 11,624
Joined: Jul 24, 2004
Location: House of Diop
 

Re: Free Agent Targets 

Post#12 » by Diop » Mon Jul 1, 2019 11:47 am

Call me crazy, but I want to saviour one of our prior mistakes and give Vonleh another go. He's still young, shown improvement and can play centre in todays game.

http://theleadsportsmedia.com/pistons-could-turn-to-vonleh-for-cheap-frontcourt-stability/

Vonleh stands 6’9″ in shoes weighing 250 lbs with a 7’4.25″ wingspan. This past season, Vonleh played 1722 minutes in 68 games and posted the following stats:

8.4 PPG (53% FG, 34% 3PT, 71% FT, 56% TS) | 7.8 RPG | 1.9 APG | 0.7 SPG | 0.8 BPG | 14.8% Usage | 11.1% Assist Rate | 14.7% Turnover Rate

This stat line is impressive considering how terrible the Knicks were last year. From an offensive perspective, he can do a little bit of everything you want out of a modern day big man. He shoots the three, grabs rebounds, and even posted a 35.5% free throw rate this past year. To put that in perspective, that is a better rate than Derrick White, Lauri Markkanen, Gary Harris, Jaren Jackson Jr. and Dennis Smith Jr.— all of whom played between 1500-1800 minutes last year.


Image
User avatar
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 44,555
And1: 2,317
Joined: Jul 01, 2005

Re: Free Agent Targets 

Post#13 » by BigSlam » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:28 pm

Diop wrote:Call me crazy, but I want to saviour one of our prior mistakes and give Vonleh another go. He's still young, shown improvement and can play centre in todays game.

http://theleadsportsmedia.com/pistons-could-turn-to-vonleh-for-cheap-frontcourt-stability/

Vonleh stands 6’9″ in shoes weighing 250 lbs with a 7’4.25″ wingspan. This past season, Vonleh played 1722 minutes in 68 games and posted the following stats:

8.4 PPG (53% FG, 34% 3PT, 71% FT, 56% TS) | 7.8 RPG | 1.9 APG | 0.7 SPG | 0.8 BPG | 14.8% Usage | 11.1% Assist Rate | 14.7% Turnover Rate

This stat line is impressive considering how terrible the Knicks were last year. From an offensive perspective, he can do a little bit of everything you want out of a modern day big man. He shoots the three, grabs rebounds, and even posted a 35.5% free throw rate this past year. To put that in perspective, that is a better rate than Derrick White, Lauri Markkanen, Gary Harris, Jaren Jackson Jr. and Dennis Smith Jr.— all of whom played between 1500-1800 minutes last year.


You're crazy.
BBMF'ers
LurkCobain
Ballboy
Posts: 39
And1: 28
Joined: Mar 06, 2015
   

Re: Free Agent Targets 

Post#14 » by LurkCobain » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:32 pm

A real center. Wcs.
LofJ
General Manager
Posts: 8,515
And1: 5,617
Joined: Mar 29, 2014
   

Re: Free Agent Targets 

Post#15 » by LofJ » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:33 pm

We're at 14 players on the roster if we sign McDaniels, I highly doubt we're going to bring in another player via free agency. If the roster is changed further it's going to be via trade.
Image
User avatar
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 30,466
And1: 11,624
Joined: Jul 24, 2004
Location: House of Diop
 

Re: Free Agent Targets 

Post#16 » by Diop » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:40 pm

BigSlam wrote:
Diop wrote:Call me crazy, but I want to saviour one of our prior mistakes and give Vonleh another go. He's still young, shown improvement and can play centre in todays game.

http://theleadsportsmedia.com/pistons-could-turn-to-vonleh-for-cheap-frontcourt-stability/

Vonleh stands 6’9″ in shoes weighing 250 lbs with a 7’4.25″ wingspan. This past season, Vonleh played 1722 minutes in 68 games and posted the following stats:

8.4 PPG (53% FG, 34% 3PT, 71% FT, 56% TS) | 7.8 RPG | 1.9 APG | 0.7 SPG | 0.8 BPG | 14.8% Usage | 11.1% Assist Rate | 14.7% Turnover Rate

This stat line is impressive considering how terrible the Knicks were last year. From an offensive perspective, he can do a little bit of everything you want out of a modern day big man. He shoots the three, grabs rebounds, and even posted a 35.5% free throw rate this past year. To put that in perspective, that is a better rate than Derrick White, Lauri Markkanen, Gary Harris, Jaren Jackson Jr. and Dennis Smith Jr.— all of whom played between 1500-1800 minutes last year.


You're crazy.

he showed better defence in that video than our bigs could last year and he could back up the 4/5.
I want to dump all of our old guys for youth.
Image
User avatar
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 44,555
And1: 2,317
Joined: Jul 01, 2005

Re: Free Agent Targets 

Post#17 » by BigSlam » Mon Jul 1, 2019 4:00 pm

Why do some posters want WCS? I mean, is he really that much better than what we already have in Cody?

They are only a year apart in age, so that's pretty much a wash, and statistically they are pretty much the same player, so no major difference there either:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.fcgi?request=1&sum=1&player_id1_hint=Willie+Cauley-Stein&player_id1_select=Willie+Cauley-Stein&player_id1=caulewi01&idx=players&player_id2_hint=Cody+Zeller&player_id2_select=Cody+Zeller&player_id2=zelleco01&idx=players#stats-per_game::none

What would be the incentive to bring in WCS?
BBMF'ers
Vanderbilt_Grad
Analyst
Posts: 3,454
And1: 1,234
Joined: Sep 22, 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Free Agent Targets 

Post#18 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Mon Jul 1, 2019 4:05 pm

Cody can't play a full season, Biz can't handle perimeter guys, and Willy isn't good.
Hope is free.
Rich4114
Head Coach
Posts: 6,832
And1: 637
Joined: Mar 11, 2004
Location: PA
   

Re: Free Agent Targets 

Post#19 » by Rich4114 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 4:11 pm

Only free agent signings we should make are for young, developmental guys we could add to our pile to see who works out and who doesn't in terms of their development. We need as many cracks at development players and draft picks as we can get.
User avatar
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 30,466
And1: 11,624
Joined: Jul 24, 2004
Location: House of Diop
 

Re: Free Agent Targets 

Post#20 » by Diop » Mon Jul 1, 2019 4:13 pm

I'd definitely prefer WCS rebounding for my team.
Image

Return to Charlotte Hornets