Free Agent Targets

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,523

Re: Free Agent Targets 

Post#41 » by Bassman » Tue Jul 2, 2019 10:55 pm

WCS agrees to sign with the Warriors.

I wonder what Mitch is thinking we will do with our space? Nothing? Any trades?
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
316Hornets
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,731

Post#42 » by 316Hornets » Tue Jul 2, 2019 11:20 pm

Rich4114 wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:Anybody left worth signing?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Apparently Cousins is likely going to have to accept the MLE and I saw a tweet earlier that mentioned Charlotte as a possibility. We have an opening and he needs a chance to redeem himself. Would immediately be our best player, even if he’s not his former self anymore.

Not saying we should do this, but it’s something that could happen. Would’ve loved that move had we kept Kemba.

I could see Cousins coming here, but I think the team will probably just sit on what we have at center(Biz,Zeller,Willy).

What if we brought back Lance?
The Charlotte Hornets will win their first round series against the Boston Celtics in the 2021 Playoffs
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,832

Post#43 » by Diop » Tue Jul 2, 2019 11:54 pm

Rich4114 wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:Anybody left worth signing?

Apparently Cousins is likely going to have to accept the MLE and I saw a tweet earlier that mentioned Charlotte as a possibility. We have an opening and he needs a chance to redeem himself. Would immediately be our best player, even if he’s not his former self anymore.

Not saying we should do this, but it’s something that could happen. Would’ve loved that move had we kept Kemba.

would Rozier and Cousins end up fist fighting? I guess that would be entertaining, otherwise it sounds like a terrible treadmill move.
-Ian-
Analyst
And1: 849

Post#44 » by -Ian- » Wed Jul 3, 2019 3:17 am

Am I the only one who thinks we should sign Vince Carter? He wants to play one last season before hanging up his sneakers. I think he'll be a good mentor for our wings (Miles and Bake) and he gets to finish his career in North Carolina.
seanboy81
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#45 » by seanboy81 » Wed Jul 3, 2019 7:13 am

-Ian- wrote:Am I the only one who thinks we should sign Vince Carter? He wants to play one last season before hanging up his sneakers. I think he'll be a good mentor for our wings (Miles and Bake) and he gets to finish his career in North Carolina.

Hi .. I've been reading on this plattform forever, but have never posted anything...

I love VC, but I think he doesn't fit the rebuilding part at all... but who knows what the FO ist cooking nowadays..

BTW, am I the only one who gets the feeling that nobody wants to sign here?! I see all these FA moves and nothing is happening in CHA!

Greets from Germany ;)
Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,523

Post#46 » by Bassman » Wed Jul 3, 2019 9:51 am

Yes, this thread may Become the countdown clock to...nothing. Each day that passes, the list of free agent signings grows. That tells me either we can’t sign anyone until the trade with Kemba is finalized on the 6th, or we won’t sign anyone of substance period. There again, the Hornets aren’t a destination desired by most players. I still hope for a trade of Batum :sleep2: ...
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
bravor
Starter
And1: 737

Post#47 » by bravor » Wed Jul 3, 2019 10:31 am

The earliest you can hope for a Batum trade will be after the game in Paris in January 2020. Kinda wondering if it's one of the reason why Hornets signed Rozier on such a contract (with or without some pressure from the league in order to be relevant against the Bucks).
Can't wait till Leonard's drama is over, things should accelerate for all teams after this.
316Hornets
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,731

Post#48 » by 316Hornets » Wed Jul 3, 2019 10:51 am

Have to evaluate the Summer league guys too. I'm fine with being patient. I don't think anyone we can add is going to be a game changer.
The Charlotte Hornets will win their first round series against the Boston Celtics in the 2021 Playoffs
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,832

Post#49 » by Diop » Wed Jul 3, 2019 10:54 am

seanboy81 wrote:
-Ian- wrote:Am I the only one who thinks we should sign Vince Carter? He wants to play one last season before hanging up his sneakers. I think he'll be a good mentor for our wings (Miles and Bake) and he gets to finish his career in North Carolina.

Hi .. I've been reading on this plattform forever, but have never posted anything...

I love VC, but I think he doesn't fit the rebuilding part at all... but who knows what the FO ist cooking nowadays..

BTW, am I the only one who gets the feeling that nobody wants to sign here?! I see all these FA moves and nothing is happening in CHA!

Greets from Germany ;)

welcome aboard sean
chellis
Senior
And1: 130

Post#50 » by chellis » Wed Jul 3, 2019 11:09 am

seanboy81 wrote:

Greets from Germany ;)

Part of a rebuild is putting quality (people, not necessarily players at this stage) vets around the youngins to help them learn what it means to be a professional. You don’t have to load the team up with them but having a few is important. I wouldn’t lose sight of that.

Plus, Seeing someone who has 20 years on your team makes you wonder what he did in order to last that long.
MPM
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,707

Post#51 » by MPM » Wed Jul 3, 2019 3:10 pm

Quinn Cook, UFA. Can we afford him, do we need him, do we want him?
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,168

Post#52 » by Rich4114 » Wed Jul 3, 2019 3:19 pm

MPM wrote:Quinn Cook, UFA. Can we afford him, do we need him, do we want him?

I think he signed with Philly
MPM
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,707

Post#53 » by MPM » Wed Jul 3, 2019 3:49 pm

Jeez, that was fast. GSW just rescinded his QO. Where'd you see the Philly news?
Robot Rock
Starter
And1: 939

Post#54 » by Robot Rock » Wed Jul 3, 2019 5:36 pm

Quinn Cook played for Duke. Ain't comin' here.
Robot Rock
Starter
And1: 939

Post#55 » by Robot Rock » Wed Jul 3, 2019 5:36 pm

MJ and Mitch scour the FA list every year and cross off everybody who played for Duke.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,649

Post#56 » by yosemiteben » Wed Jul 3, 2019 6:18 pm

Robot Rock wrote:MJ and Mitch scour the FA list every year and cross off everybody who played for Duke.

Please stop doing this over and over when it's demonstrably untrue.

BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#57 » by BigSlam » Wed Jul 3, 2019 6:29 pm

yosemiteben wrote:
Robot Rock wrote:MJ and Mitch scour the FA list every year and cross off everybody who played for Duke.

B B M F 'ers
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,162

Post#58 » by JMAC3 » Wed Jul 3, 2019 6:33 pm

BigSlam wrote:
yosemiteben wrote:

Hahaha that was so fast... get destroyed Robot Rock

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,162

Post#59 » by JMAC3 » Wed Jul 3, 2019 6:36 pm

Seems lazy and cheap to not use either our MLE or trade exception.

Especially if we can take on a bad deal for an asset with our trade exception.

Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,168

Post#60 » by Rich4114 » Wed Jul 3, 2019 6:44 pm

It's not a bad thing for us to stand pat and work with what we've got. The point of signing free agents is to complete your roster to try and compete for a playoff spot or more. If we are admitting a rebuild by letting Kemba go, only free agents that make sense to sign are up and comers who still have time to develop. I suppose that's how they view Rozier.

Return to Charlotte Hornets