ImageImage

2020 Draft Discussion

Moderators: fatlever, JDR720, BigSlam, yosemiteben, Diop

LofJ
General Manager
Posts: 8,693
And1: 5,971
Joined: Mar 29, 2014
   

Re: 2020 Draft Discussion 

Post#81 » by LofJ » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:15 am

You don't see guards as strong and skilled with the ball as Edwards is very often.

His free throw shooting percentages concern me, but they aren't Lonzo Ball or Fultz level bad. If he can show improvement in his shooting and he plays smart 2-way basketball under Crean this year I'll be sold.
Image
User avatar
316Hornets
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,179
And1: 2,132
Joined: Jun 26, 2015
Location: Milky Way
   

Re: 2020 Draft Discussion 

Post#82 » by 316Hornets » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:04 am

MasterIchiro wrote:Will you guys be mad with pick 15?


I'm guessing you're asking would I be mad if we kept Kemba. And, I'd be annoyed because the ultimate goal of a franchise is to win a championship. Treadmill teams have to get extremely lucky by hitting a guy like Kawhi or Giannis to do that. I'd much rather take a few elite prospects and go from there. Obviously, didn't work out too well for us last time, but I'd rather crash and burn until we get it right than accept mediocrity.
Rich4114
Head Coach
Posts: 6,910
And1: 737
Joined: Mar 11, 2004
Location: PA
   

Re: 2020 Draft Discussion 

Post#83 » by Rich4114 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:57 pm

Any chance we get to land future first round picks this year, we better take. Even if it’s way in the future. We are more likely to get a 2021 or 22 pick for someone like Marvin, Zeller or maybe even MKG. I’d be ecstatic if we were able to do that because you never know who is going to suck in 2-3 years.
User avatar
KEMBAtheMETEOR
RealGM
Posts: 36,292
And1: 6,345
Joined: Feb 05, 2012

Re: 2020 Draft Discussion 

Post#84 » by KEMBAtheMETEOR » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:32 am

so who's available at pick #30?
formerly BizGilwalker
UNCNYC
Starter
Posts: 2,148
And1: 334
Joined: Jun 09, 2014
       

Re: 2020 Draft Discussion 

Post#85 » by UNCNYC » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:50 pm

Hey guys whats up... This is my latest depth chart. I am still pretty much set at the top
but there are some sleepers in this draft. Very deep and thats before the year begins. If these
stay good of course some others will be good as well.

PG -
Arturs Zagars
Cole Anthony
Kira Lewis Jr.
Cassius Winston
Rocket Watts - Just added

SG -
Killian Hayes
Tom Digbeu
Josh Green
LaMelo Ball
Ty-Shon Alexander
AJ Reaves
John Petty

SF -
Mario Nakic
James Bouknight
Aaron Wiggins
Deni Avdija - Just added
Quincy Guerrier - Just added
Malcolm Cazalon
Georgios Kalaitzakis
C.J. Elleby
Emmitt Matthews Jr.
Chris Ledlum

PF -
Precious Achiuwa
Jeremiah Robinson-Earl
Amar Sylla
Kai Jones
Jordan Nwora
Filip Petrusev
Jericho Sims

C -
Will Baker
Neemias Queta
Ikey Obiagu
Charles Bassey
Derek Culver - Just added
Kerry Blackshear Jr.
UPDATED - 7/3/2019 MY GM RESULTS

NAW / BJ Taylor / Will. McD. White
Zhairre / Reaves
Bacon / Obeisie / Pinson
YuTa / Frank / Cheatham
Cook / Biz

hotrod
Veteran
Posts: 2,516
And1: 145
Joined: Oct 01, 2003
Location: Charlotte, NC
     

Re: 2020 Draft Discussion 

Post#86 » by hotrod » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:41 am

UNCNYC wrote:Hey guys whats up... This is my latest depth chart. I am still pretty much set at the top
but there are some sleepers in this draft. Very deep and thats before the year begins. If these
stay good of course some others will be good as well.

PG -
Arturs Zagars
Cole Anthony
Kira Lewis Jr.
Cassius Winston
Rocket Watts - Just added

SG -
Killian Hayes
Tom Digbeu
Josh Green
LaMelo Ball
Ty-Shon Alexander
AJ Reaves
John Petty

SF -
Mario Nakic
James Bouknight
Aaron Wiggins
Deni Avdija - Just added
Quincy Guerrier - Just added
Malcolm Cazalon
Georgios Kalaitzakis
C.J. Elleby
Emmitt Matthews Jr.
Chris Ledlum

PF -
Precious Achiuwa
Jeremiah Robinson-Earl
Amar Sylla
Kai Jones
Jordan Nwora
Filip Petrusev
Jericho Sims

C -
Will Baker
Neemias Queta
Ikey Obiagu
Charles Bassey
Derek Culver - Just added
Kerry Blackshear Jr.


OMG! So the two highest rated players in the 2020 draft don't even make your list?! Wiseman and Edwards are better than anyone on that list.
User avatar
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 30,633
And1: 11,792
Joined: Jul 24, 2004
Location: House of Diop
 

Re: 2020 Draft Discussion 

Post#87 » by Diop » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:56 am

aren't people used to UNCNYC's lists yet? they are always unusual.
Image
UNCNYC
Starter
Posts: 2,148
And1: 334
Joined: Jun 09, 2014
       

Re: 2020 Draft Discussion 

Post#88 » by UNCNYC » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:05 am

[/quote]

OMG! So the two highest rated players in the 2020 draft don't even make your list?! Wiseman and Edwards are better than anyone on that list.[/quote]

I think choosing wiseman is a mistake or could be. NBA is more a guard/perimiter league now and I think he is not a SURE THING. I would rather draft a big later on.
UPDATED - 7/3/2019 MY GM RESULTS

NAW / BJ Taylor / Will. McD. White
Zhairre / Reaves
Bacon / Obeisie / Pinson
YuTa / Frank / Cheatham
Cook / Biz

MugzZo
Pro Prospect
Posts: 990
And1: 427
Joined: Mar 21, 2017

Re: 2020 Draft Discussion 

Post#89 » by MugzZo » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:37 am

Would honestly be happy with Anthony, Edward, and Melo.
LofJ
General Manager
Posts: 8,693
And1: 5,971
Joined: Mar 29, 2014
   

Re: 2020 Draft Discussion 

Post#90 » by LofJ » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:14 pm

I hope Mitch can find a trade partner that will swap Marvin and the Cavs pick for a 1st round pick in the late teens to mid 20s. That way if we aren't in a position to take Wiseman or we aren't in love with him we can take the best of who's available and also grab a big later in the first.

Charles Bassey, Isaiah Mobley, Kai Jones, Vernon Carey, and Armando Bacot are all guys we should be scouting heavily. A lot of them will likely stay in school another year, but we should scout them anyway just in case.
Image
User avatar
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
Posts: 11,273
And1: 3,200
Joined: Jun 14, 2004
Location: Servant to lord Bargnani
   

Re: 2020 Draft Discussion 

Post#91 » by amcoolio » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:56 pm

We need a SG and a C. Which is great because the top two prospects are SG and C.

I'm hoping we can get another late lottery pick/pick in the teens. There have been some nice players drafted recently in that range. Bam Adebayo would be amazing here. F the Heat for constantly hitting on their picks.
Image
LofJ
General Manager
Posts: 8,693
And1: 5,971
Joined: Mar 29, 2014
   

Re: 2020 Draft Discussion 

Post#92 » by LofJ » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:02 pm

amcoolio wrote:We need a SG and a C. Which is great because the top two prospects are SG and C.

I'm hoping we can get another late lottery pick/pick in the teens. There have been some nice players drafted recently in that range. Bam Adebayo would be amazing here. F the Heat for constantly hitting on their picks.


I really hope the team will end up with Wiseman or Edwards, but the lottery has hated Charlotte ever since the original team left town. New Orleans put a voodoo curse on this franchise.
Image
User avatar
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
Posts: 33,857
And1: 9,652
Joined: Dec 29, 2008
Location: Asheville, NC
   

Re: 2020 Draft Discussion 

Post#93 » by Liver_Pooty » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:32 pm

Insert Edwards beside Bridges and PJ and the future is set in stone.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
LofJ
General Manager
Posts: 8,693
And1: 5,971
Joined: Mar 29, 2014
   

Re: 2020 Draft Discussion 

Post#94 » by LofJ » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:25 pm

Liver_Pooty wrote:Insert Edwards beside Bridges and PJ and the future is set in stone.


This fanbase deserves a young star player. MJ needs to do whatever is needed to remove the NOLA voodoo curse on us.
Image
Chapelchilla
Junior
Posts: 464
And1: 183
Joined: Aug 04, 2014
         

Re: 2020 Draft Discussion 

Post#95 » by Chapelchilla » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:33 pm

LofJ wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:Insert Edwards beside Bridges and PJ and the future is set in stone.


This fanbase deserves a young star player. MJ needs to do whatever is needed to remove the NOLA voodoo curse on us.


I.E. call in all his favors so Stern/Silver/Nike steer a top pick our way for once....
Hornet Mania
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,027
And1: 3,088
Joined: Jul 05, 2014
Location: Dornbirn, Austria
     

Re: 2020 Draft Discussion 

Post#96 » by Hornet Mania » Fri Nov 1, 2019 12:05 am

Chapelchilla wrote:
LofJ wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:Insert Edwards beside Bridges and PJ and the future is set in stone.


This fanbase deserves a young star player. MJ needs to do whatever is needed to remove the NOLA voodoo curse on us.


I.E. call in all his favors so Stern/Silver/Nike steer a top pick our way for once....


If I tune my tinfoil hat just right I get a strong suspicion Zion's shoe exploding in the UNC/Duke game was a warning shot from MJ. Nice future face of the league you got there...be a shame if something were to happen to him.

Silver didn't listen, and now look what happened. MJ hired some random goon to knock his knees and finish the job, OPEN YOUR EYES SHEEPLE.

Make the right choice commish, don't put anymore kids at risk.
hotrod
Veteran
Posts: 2,516
And1: 145
Joined: Oct 01, 2003
Location: Charlotte, NC
     

Re: 2020 Draft Discussion 

Post#97 » by hotrod » Sat Nov 2, 2019 4:41 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Wow! Is his dad a factor in when he gets picked? It has to be. Probably not the deciding factor, but for sure a consideration.
User avatar
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 30,633
And1: 11,792
Joined: Jul 24, 2004
Location: House of Diop
 

Re: 2020 Draft Discussion 

Post#98 » by Diop » Sun Nov 3, 2019 1:51 am

hotrod wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Wow! Is his dad a factor in when he gets picked? It has to be. Probably not the deciding factor, but for sure a consideration.

His shooting still needs work but he has a great feel for the game
Image
hotrod
Veteran
Posts: 2,516
And1: 145
Joined: Oct 01, 2003
Location: Charlotte, NC
     

Re: 2020 Draft Discussion 

Post#99 » by hotrod » Mon Nov 4, 2019 6:19 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
hotrod
Veteran
Posts: 2,516
And1: 145
Joined: Oct 01, 2003
Location: Charlotte, NC
     

Re: 2020 Draft Discussion 

Post#100 » by hotrod » Mon Nov 4, 2019 6:24 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Return to Charlotte Hornets