ImageImage

Around the NBA 11

Moderators: fatlever, yosemiteben, Diop, BigSlam, JDR720

Braggins
RealGM
And1: 6,029

Re: Around the NBA 11 

Post#661 » by Braggins » Wed Apr 7, 2021 9:42 am

I would be totally fine with the front office deciding that there is no point in investing anything in a player like Mclemore this season because all these injuries have effectively removed any chance of this team winning a playoff series this year.

The Hornets have absolutely zero chance of beating any of the top 3 teams in the East, so the only way they have a chance at winning a series is if they finish top 5 in the standings and signing Mclemore and Dedmon isn't going to keep this team in contention for a top 5 seed. If they worked out really well that could maybe mean finishing 8th/9th instead of 10th, but that still means they are in the play-in tournament fighting for a 7th/8th seed and destined to lose in the first round and they should be getting everyone back for the play-in tournament anyways, so anyone they could sign from the scrap heap at this point is likely going to end up being a complete non-factor.

Just let the guys who might be here long term use this as a chance to step up and prove themselves in bigger roles and if the team bottoms out and falls out of the play-in tournament then that just means they have a shot in the draft lottery, which is probably the best possible outcome for this season besides actually winning a playoff series.
Chapelchilla
Senior
And1: 387

Post#662 » by Chapelchilla » Wed Apr 7, 2021 4:26 pm

luciano-davidwesley wrote:Unfortunately most modern players would rather wave towels and ring chase than actually get a chance to prove themselves on the court.

That is part of it perhaps but also getting several rounds of playoff bonus money could be a factor for the iffy guys with no long term contract.
predators
Senior
And1: 287

Post#663 » by predators » Fri Apr 9, 2021 2:10 pm

CuseMayne wrote:John Henson gets a 10-day contract with the Knicks...he's clearly an upgrade over Biz...

Justin Jackson waived by the Thunder. He doesn't excite me much but he'd be a decent stopgap/depth piece and is definitely better than the Martins...?

Marcus Paige, Joel Berry, and Luke Maye are also available! Maybe try to package PJ Washington/Monk/Miles for Harry Giles/Marvin Bagley or Jalil Okafor
Chapelchilla
Senior
And1: 387

Post#664 » by Chapelchilla » Fri Apr 9, 2021 7:08 pm

predators wrote:
CuseMayne wrote:John Henson gets a 10-day contract with the Knicks...he's clearly an upgrade over Biz...

Justin Jackson waived by the Thunder. He doesn't excite me much but he'd be a decent stopgap/depth piece and is definitely better than the Martins...?

Marcus Paige, Joel Berry, and Luke Maye are also available! Maybe try to package PJ Washington/Monk/Miles for Harry Giles/Marvin Bagley or Jalil Okafor

Seems a bit lopsided there Bro!
Henson and Jackson were free agents to fill areas of need
CuseMayne
Senior
And1: 535

Post#665 » by CuseMayne » Fri Apr 9, 2021 7:25 pm

Chapelchilla wrote:
predators wrote:

Seems a bit lopsided there Bro!
Henson and Jackson were free agents to fill areas of need

I wasn't even considering what college they came out of. There are clear upgrades from Caleb Martin or Bismack Biyombo in the buyout market. We're 4th in the East right now with half of our offensive output injured. Hell even bring Troy Daniels back. I guess you'd rather just see us trot out Wanamaker/Martin/Martin/Miles/Biz and see how many points we score :roll:

Return to Charlotte Hornets