ImageImage

Around the NBA 11

Moderators: BigSlam, JDR720, fatlever, yosemiteben, Diop

Braggins
RealGM
Posts: 10,084
And1: 4,441
Joined: Jan 05, 2014

Re: Around the NBA 11 

Post#241 » by Braggins » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:26 pm

Kemba has a real shot at a title this year if he can get healthy. The Celtics certainly aren't the favorite, but they have a chance.

Tatum has taken a pretty big leap and the only team in the East that exploits their lack of size (Philly) is imploding.

I'm still expecting LA vs Milwaukee finals, but Boston probably has the 2nd best odds of winning the East.
User avatar
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 44,866
And1: 2,616
Joined: Jul 01, 2005

Re: Around the NBA 11 

Post#242 » by BigSlam » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:00 pm

Braggins wrote:Kemba has a real shot at a title this year if he can get healthy. The Celtics certainly aren't the favorite, but they have a chance.

Tatum has taken a pretty big leap and the only team in the East that exploits their lack of size (Philly) is imploding.

I'm still expecting LA vs Milwaukee finals, but Boston probably has the 2nd best odds of winning the East.

You don't post here much any more? Seems like you left when Walker did?
BBMF'ers
Braggins
RealGM
Posts: 10,084
And1: 4,441
Joined: Jan 05, 2014

Re: Around the NBA 11 

Post#243 » by Braggins » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:29 pm

BigSlam wrote:
Braggins wrote:Kemba has a real shot at a title this year if he can get healthy. The Celtics certainly aren't the favorite, but they have a chance.

Tatum has taken a pretty big leap and the only team in the East that exploits their lack of size (Philly) is imploding.

I'm still expecting LA vs Milwaukee finals, but Boston probably has the 2nd best odds of winning the East.

You don't post here much any more? Seems like you left when Walker did?

Ive been posting a bit here and there. I still follow the Hornets, but ive been more casual fan in general this season.
User avatar
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 15,589
And1: 7,156
Joined: Mar 20, 2013
   

Re: Around the NBA 11 

Post#244 » by yosemiteben » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:17 pm

Braggins wrote:
BigSlam wrote:
Braggins wrote:Kemba has a real shot at a title this year if he can get healthy. The Celtics certainly aren't the favorite, but they have a chance.

Tatum has taken a pretty big leap and the only team in the East that exploits their lack of size (Philly) is imploding.

I'm still expecting LA vs Milwaukee finals, but Boston probably has the 2nd best odds of winning the East.

You don't post here much any more? Seems like you left when Walker did?

Ive been posting a bit here and there. I still follow the Hornets, but ive been more casual fan in general this season.

Makes two of us
User avatar
KEMBAtheMETEOR
RealGM
Posts: 36,999
And1: 6,730
Joined: Feb 05, 2012
Location: The 704
   

Re: Around the NBA 11 

Post#245 » by KEMBAtheMETEOR » Sat Mar 7, 2020 7:20 pm

I'm a little disappointed that Borrego has done well enough to ensure job security through next season at the minimum, because I really really want to go after Kenny Atkinson. What he's done with Brooklyn is impressive and I think his firing has to do with the vets on the roster (namely Kyrie and DeAndre) rather than his coaching ability.
formerly BizGilwalker
User avatar
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 15,589
And1: 7,156
Joined: Mar 20, 2013
   

Re: Around the NBA 11 

Post#246 » by yosemiteben » Sat Mar 7, 2020 9:41 pm

Holy **** Atkinson got fired? I don't understand that.
User avatar
BlackOutBuzz
Hornets Forum Capologist
Posts: 7,444
And1: 2,551
Joined: Jan 22, 2012
Location: Burlington, NC
       

Re: Around the NBA 11 

Post#247 » by BlackOutBuzz » Sat Mar 7, 2020 10:37 pm

"Mutual parting." So yeah, fired.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Hornets Picks by Year
2020: CHA 1, CLE 2 (SGA), BOS 2 (top 53 protected, Kemba :cry: )
2021: CHA 1, BRK 2 (Howard), LAC 2 (SGA)
2022: CHA 1; CHA 2
2023: CHA 1
Vanderbilt_Grad
Analyst
Posts: 3,535
And1: 1,293
Joined: Sep 22, 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Around the NBA 11 

Post#248 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Sun Mar 8, 2020 1:15 am

Kyrie.
Hope is free.
euphorbus
Starter
Posts: 2,005
And1: 517
Joined: Sep 28, 2015
 

Re: Around the NBA 11 

Post#249 » by euphorbus » Mon Mar 9, 2020 3:45 am

I really dislike players who dictate who is going to coach them. Even if they are superstars, not that I would put Kyrie "Flat Earth" Irving in that class. If they want a new coach, they can do it themselves. Dave DeBusschere did it at age 24.
User avatar
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 31,228
And1: 12,202
Joined: Jul 24, 2004
Location: House of Diop
 

Re: Around the NBA 11 

Post#250 » by Diop » Mon Mar 9, 2020 6:54 am

If Durant doesn’t come back looking great that trade could hurt them. They were a good, young, up n coming team.
Image
Robot Rock
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,368
And1: 554
Joined: Jan 21, 2013
Location: The 704
       

Re: Around the NBA 11 

Post#251 » by Robot Rock » Mon Mar 9, 2020 1:46 pm

Kyrie is one of this generation's most overrated players.
Braggins
RealGM
Posts: 10,084
And1: 4,441
Joined: Jan 05, 2014

Re: Around the NBA 11 

Post#252 » by Braggins » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:47 pm

Anyone else notice that Christian Wood is better than any big on this roster? lol

Return to Charlotte Hornets