ImageImage

Around the NBA 11

Moderators: fatlever, yosemiteben, Diop, BigSlam, JDR720

User avatar
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 47,839
And1: 5,407
Joined: Jul 01, 2005

Re: Around the NBA 11 

Post#601 » by BigSlam » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:07 pm

Vooch to Chicago.

Dodged that bullet.

Wendell Carter Jr a part of the package being sent to Orlando - so I guess that takes him off the table as well.

Bring on Bamba!!
BBMF'ers
User avatar
KEMBAtheMETEOR
RealGM
Posts: 39,144
And1: 8,402
Joined: Feb 05, 2012
Location: The 704
   

Re: Around the NBA 11 

Post#602 » by KEMBAtheMETEOR » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:12 pm

Chicago paid up, kinda glad we didn't pay all that for a 30-year-old Vuc. That's the price i would've paid for Turner who is about 6 years younger
User avatar
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
Posts: 12,696
And1: 4,926
Joined: Jun 14, 2004
Location: Servant to lord Bargnani
   

Re: Around the NBA 11 

Post#603 » by amcoolio » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:16 pm

So glad we didn't pay that package. I think Chicago also tries to move Lauri for a better fit at PF
Image
User avatar
KEMBAtheMETEOR
RealGM
Posts: 39,144
And1: 8,402
Joined: Feb 05, 2012
Location: The 704
   

Re: Around the NBA 11 

Post#604 » by KEMBAtheMETEOR » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:24 pm

amcoolio wrote:So glad we didn't pay that package. I think Chicago also tries to move Lauri for a better fit at PF

what do you guys think about us trading our upcoming 1st for Lauri?
User avatar
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
Posts: 12,696
And1: 4,926
Joined: Jun 14, 2004
Location: Servant to lord Bargnani
   

Re: Around the NBA 11 

Post#605 » by amcoolio » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:28 pm

I wouldn't because he is a UFA. I would swap Monk or Graham for him though, Bulls need a PG.

I love Lauri think he will be much better in our system
Image
User avatar
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 47,839
And1: 5,407
Joined: Jul 01, 2005

Re: Around the NBA 11 

Post#606 » by BigSlam » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:49 pm

Celtics Send Two Second Round Picks To Magic For Evan Fournier.

Also dodged that bullet!!
BBMF'ers
User avatar
BlackOutBuzz
Hornets Forum Capologist
Posts: 7,682
And1: 2,800
Joined: Jan 22, 2012
Location: Burlington, NC
       

Re: Around the NBA 11 

Post#607 » by BlackOutBuzz » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:01 pm

BigSlam wrote:Celtics Send Two Second Round Picks To Magic For Evan Fournier.

Also dodged that bullet!!
Even better...

Fournier will likely be absorbed into the Hayward TPE, meaning the Celtics traded four 2nds and Hayward for Fournier.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Hornets Picks by Year
2021: CHA 1, BRK 2 (Howard), LAC 2 (Gilgeous-Alexander)
2022: CHA 1, CHA 2 (31-55), TOR (55-60, Wanamaker)
2023: CHA 1, BOS 2 (Hayward)
2024: CHA 1, BOS 2 (Hayward)
2025: CHA 1, CHA 2 (31-55)
Chapelchilla
Senior
Posts: 746
And1: 387
Joined: Aug 04, 2014
         

Re: Around the NBA 11 

Post#608 » by Chapelchilla » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:23 pm

BlackOutBuzz wrote:
BigSlam wrote:Celtics Send Two Second Round Picks To Magic For Evan Fournier.

Also dodged that bullet!!
Even better...

Fournier will likely be absorbed into the Hayward TPE, meaning the Celtics traded four 2nds and Hayward for Fournier.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk


LOL, terrible GM'ing by Ainge, could have had Myles Turner and kept all the picks!
Chapelchilla
Senior
Posts: 746
And1: 387
Joined: Aug 04, 2014
         

Re: Around the NBA 11 

Post#609 » by Chapelchilla » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:24 pm

I would trade Monk for Lauri instantly
User avatar
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 17,259
And1: 10,613
Joined: Mar 20, 2013
   

Re: Around the NBA 11 

Post#610 » by yosemiteben » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:28 pm

Call me crazy, but I'd consider a significant trade to get Turner, but Lauri just doesn't do much for me. Our O would be nice, but I don't see how he and PJ mesh and I don't think it's a good idea to plug either in full time at C.
User avatar
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 17,259
And1: 10,613
Joined: Mar 20, 2013
   

Re: Around the NBA 11 

Post#611 » by yosemiteben » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:30 pm

Read on Twitter


not cool bro
Chapelchilla
Senior
Posts: 746
And1: 387
Joined: Aug 04, 2014
         

Re: Around the NBA 11 

Post#612 » by Chapelchilla » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:51 pm

yosemiteben wrote:Call me crazy, but I'd consider a significant trade to get Turner, but Lauri just doesn't do much for me. Our O would be nice, but I don't see how he and PJ mesh and I don't think it's a good idea to plug either in full time at C.


Absolutely true but I don't consider trading Monk for him significant. Turner would cost more I think
User avatar
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 17,259
And1: 10,613
Joined: Mar 20, 2013
   

Re: Around the NBA 11 

Post#613 » by yosemiteben » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:56 pm

Chapelchilla wrote:
yosemiteben wrote:Call me crazy, but I'd consider a significant trade to get Turner, but Lauri just doesn't do much for me. Our O would be nice, but I don't see how he and PJ mesh and I don't think it's a good idea to plug either in full time at C.


Absolutely true but I don't consider trading Monk for him significant. Turner would cost more I think

I was mostly responding to the trade board and the idea that Lauri is available. I wouldn't hate Monk for Lauri.

I would do a much larger deal than most on here would be ok with to get Turner.
Chapelchilla
Senior
Posts: 746
And1: 387
Joined: Aug 04, 2014
         

Re: Around the NBA 11 

Post#614 » by Chapelchilla » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:20 pm

Boston/Ainge vs Charlotte/Kupchak over the last 2 years-
Out - Terry Rozier, Gordon Hayward, 4 second picks, IN- Kemba and Evan Fournier
vs
Out - Kemba and TPE, IN- Hayward, Rozier and 2 seconds
Fleeced them....
User avatar
-Ian-
Veteran
Posts: 2,911
And1: 693
Joined: Nov 22, 2008
Location: Philippines
Contact:
 

Re: Around the NBA 11 

Post#615 » by -Ian- » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:55 pm

I hope Mitch is on the phone and we can join the TOR-LAC talks and try to get Zubac.
User avatar
Snidely FC
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,004
And1: 2,073
Joined: Jan 19, 2011
Location: Asheville, NC
 

Re: Around the NBA 11 

Post#616 » by Snidely FC » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:01 pm

why would you trade rfa Gary Trent Jr for ufa Norman Powell not sure I get that trade for POR but I'm a fan of GTJs game and was hoping we might make an offer this summer guess not
User avatar
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
Posts: 35,037
And1: 11,235
Joined: Dec 29, 2008
Location: Asheville, NC
   

Re: Around the NBA 11 

Post#617 » by Liver_Pooty » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:06 pm

yosemiteben wrote:
Read on Twitter


not cool bro


Just a very strange thing to say to your new fan base
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
User avatar
JDuaneWayne
Senior
Posts: 507
And1: 109
Joined: Mar 16, 2010

Re: Around the NBA 11 

Post#618 » by JDuaneWayne » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:21 pm

Liver_Pooty wrote:
yosemiteben wrote:
Read on Twitter


not cool bro


Just a very strange thing to say to your new fan base


Because of Fournier’s Gangrene but not sure he knows what that means other than the play on words...
CuseMayne
Senior
Posts: 624
And1: 550
Joined: Jun 28, 2017
   

Re: Around the NBA 11 

Post#619 » by CuseMayne » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:35 pm

Rajon Rondo for Lou Williams?

Woah.

Kinda feels like the Hawks won that one...
User avatar
KEMBAtheMETEOR
RealGM
Posts: 39,144
And1: 8,402
Joined: Feb 05, 2012
Location: The 704
   

Re: Around the NBA 11 

Post#620 » by KEMBAtheMETEOR » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:39 pm

CuseMayne wrote:Rajon Rondo for Lou Williams?

Woah.

Kinda feels like the Hawks won that one...

yeah and the Hawks got 2nds lol

Return to Charlotte Hornets