Rookie
And1: 644

Re: People don't talk enough about how awful the Hornets are 

Post#21 » by gundysmullet » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:59 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:
Robot Rock wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:Hahaha, you're too much

Charlotte Population Growth

Charlotte is currently the third fastest-growing major U.S. city. If its population growth continues, Charlotte's population is set to surge by 47% from 2010 to 2030, growing from 1.87 million to about 2.74 million in just twenty years.Jul 9, 2019

If anything, we're getting an MLB team, not subtracting an NBA team.

Some of you are trapped in a world of NASCAR, WWE, toothless fat girls and three legged dogs that limp past your outhouse.

All of the things you just mentioned are about as appealing as the Charlotte Hornets.

I'm sure plenty of Charlottean natives procreate with their first cousins and drink from a garden hose. There's plenty of room for everyone.

Uh, Uncle Cletus reminds you that it's a hose pipe
Robot Rock
Starter
And1: 939

Post#22 » by Robot Rock » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:07 pm

yosemiteben wrote:Let's please talk about basketball and not insult the city of Charlotte or the people that live there.

Gastonia should be fair game though.
Snidely FC
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,141

Post#23 » by Snidely FC » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:07 pm

LofJ wrote:The people bed wetting about the possibility of losing the team need a dose of reality. Charlotte and the market are not the problem, Michael Jordan is.

This is how I feel. I don't see the trajectory of this franchise changing until MJ sells. There is plenty of big money in CHA. Someone needs to make him an offer he can't refuse.
Robot Rock
Starter

Post#24 » by Robot Rock » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:09 pm

LofJ wrote:The people bed wetting about the possibility of losing the team need a dose of reality. Charlotte and the market are not the problem, Michael Jordan is.

Seattle’s market wasn’t the problem either. Look, no one is “bed wetting” about losing the team. It’s that without a Carolinian in charge, which would be the case were Jordan to sell, the chances of the team going bye-bye are far more likely.
Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,522

Post#25 » by Bassman » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:35 am

The Hornets are not leaving Charlotte anytime soon. But the article cited earlier about the level of failure this team has evidenced is spot on. Mistake after mistake, particularly with draft picks and player contracts.
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,103

Post#26 » by JDR720 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:45 am

Snidely FC wrote:

This is how I feel. I don't see the trajectory of this franchise changing until MJ sells. There is plenty of big money in CHA. Someone needs to make him an offer he can't refuse.

I went to Asheville today and drove by that giant flag at the camper dealership.

I offer him that flag + some random pocket change for 51% ownership.

He can put his face on the flag, his ego will love it.
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Post#27 » by LofJ » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:03 am

JDR720 wrote:
Snidely FC wrote:

I went to Asheville today and drove by that giant flag at the camper dealership.

I offer him that flag + some random pocket change for 51% ownership.

He can put his face on the flag, his ego will love it.

I'll pitch in for the flag if you offer me a front office job.
Great
Bench Warmer
And1: 65

Post#28 » by Great » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:02 am

If ever a team in a certain place and a player needed each other it’s:

Charlotte Hornets and Chris Paul.

Yes they signed and traded for Jake Delhomme.
Now they can acquire Dan Marino.

That’s not redundancy. It’s a lie to say it is.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,053

Post#29 » by Liver_Pooty » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:20 am

Robot Rock wrote:
yosemiteben wrote:Let's please talk about basketball and not insult the city of Charlotte or the people that live there.

Lol why are you so angry all the time? Are you okay?
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
Robot Rock
Starter

Post#30 » by Robot Rock » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:43 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:
Robot Rock wrote:

Lol why are you so angry all the time? Are you okay?

:lol: I’m fine. I was just playfully dissing Gastonia.
JDuaneWayne
Senior
And1: 115

Post#31 » by JDuaneWayne » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:11 am

The Siakam part is a little bit of a reach I believe, but when the media makes stuff up to fit their narrative, it’s only natural for Reddit reporters to follow
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,618

Post#32 » by fatlever » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:53 pm

dissing Gastonia is a tradition as old as the city itself

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,618

Post#33 » by fatlever » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:54 pm

JDuaneWayne wrote:The Siakam part is a little bit of a reach I believe, but when the media makes stuff up to fit their narrative, it’s only natural for Reddit reporters to follow
Get out was the first time I'd ever heard anything about us being linked to him. What I vaguely remember from that draft was we liked Beasley but he was gone when we picked.

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
LofJ
RealGM

Post#34 » by LofJ » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:02 pm

Kemba was interviewed by ESPN and he said that he was "heartbroken" that the Hornets didn't make him a better offer.

The city of Charlotte and the Hornets fanbase deserve an explanation from Michael Jordan himself if he expects people to continue to support him financially.
_tijo_
Hornets Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 335

Post#35 » by _tijo_ » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:52 pm

Obviously, those people haven't visited the Hornets RealGM Forum
Who I woulda took:
2022: Duren | 2021: Bouknight, Jones | 2020: Ball | 2019: PJ | 2018: Porter Jr | 2017: Monk | 2016: Damian Jones | 2015: Winslow | 2014: Vonleh, Napier | 2013: McLemore | 2012: MKG | 2011: Knight, Kawhi
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 10,672

Post#36 » by KembaWalker » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:54 pm

LofJ wrote:Kemba was interviewed by ESPN and he said that he was "heartbroken" that the Hornets didn't make him a better offer.

The city of Charlotte and the Hornets fanbase deserve an explanation from Michael Jordan himself if he expects people to continue to support him financially.

Cause Kemba Walker isn't a max level player? What other explanation is needed...

I don't know if we're at the part where people can be objective about Kemba yet or everyone is still super emotional but am I the only one that was getting tired of Kemba being an awful closer? I got pretty tired this season of Kemba throwing away games at the end, failing to even get shots off and crying to the ref. All the close games we lost? The montages of chokes that people were posting all seaso. That was Kemba's job...more than the point scoring. I think MJ understands that more than anyone.

Is this how a 38 million a year player executes when the game is on the line? Eh..
https://streamable.com/p0acm

Again I am not saying Kemba was anything but an amazing player for us and that I appreciate everything he did and his improvements over the years but I don't necessarily disagree with the front office or Kemba that both sides need a new direction.
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,237

Post#37 » by amcoolio » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:09 pm

KembaWalker wrote:
LofJ wrote:Kemba was interviewed by ESPN and he said that he was "heartbroken" that the Hornets didn't make him a better offer.

Cause Kemba Walker isn't a max level player? What other explanation is needed...

I don't know if we're at the part where people can be objective about Kemba yet or everyone is still super emotional but am I the only one that was getting tired of Kemba being an awful closer? I got pretty tired this season of Kemba throwing away games at the end, failing to even get shots off and crying to the ref. All the close games we lost? The montages of chokes that people were posting all seaso. That was Kemba's job...more than the point scoring. I think MJ understands that more than anyone.

Is this how a 38 million a year player executes when the game is on the line? Eh..
https://streamable.com/p0acm

Again I am not saying Kemba was anything but an amazing player for us and that I appreciate everything he did and his improvements over the years but I don't necessarily disagree with the front office or Kemba that both sides need a new direction.

Agree, and I said before free agency started that I am leaning towards wanting Kemba leaving because we aren't going anywhere with him taking up 40% of our cap as well as the bad contracts we have for the next 2 seasons

I wish him well in Boston (although I hate the team) but we made the right choice moving on
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
Splitta
Sophomore
And1: 174

Post#38 » by Splitta » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:51 pm

I was listening to "Mad Dog Radio" while traveling today and they had a poll about what professional team was least likely to win a championship in your lifetime. Guess what the Charlotte Hornets were the runaway leader. The host ridiculed the Hornets for not signing Kemba to the max but did finally acknowledge that they had more bad contracts than anyone. We have become the laughing stock of the league. Probably can't get any worse...lol
LofJ
RealGM

Post#39 » by LofJ » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:22 pm

I'm not upset about losing Kemba, I'm upset that the team lost him for nothing. Why did MJ think that was better than trading him at any point in the last two years?
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 10,672

Post#40 » by KembaWalker » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:03 am

LofJ wrote:I'm not upset about losing Kemba, I'm upset that the team lost him for nothing. Why did MJ think that was better than trading him at any point in the last two years?

I'd rather have Terry Rozier than Collin Sexton

Return to Charlotte Hornets