ImageImage

Jordan sells part of Hornets ownership

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,171

Re: Jordan sells part of Hornets ownership 

Post#21 » by SWedd523 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:46 pm

-Ian- wrote:Let's see how the people here would react when Jordan goes out and the new ownership group decides to move this team elsewhere.

I'l be the one to say it bluntly:

Anyone who thinks the Hornets will be moving is a **** idiot.

So, just stop it.

Don't be an idiot.
hotrod
Veteran
And1: 150

Post#22 » by hotrod » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:41 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,653

Post#23 » by yosemiteben » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:12 pm

Robot Rock wrote:
316Hornets wrote:I haven't ran the numbers, but I doubt very seriously this team will ever move. Charlotte is one of the fastest growing cities in the country and as a sports team, not really competing with much besides the college basketball teams a couple hours away. I know fan support hasn't been spectacular, but it's going to take people a little while to come around to the new branding.

I'm also of the opinion that the Carolina Panthers have driven some fans away with some of the players they currently showcase so for some people, the Hornets are the only show in town.

I've lived in the Charlotte area for eight and a half years. I know literally no one who considers the Hornets the only show in town in terms of pro sports.

Guessing he meant for eyes on basketball teams.

Also like 60-70% of the Hornets season doesn't overlap with the Panthers season (plus recently the Panthers season has been over in November anyway).
Robot Rock
Starter
And1: 939

Post#24 » by Robot Rock » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:31 pm

yosemiteben wrote:
Robot Rock wrote:
316Hornets wrote:I haven't ran the numbers, but I doubt very seriously this team will ever move. Charlotte is one of the fastest growing cities in the country and as a sports team, not really competing with much besides the college basketball teams a couple hours away. I know fan support hasn't been spectacular, but it's going to take people a little while to come around to the new branding.

I'm also of the opinion that the Carolina Panthers have driven some fans away with some of the players they currently showcase so for some people, the Hornets are the only show in town.

I've lived in the Charlotte area for eight and a half years. I know literally no one who considers the Hornets the only show in town in terms of pro sports.

Guessing he meant for eyes on basketball teams.

Also like 60-70% of the Hornets season doesn't overlap with the Panthers season (plus recently the Panthers season has been over in November anyway).

Fair, but worth noting our upcoming season was over in June.
Benjamin Linus
Veteran
And1: 1,268

Post#25 » by Benjamin Linus » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:33 am

hotrod wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

It must be huge for them to have MJ be a part of this. I mean, would anyone buy this if he wasn't? Could you imagine going to a bar and being like 'yoooo get me some of that Jeanie Buss tequila'

Return to Charlotte Hornets