ImageImage

Hornets 2019 Preseason

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Re: Hornets 2019 Preseason 

Post#201 » by LofJ » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:37 pm

Mitch just had his before the season tips off press conference and I loved everything he said. He made it pretty clear that the team will likely lose a lot of games, but that the organization understands that. He said the team will be judged by effort/energy level and by how much they improve, both the players and the coaching staff. He also said the team was in asset collection mode and would use cap space to facilitate that.

Mitch was impressed with how quickly PJ Washington has picked up the team's schemes and doesn't think he'll spend much time in Greensboro. He also reiterated how much he values the G-league. Mitch said he'd love it if he could have 5 two-way players. He said the more players you can get a look at the better chance you have to hit on someone. So the exact opposite approach of Rich Cho (thank god). I think we're in good hands going forward as long as MJ doesn't get impatient and torpedo the process.
MrMorrow
Sophomore
And1: 15

Post#202 » by MrMorrow » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:55 pm

Has Joe Chealey been waived? Has Cody Martin been waived?
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Post#203 » by LofJ » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:04 pm

MrMorrow wrote:Has Joe Chealey been waived? Has Cody Martin been waived?

Chealey was waived. Both Martins and Jalen McDaniels made the 15-man roster. Kobi Simmons and Robert Franks are signed to 2-way deals. Mitch said that all of them were likely to spend a lot of time in Greensboro.
cornchip
Pro Prospect
And1: 517

Post#204 » by cornchip » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:09 pm

LofJ wrote:Mitch just had his before the season tips off press conference and I loved everything he said. He made it pretty clear that the team will likely lose a lot of games, but that the organization understands that. He said the team will be judged by effort/energy level and by how much they improve, both the players and the coaching staff. He also said the team was in asset collection mode and would use cap space to facilitate that.

Mitch was impressed with how quickly PJ Washington has picked up the team's schemes and doesn't think he'll spend much time in Greensboro. He also reiterated how much he values the G-league. Mitch said he'd love it if he could have 5 two-way players. He said the more players you can get a look at the better chance you have to hit on someone. So the exact opposite approach of Rich Cho (thank god). I think we're in good hands going forward as long as MJ doesn't get impatient and torpedo the process.

I mean, that's all he can really say at this point.

His comments are also a bit incredulous though...he couldn't say "the Cho era screwed us, so now we pretty much start over cleaning up the mess."

Who else has to really develop besides PJ, Martin, and maaaybe Miles?

Is it unfair to judge Monk, Rozier, Bacon and Graham's production this year on the current regimes ability to pick talent (and I would throw Bridges in there as well)?

The book is out on MKG, Batum, Zeller, Marv, and Biyombo. Failed draft picks, FA's, trades.

So I'm not going to kid myself with this whole development nonsense...this is about the fallout of the failed "Kemba Walker era".

Return to Charlotte Hornets