ImageImage

GT hornets vs magic 1/20 5PM EST

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

316Hornets
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,731

Re: GT hornets vs magic 1/20 5PM EST 

Post#21 » by 316Hornets » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:33 pm

PJ struggling a little bit with ball control. He's good at being aggressive, but could use some work on his craftiness.
The Charlotte Hornets will win their first round series against the Boston Celtics in the 2021 Playoffs
DY_nasty
General Manager
And1: 4,946

Post#22 » by DY_nasty » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:36 pm

316Hornets wrote:PJ struggling a little bit with ball control. He's good at being aggressive, but could use some work on his craftiness.

he's trying to work against a defense that doesn't have to move to guard an entire team. any big would struggle

we usually have at least some sort of shift between graham and rozier but rozier decided to take the night off
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,616

Post#23 » by fatlever » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:38 pm

why do i love the smart speaker easy listening smooth jazz playlist commercial so much? easily the best repeat hornets ad since that dude made the motorcycle a few years ago.
DY_nasty
General Manager

Post#24 » by DY_nasty » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:41 pm

play.

cody.

martin.
HornetsFan29
Bench Warmer
And1: 952

Post#25 » by HornetsFan29 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:45 pm

this team is doing the same **** they always do.

1.start off the season pretty good and make some fans think we are making the playoffs as the 8 seed.

2.having a mid season slump and fans realize will suck but have hopes for a top 5 pick

3.(it will happen this year too just watch lol) go on a winning streak the last month of the season ruining our draft pick and fall short of the 8 seed.

being a hornets fan is tough. :banghead: :banghead: :(
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,616

Post#26 » by fatlever » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:46 pm

DY_nasty wrote:play.

cody.

martin.

bacon over martin is a crime against basketball
DY_nasty
General Manager

Post#27 » by DY_nasty » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:52 pm

we have got to trade miles while people still think he's good lol
HornetsFan29
Bench Warmer
And1: 952

Post#28 » by HornetsFan29 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:05 am

DY_nasty wrote:we have got to trade miles while people still think he's good lol

everrytime I see bridges play i get more and more piss that we did'n keep Shai :banghead:
DY_nasty
General Manager

Post#29 » by DY_nasty » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:06 am

monk's best game in a while. i feel like i say this every other month... hope he keeps it up but meh
DY_nasty
General Manager

Post#30 » by DY_nasty » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:08 am

that banked 3 lol been that kind of night
DY_nasty
General Manager

Post#31 » by DY_nasty » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:10 am

martin got fouled that was his ticket to the starting lineup lmao
-Ian-
Analyst
And1: 849

Post#32 » by -Ian- » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:39 am

I feel sick. We got bamboozled by Orlando and Kemba's about to finally beat LeBron. :banghead:
Chapelchilla
Bench Warmer
And1: 867

Post#33 » by Chapelchilla » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:50 pm

We can't have it both ways guys, this has to be a tank year so we need to lose these sorts of games. Still wish we would go ahead and trade the whole Bacon, Biz, Marv, MKG, Monk and Batum crew for future picks.
DY_nasty
General Manager

Post#34 » by DY_nasty » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:19 pm

Chapelchilla wrote:We can't have it both ways guys, this has to be a tank year so we need to lose these sorts of games. Still wish we would go ahead and trade the whole Bacon, Biz, Marv, MKG, Monk and Batum crew for future picks.

play as good as possible and lose

we may not be trying to win every game, but there should at least be a moral victory every night
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#35 » by BigSlam » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:21 pm

Miles starts with a nice bounce pass to Cody for the finish off the P&R. That makes Miles 2 for the last 5 on those bounce passes.

What's up with 3J's kicks? Looks like he is wearing two different shoes.

Awesome high low between Cody and 3J. The best part was how quickly it was executed.

Liked that drive by Miles. Bullied his way in to the rim and didn't settle for an off balance running over the shoulder hook push shot thing. Just went straight at it.
Then he did the exact same thing next time down and went for the thunder "Blake Griffin" type dunk. Didn't make it, looked like he was fouled (pushed) but I really liked the direct line and the intent.

Awesome switch on D between Cody and 3J. 3J was stuck on Vucevic just outside the post and there was fantastic recognition and smooth communication ebtwen Cody and 3J for 3J to peel off him and Cody to go to Vucevic which prevented him from posting up and forced him into a bad shot.

JB takes Miles out and puts Bats in out of the time out. I don't like that move, Miles was showing some good signs. If JB really wanted Bats in it would have made more sense to me to take Terry out.

Willy goes bang!!

I feel like JB has gone substitution crazy since the time out. This is the 5th different line up in the last 2 mins.

Heads up play by Bake to gather in the loose pass by Bats, continue with the drive but pull out of it when his shot wasn't there and whip it to Tae for the corner 3.

Miles back in. Looking active tonight. I like it.

Ross is too quick for Miles. I don't understand why JB has him trying to guard him - that's just setting Miles up to fail. If Bake can't guard Ross, then put Thing #1 out there.

Start of the 2nd qtr and JB is going with: Rozier - Monk - Bake - Miles - Willy?
Not a good line up.............on either side of the ball.
We are up by 7, let's see how this goes.
Up by 5.
Up by 3.
Up by 2.
Time out.
That line up JB had out there just evaporated a 7pt lead. Bad, bad coaching/line ups by JB again.
After that time out he's now gone with Rozier - Monk - Bats - Miles - Cody. Better, but still not great.
Now we are down by 5. A -12pt swing. Awesome......

That Fultz jump shot is MKG cringe worthy. It makes the jump shot of Josh Childress look like Ray Allen's.

Funky Monky!! I thought Monk was going to crown Bamba with a thunderous dunk but that hang time and reverse layup was something else! Pure streetball, but lovely when it works!

3J winding back the clock to his 1st NBA game. Swishington is the house!!

What awesome body control by Cody to not only reel in that go ahead pass by Terry but to slow his momentum down enough to control his body and make the reverse layup.

There's Miles taking that stupid off balance running over the shoulder hook push shot thing.

Devonte needs to chill with the Trae Young distance jump shots.

5 on 4 break and Monk sends an absolute scud missile of a pass at a moving Biz. What did he think was going to happen??

That's back to back 3pt airballs by Tae - both short and well right.

Bridges started the game so well but has turned to **** the longer it's gone on reverting back to stupid, low percentage shots.

Monk is wearing some crazy kicks as well. Is it crazy kicks day in the NBA??

Our wings suck. All of them. I'm getting sick and tired of our wings making opposing wings look like world beaters. Tonight it's Ross and Fornier's turn to look like MJ and Pip.
B B M F 'ers
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,235

Post#36 » by amcoolio » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:56 pm

HornetsFan29 wrote:this team is doing the same **** they always do.

1.start off the season pretty good and make some fans think we are making the playoffs as the 8 seed.

2.having a mid season slump and fans realize will suck but have hopes for a top 5 pick

3.(it will happen this year too just watch lol) go on a winning streak the last month of the season ruining our draft pick and fall short of the 8 seed.

being a hornets fan is tough. :banghead: :banghead: :(

I think we are really bad this time

We did it perfectly

Play well at the beginning of the season so the league thinks we are a pleasant surprise, then lose constantly while nobody notices, and hopefully it pays off and we get a top 3 pick this time
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
Curtis Lemansky
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 249

Post#37 » by Curtis Lemansky » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:40 pm

Is there any hope for Bacon at all?

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using RealGM mobile app
"I don't step aside, I step up." - Vic Mackey
"My name is my name" - Marlo Stanfield
"If you come at the king, you best not miss" - Omar Little

Formerly known as nostradamus2005
DY_nasty
General Manager

Post#38 » by DY_nasty » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:47 pm

Curtis Lemansky wrote:Is there any hope for Bacon at all?

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using RealGM mobile app

he plays like wheelchair brandon roy on a good night

Return to Charlotte Hornets