Post#2 » by amcoolio » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:12 pm

Wow.
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
bravor
Starter
And1: 737

Re: Kobe Bryant: R.I.P 

Post#3 » by bravor » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:15 pm

Nobody's immortal and accidents can happen, but such news is still shocking.

RIP, and best wishes for his family.
-Ian-
Analyst
And1: 849

Post#4 » by -Ian- » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:17 pm

This is shocking. David Stern just had his memorial service a few days ago and now the NBA world is mourning for another titan. I hope Vanessa and her kids have strong support system. Losing Kobe and Gianna in the crash is devastating on all levels.
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#5 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:35 pm

Terrible.
My picks:
2020 Draft (3rd pick) - Tyrese Haliburton, Devin Vassell, or Onyeka Okongwu
2021 Draft (11th pick) - Moses Moody
stinger14
Starter
And1: 768

Post#6 » by stinger14 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:47 pm

Terrible news!!! Shocked at the news, turned to feeling devastated once I realized it was true. Then to find out his 13 year old daughter also lost her life, it's just sad. Prayers for his entire family, and the families of the other passengers on board. Let it be a reminder to all of us, we never know when our time will come, enjoy life and enjoy your family every minute along the way.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,105

Post#7 » by JDR720 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:17 pm

His 13yr old daughter was killed too.

This is by far the most shocking athlete/celebrity death in a long time.
Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,522

Post#8 » by Bassman » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:34 pm

Very sad and tragic news. Kobe was an amazing player...the closest to Jordan as the greatest guard I’ve ever seen.
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
vorbis
Veteran
And1: 671

Post#9 » by vorbis » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:52 pm

crazy
316Hornets
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,731

Post#10 » by 316Hornets » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:12 am

I'm at a loss of words. Kobe was just entering the next chapter of his life. He was doing so much for the WNBA and shining a light there. Certainly gives one perspective to the fragility of life and how important it is to cherish each moment.
The Charlotte Hornets will win their first round series against the Boston Celtics in the 2021 Playoffs
UNCNYC
Assistant Coach
And1: 868

Post#11 » by UNCNYC » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:16 am

I was the biggest fan of Kobe's for about 1 year. That year was the year right before he got drafted by US. RIght after he got drafted and traded away I immediately stopped being a fan. I think that was because of how great I KNEW he would be. It was tough to root for him knowing what we could have had. RIP Kobe. People remember you as 24, but 8 was truly was GREAT.

Noone knows if you would have went to UNC or dook. Last I heard he said he would go to UNC because of a personal letter sent by DEAN SMITH. I woulda loved to have experienced a Mamba Out. Prayers to his family.
UPDATED 2-18-2024

These are my top five for who I want with pick #1 in order

BuB Carrington
Ryan Dunn
Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,167

Post#12 » by Rich4114 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:46 am

Those poor families and what they’re going through. Kobe meant to much to sports and the NBA. Such a tragedy and thoughts go out to Kobe’s family and the families of those on the helicopter for such a horrible loss. Can’t even imagine.
stinger14
Starter
And1: 768

Post#13 » by stinger14 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:37 pm

UNCNYC wrote:I was the biggest fan of Kobe's for about 1 year. That year was the year right before he got drafted by US. RIght after he got drafted and traded away I immediately stopped being a fan. I think that was because of how great I KNEW he would be. It was tough to root for him knowing what we could have had. RIP Kobe. People remember you as 24, but 8 was truly was GREAT.

Noone knows if you would have went to UNC or dook. Last I heard he said he would go to UNC because of a personal letter sent by DEAN SMITH. I woulda loved to have experienced a Mamba Out. Prayers to his family.

As I said earlier, truly a sad day for basketball fans, and even more so for his family.

It's not a big deal one way or the other, but Kobe has repeatedly stated he would have attended Duke. In fact he did take some classes at Duke during his offseasons. He has rebutted the UNC statement many times, saying he would have loved competing against Vince Carter in practice every day, but the "Dean Smith letter" was to tell him he knew he was going pro, and good luck as Dean wasn't going to waste either of their time on recruiting. Kobe stated that Coach K and Roy Williams (at Kansas) recruited him the heaviest, and both continued even after Kobe announced his NBA decision. Kobe stated all of this including that he would have went to Duke several times including as recent as 2018 in an interview with Dan Katz.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,053

Post#14 » by Liver_Pooty » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:29 am

Still at a loss for words.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
UNCNYC
Assistant Coach
And1: 868

Post#15 » by UNCNYC » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:14 am

stinger14 wrote:
UNCNYC wrote:I was the biggest fan of Kobe's for about 1 year. That year was the year right before he got drafted by US. RIght after he got drafted and traded away I immediately stopped being a fan. I think that was because of how great I KNEW he would be. It was tough to root for him knowing what we could have had. RIP Kobe. People remember you as 24, but 8 was truly was GREAT.

As I said earlier, truly a sad day for basketball fans, and even more so for his family.

It's not a big deal one way or the other, but Kobe has repeatedly stated he would have attended Duke. In fact he did take some classes at Duke during his offseasons. He has rebutted the UNC statement many times, saying he would have loved competing against Vince Carter in practice every day, but the "Dean Smith letter" was to tell him he knew he was going pro, and good luck as Dean wasn't going to waste either of their time on recruiting. Kobe stated that Coach K and Roy Williams (at Kansas) recruited him the heaviest, and both continued even after Kobe announced his NBA decision. Kobe stated all of this including that he would have went to Duke several times including as recent as 2018 in an interview with Dan Katz.

Thanks for the reminder but I just couldn't bring myself to LIKE the reply haha. Well we have loss lots of players to you guys over the years. 2 in Grant Hill and Bobby Hurley who were supposed to attend UNC. Jay Williams always wanted to go to UNC but coach Guthridge told him he wasn't good enough.
UPDATED 2-18-2024

These are my top five for who I want with pick #1 in order

BuB Carrington
Ryan Dunn
Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman

Return to Charlotte Hornets