Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,746

Re: GT hornets vs spurs 2/1 9PM EST 

Post#21 » by Diop » Sun Feb 2, 2020 3:47 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:
DY_nasty wrote:this second half has been very, very bad
Liver_Pooty wrote:Miles improvement on his 3 ball is excellent. But that's literally all it looks like he worked on, but that's what everyone said he needed to work on. Now that he has that down I think the sky is the limit for him. He will only get better. I absolutely do not get the him and Monk comparisons. Hell hes a better shooter than Monk and that wasn't even strength. I'll continue to hold hope in Miles even in some of his absolutely horrific games.

...don't judge guys on rare games when they don't miss man lol

i WILL say that we've actually put bridges in the high post more tonight than we have all year. he's actually not run from contact from once too and taken advantage of a mismatch. that's good - and he needs to keep it up whether he's on fire and full of confidence or not

He plays better without Washington. Up to the coaches in the off season to implement them together and get Miles use to playing with him. It's no fault of PJs as hes actually probably going to be better than Miles and already is.

They were trying to mould them both into power forwards, so not surprised they haven’t fit together well at first
DY_nasty
General Manager
And1: 4,946

Post#22 » by DY_nasty » Sun Feb 2, 2020 3:48 am

before that 3 was a 34-3 run by san antonio lol
euphorbus
Analyst
And1: 1,480

Post#23 » by euphorbus » Sun Feb 2, 2020 3:49 am

It's the sign of a young team--they do not play consistently well for four quarters. In the NBA, the fourth quarter is where the experienced players turn it on.
DY_nasty
General Manager

Post#24 » by DY_nasty » Sun Feb 2, 2020 3:50 am

absolutely pathetic lmao

shook
DY_nasty
General Manager

Post#25 » by DY_nasty » Sun Feb 2, 2020 3:57 am

devonte is too important to check out the way he has tonight in this second half
316Hornets
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,731

Post#26 » by 316Hornets » Sun Feb 2, 2020 4:03 am

Getting tired of Zeller's act. He just wants to pass the ball. Spurs don't have anybody manning the center.
The Charlotte Hornets will win their first round series against the Boston Celtics in the 2021 Playoffs
DY_nasty
General Manager

Post#27 » by DY_nasty » Sun Feb 2, 2020 4:05 am

martin needs to fix his whole form
316Hornets wrote:Getting tired of Zeller's act. He just wants to pass the ball. Spurs don't have anybody manning the center.

willie is better than he is right now
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,045

Post#28 » by Liver_Pooty » Sun Feb 2, 2020 4:07 am

DY_nasty wrote:devonte is too important to check out the way he has tonight in this second half

Hes seemed checked out for a few games now.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
DY_nasty
General Manager

Post#29 » by DY_nasty » Sun Feb 2, 2020 4:11 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:
DY_nasty wrote:devonte is too important to check out the way he has tonight in this second half

I don't blame him for getting the bulk of defensive attention and suffering.

I do blame him for just going through the motions and shrugging his shoulders when he throws a questionable pass and guys can't keep up. He's clearly tired of the defensive focus he gets, but tonight he looked pissed because he's gotta work harder than most of the roster for the team to have a chance. Bad games happen, but when Terry goes 1-10 or something he doesn't look legit peeved with his teammates like Graham did tonight.

Good game to learn from though for a lot of guys. Spurs have a much better group of young players than they get credit for.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#30 » by Liver_Pooty » Sun Feb 2, 2020 4:23 am

DY_nasty wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:

I don't blame him for getting the bulk of defensive attention and suffering.

I do blame him for just going through the motions and shrugging his shoulders when he throws a questionable pass and guys can't keep up. He's clearly tired of the defensive focus he gets, but tonight he looked pissed because he's gotta work harder than most of the roster for the team to have a chance. Bad games happen, but when Terry goes 1-10 or something he doesn't look legit peeved with his teammates like Graham did tonight.

Good game to learn from though for a lot of guys. Spurs have a much better group of young players than they get credit for.

Rozier got alot of flack in Boston but that dudes a pro. He plays like a dumbass sometimes but hell hes working with Miles who is just an idiot sometimes, a rookie PJ and a different center every 8 or so games. He plays hard. I guess 19 million helps, but he literally gives everything he has. Unlike some of our players who got paydays. Batum
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#31 » by Liver_Pooty » Sun Feb 2, 2020 4:27 am

PJ has Paul Millsap written all over him. Which is damn fine. I have no idea what to label Miles. Incredible NBA body who can suddenly shoot the 3 and guard multiple positions at least from a physical standpoint. Have Graham who looks like Damian Lillard for a game or 2 then a poor man's Nick Young for a few games. That's what makes me intrigued about this years team. Growth. Watching players grow into the players I think they can or cant become. But hell I'm a Hornets fan been doing this since 2001 when we should have went to the finals.
Robot Rock
Starter
And1: 939

Post#32 » by Robot Rock » Sun Feb 2, 2020 5:42 am

Great game by Miles. Devonte isn’t making anything, but he still had nine dimes and is seventh in the league in assists per game. You got to see us when we’re playing well and when we’re blatantly tanking tonight.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,613

Post#33 » by fatlever » Sun Feb 2, 2020 6:42 am

60-13 run. thats the worst beat-down i've seen in years. unreal meltdown/purple patch
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#34 » by BigSlam » Tue Feb 4, 2020 4:14 pm

No 3J? That sucks. I think? I can't even remember how good (or not good) he's been lately. This recent stretch of games has been a bit of a grind to watch IMO.

Are the Spurs a good team these days? I feel like I know nothing about them, the state of their roster, what phase they are in (rebuild, treadmill or contending etc). It's weird to be so disconnected from them after them being front and center for the past 10+ years.

THAT'S THE WAY YOU DRIVE MILES!!! Along the base in a straight, direct, deliberate and controlled way then explode up for the dunk. Keep doing that!!

Now Miles takes the bounce pass feed from Cody as he streaks down the middle for the finger roll - again in a straight line and not with all the off balance over the shoulder stuff he usually does. If only we got this version of Miles all the time!!

His 3rd shot of the game he goes for an off handed, off balance, running, looping scoop layup as he is moving away from the basket. Welp, it was fun while it lasted....

Miles has started the game really well, so JB pulls Bridges and replaces him with Bats coming back from the time out? I just don'e get set substitution patters.

Thing #1 with the classic Gerald Henderson jump shot. 6" further back and it would have been a 3 Vs a long 2.

When do we legit start getting concerned about Tae? The passing is still there but the shooting/scoring is just not. And when his shot is has bad as it has been lately it really takes away from the positive impact of his passing.

I would never have thought Gay would be in the league for as long as he has been coming out of UConn.

Miles driving well, passing well and now stroking the 3 ball from the top of the arc (not even from the corner). Nice.

What a lovely couple of passes by Miles to Thing #1 and then Thing #1 to Tae for the corner 3 to close out the 1st qtr. Great heads up ball movement and clock awareness.

Wozers! Miles with a lovely bounce pass in motion to Thing #1 down the middle for the jam. Miles killing it tonight.

Is Willy really as bad as some posers say he is? He, more often than not, seems to be pretty effective to me when he gets PT? Scores in the post. Isn't a space eater. Isn't a black hole. Got good hands. Can stroke the 3. Gets to the line. Hits his FT's. Rebounds pretty well.

Ashley looking very attractive tonight.

Thing #1 seems to be getting a lot of PT tonight - is that a result of 3J being out and adjusted rotations, or is JB finally going to start playing him some more?

CODY WAS UNDER THE BASKET AND WENT UP STRONG IN TRAFFIC WITH 3 SPURS AROUND HIM AND ACTUALLY DUNKED IT!!!

Tae to Monk alley oops are often a thing of beauty. That one was no exception.

That dribble to the elbow and open mid range J that Tae just took (and missed) at the end of the 2nd qtr is a shot he should put up in practice 500 times a day until it becomes money for him. Then when it does, he needs to do the same thing but add a step back.

Miles now with the stop jump hook right in the teeth of the paint. Beautiful stuff.

I feel like the team has taken and completed more bounce passes tonight than they have the rest of the season combined.

Every time we play the Spurs Mills seems to hurt us and I am reminded how how it felt that for years we tried to either sign him as a FA or trade for him.

Well, that game certainly went down hill quickly...
B B M F 'ers

Return to Charlotte Hornets