ImageImage

Not even angry anymore...This was my decision

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

dre4bobcats
Sophomore
And1: 15

Post#1 » by dre4bobcats » Sun Feb 9, 2020 2:10 pm

I was the fan who blamed MJ, Cho, Kupchak etc. I was the fan who blamed our players for not improving (mkg)..
Ive realized that I just made a bad choice when it comes to an NBA team. I tried to root for the home team. It didn't work out.
Don't you guys get tired of this?? This loop of: being the worst in the league, an up and coming team, an almost playoff team, a first round sweep, then tearing that down and becoming the worst team in the league again
geraldwallace
Junior
And1: 271

Re: Not even angry anymore...This was my decision 

Post#2 » by geraldwallace » Sun Feb 9, 2020 2:36 pm

Don’t see why you’re acting like the roof is caving in. We have a bright future got some young promising pieces, 50 million in cap space this year followed by around 40 the next, a probable top 5 pick
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,045

Post#3 » by Liver_Pooty » Sun Feb 9, 2020 2:39 pm

As long as we dont max out DeRozan I'm ok
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#4 » by BigSlam » Sun Feb 9, 2020 2:55 pm

That’s the cycle of sports.

Is your expectation that the team you support wins championships every year? If that was the case every team would do that.

It’s your decision to have unrealistic expectations.

Recalibrate you’re expectations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B B M F 'ers
DY_nasty
General Manager
And1: 4,946

Post#5 » by DY_nasty » Sun Feb 9, 2020 2:57 pm

you make it sound like we're the wolves/knicks/kings/suns

at least we're losing on purpose right now lol
Chapelchilla
Bench Warmer
And1: 867

Post#6 » by Chapelchilla » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:51 pm

I am actually more hopeful now then I was. Decent young guys to build around, high draft picks and cap space coming. Still gonna be bad next year but 2021-22 could be start of something special.
316Hornets
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,731

Post#7 » by 316Hornets » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:04 pm

As a small market team in the NBA, it's always going to be a challenge to become competitive. Not only do you need to nail draft picks, but you have to convince free agents that this is a destination where they can reach their potential without the spotlight that other teams offer. For as bad as the team has looked, I think we've at least shown that we aren't a heartless organization and treat players very fairly.

The biggest disappointment is we had to let Kemba go. You never want to lose your franchise leader because you're too cheap to match to big boys. In this case, I think it was warranted. Kemba was getting frustrated by the constant losing and we kept shooting ourselves in the foot trying to scrap together something.

Right now, we are just rebuilding while Batum's contract runs out. There's just no way to compete as a small market team paying a guy max money who can't even offer production from the bench. It was a foolish deal to hand out and risky. It blew up in our faces, but maybe it will all workout in the end if we can get a superstar in one of these upcoming drafts.
The Charlotte Hornets will win their first round series against the Boston Celtics in the 2021 Playoffs

Return to Charlotte Hornets