And1: 1,480

Re: Season Suspended 

Post#21 » by euphorbus » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:51 pm

euphorbus
Analyst

Post#22 » by euphorbus » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:39 am

So far, the Hornets and Michael Jordan are not among the NBA teams to step up and guarantee a degree of salary for the Spectrum Center workers. Nor have any of the players.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,664

Post#23 » by Diop » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:28 am

euphorbus wrote:So far, the Hornets and Michael Jordan are not among the NBA teams to step up and guarantee a degree of salary for the Spectrum Center workers. Nor have any of the players.

Zeller did immediately, before I heard other players do it. He didn't grand stand it though.

Read on Twitter
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,235

Post#24 » by luciano-davidwesley » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:14 am

It’s disgusting that the NBA or at least the team owners didn’t immediately come out and guarantee their staff members salaries.
euphorbus
Analyst

Post#25 » by euphorbus » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:55 am

Diop wrote:Zeller did immediately, before I heard other players do it. He didn't grand stand it though.

Good to hear that! Thanks.
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#26 » by TheKingofSting » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:39 pm

Read on Twitter

Well it's safe to say our season is over.
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#27 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:21 am

Welp
My picks:
2020 Draft (3rd pick) - Tyrese Haliburton, Devin Vassell, or Onyeka Okongwu
2021 Draft (11th pick) - Moses Moody
Hornet Mania
General Manager
And1: 7,277

Post#28 » by Hornet Mania » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:00 pm

Honestly from the perspective of a Charlotte Hornets fan this is the best possible season to get canceled. I would have liked the young guys to get a full 82 games under their belts, especially since they improved noticeably since November, but this was a lost campaign for our team no matter what. A decent chunk of our fan base would have voted to fast-forward straight to the lotto back at the beginning of the year. I feel worse for fans of a team like the Bucks which had a legit shot to win a title.

If you've got to piss away a season it might as well be a year that you're not contending for the playoffs much less a title.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,496

Post#29 » by HornetJail » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:00 pm

Hornet Mania wrote:Honestly from the perspective of a Charlotte Hornets fan this is the best possible season to get canceled. I would have liked the young guys to get a full 82 games under their belts, especially since they improved noticeably since November, but this was a lost campaign for our team no matter what. A decent chunk of our fan base would have voted to fast-forward straight to the lotto back at the beginning of the year. I feel worse for fans of a team like the Bucks which had a legit shot to win a title.

If you've got to piss away a season it might as well be a year that you're not contending for the playoffs much less a title.

I would have easily chosen to cut short the last two Clifford seasons, the Lance Stephenson year, and both Paul Silas years over this one, and that's just in the last decade.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Hornet Mania
General Manager

Post#30 » by Hornet Mania » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:51 pm

KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:
Hornet Mania wrote:Honestly from the perspective of a Charlotte Hornets fan this is the best possible season to get canceled. I would have liked the young guys to get a full 82 games under their belts, especially since they improved noticeably since November, but this was a lost campaign for our team no matter what. A decent chunk of our fan base would have voted to fast-forward straight to the lotto back at the beginning of the year. I feel worse for fans of a team like the Bucks which had a legit shot to win a title.

I would have easily chosen to cut short the last two Clifford seasons, the Lance Stephenson year, and both Paul Silas years over this one, and that's just in the last decade.

I definitely agree from an entertainment perspective, I've enjoyed watching the young guys play with energy and hustle a lot more than I enjoyed grinding things out for a 6-10th seed. But I think the majority of fans have mostly checked out this year, which has surprisingly been their loss.

I was thinking more from the perspective of maximizing the window to contend, I don't think this this changes the timelines for our rebuild at all. But potentially losing the chance to take a legit swing at it is brutal for a team like the Bucks who have a real shot to win the title and a superstar to please,
euphorbus
Analyst

Post#31 » by euphorbus » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:33 pm

It is amazing how quickly the virus passes among players in the league. It gives you an appreciation for why not just professional sports, but college and high school athletics have been suspended. Too bad for the UNC-Chapel Hill women's tennis team, ranked no. 1 in the country.
Hornet Mania
General Manager

Post#32 » by Hornet Mania » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:09 am

John Hollinger just wrote in The Athletic about the timeline the league is considering if/when it resumes. A lot of standard stuff, like training camp and an abbreviated end of the regular season, but it also mentions the possibility of a 3-5 day play-in tournament for playoff spots (presumably either 7/8th or just 8th seed).

How do you all feel about the possibility of a play-in tournament to award the final few playoff spots in this crazy season? Do you support the Hornets making a run in such a tournament, or do you see it as an existential threat to the tank?
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,035

Post#33 » by Liver_Pooty » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:59 am

Hornet Mania wrote:John Hollinger just wrote in The Athletic about the timeline the league is considering if/when it resume. A lot of standard stuff, like training camp and an abbreviated end of the regular season, but it also mentions the possibility of a 3-5 day play-in tournament for playoff spots (presumably either 7/8th or just 8th seed).

How do you all feel about the possibility of a play-in tournament to award the final few playoff spots in this crazy season? Do you support the Hornets making a run in such a tournament, or do you see it as an existential threat to the tank?

Lol I'm ready for the lottery and draft
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
-Ian-
Analyst
And1: 849

Post#34 » by -Ian- » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:05 am

I don't mind if we don't play another game this season. As for the playoffs, I think it would be better if they'd make the first round a best-of-5 affair.
Hornet Mania
General Manager

Post#35 » by Hornet Mania » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:18 am

-Ian- wrote:I don't mind if we don't play another game this season. As for the playoffs, I think it would be better if they'd make the first round a best-of-5 affair.

This is where I'm at too. I don't see the point of resuming anything but the playoffs, seeded 1-8 in each conference however it ended on the day the season was suspended. Best of 5 was great back in the day, I'd enjoy it.

Return to Charlotte Hornets