ImageImage

Prospect Thread: Anthony Edwards

Moderators: BigSlam, JDR720, fatlever, yosemiteben, Diop

amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 3,573

Re: Prospect Thread: Anthony Edwards 

Post#101 » by amcoolio » Thu Oct 1, 2020 5:25 pm

Still waiting for someone to tell me why Edwards deserves to be a top 5 pick. Not raining down constant negativity I'm just generally curious why. What skills does he have that would translate to the NBA.
SWedd523
General Manager
And1: 1,265

Post#102 » by SWedd523 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 7:36 pm

amcoolio wrote:Still waiting for someone to tell me why Edwards deserves to be a top 5 pick. Not raining down constant negativity I'm just generally curious why. What skills does he have that would translate to the NBA.

Because Edwards is really the only guy among the top draft picks who you can see averaging 20+ a night.

I mean, sure, you have to stand on one foot during a new moon while balancing a hardboiled egg on your head and saying the alphabet backwards in Spanish in order to see it.

But it's there.

He also checks pretty much every block other than the mental/background portion of things... which is admittedly huge.

6'5/225 with long arms, plus athlete, relatively clean shooting form that can realistically extend to NBA three with development, solid out of the triple threat which bodes well for his "1st option scorer" outlook, can go to his weak hand on the drive relatively well, drives well, solid pull up game, potential to be a positive defender is there, so on, etc.

He's a good locker room and a good work ethic away from being an All-Star.

The question is if you believe he can catch on mentally and personality-wise.
Vanderbilt_Grad
Analyst
And1: 1,423

Post#103 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:48 pm

My feeling at this point is that Edwards ends up being a bigger & slightly better Dion Waiters.
Hope is free.
Rays Pompadour
Freshman
And1: 48

Post#104 » by Rays Pompadour » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:57 pm

Makes me wonder if, after Minny takes Ball and Golden State takes Wiseman (or trades out), Charlotte will take a pass on Edwards? If Kupchak values BBIQ and complementary skills to a(n) elite skill, then I could see him going a different direction. But if the Hornets feel they have enough skill along the roster and not enough raw athleticism and size, then Edwards would be a terrific developmental choice.

Also, where's the buzz? I see the Euros getting some play and boards are all over Ball. Where's the juice for Edwards?
-Ian-
Veteran
And1: 655

Post#105 » by -Ian- » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:46 am

Read on Twitter

I seriously doubt we pick this guy. :lol: Although it's curious to see Buzz Peterson there instead of Mitch Kupchak. :banghead:
wilson115
Sophomore
And1: 68

Post#106 » by wilson115 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:44 am

-Ian- wrote:
Read on Twitter

I seriously doubt we pick this guy. :lol: Although it's curious to see Buzz Peterson there instead of Mitch Kupchak. :banghead:

I don't know. With this kind of prospect it comes down to a gut check: do you as an owner, front office, or coaching staff have what it takes to grind away the flaws? -- This is MJ we're looking at here.
DY_nasty
Head Coach
And1: 2,634

Post#107 » by DY_nasty » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:24 pm

"2nd best" player? Guess we can take Edwards off the list lmao
LofJ
General Manager
And1: 6,485

Post#108 » by LofJ » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:28 pm

DY_nasty wrote:"2nd best" player? Guess we can take Edwards off the list lmao

It's clipped off so you can't see it, but Edwards said at the bottom that he was kidding and that MJ is the GOAT.

Return to Charlotte Hornets