ImageImage

Prospect Thread: James Wiseman

Moderators: BigSlam, JDR720, fatlever, yosemiteben, Diop

User avatar
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
Posts: 34,232
And1: 10,099
Joined: Dec 29, 2008
Location: Asheville, NC
   

Re: Prospect Thread: James Wiseman 

Post#381 » by Liver_Pooty » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:22 pm

Well he definitely hasn't been lazy
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
User avatar
James Gatz
Starter
Posts: 2,243
And1: 312
Joined: Mar 12, 2012

Re: Prospect Thread: James Wiseman 

Post#382 » by James Gatz » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:26 pm

Read on Twitter
User avatar
SWedd523
General Manager
Posts: 8,888
And1: 1,263
Joined: Jul 07, 2009
   

Re: Prospect Thread: James Wiseman 

Post#383 » by SWedd523 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:45 pm

James Gatz wrote:
Read on Twitter

That's really not "huge" though lol
Image
User avatar
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
Posts: 34,232
And1: 10,099
Joined: Dec 29, 2008
Location: Asheville, NC
   

Re: Prospect Thread: James Wiseman 

Post#384 » by Liver_Pooty » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:16 pm

SWedd523 wrote:
James Gatz wrote:
Read on Twitter

That's really not "huge" though lol


That literally looks like the perfect build for a modern center

To me anyway
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
User avatar
MasterIchiro
RealGM
Posts: 14,193
And1: 3,389
Joined: Jan 18, 2013
Location: Intertubes
       

Re: Prospect Thread: James Wiseman 

Post#385 » by MasterIchiro » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:10 pm

Braggins wrote:I'll nitpick and say he needs to work more on lower body strength, but um...
Read on Twitter


I think Biz is more jacked but that's just me. If Biz could finish or ever developed a jump shot he'd be a starter for many years.
It has been written...

Image
User avatar
James Gatz
Starter
Posts: 2,243
And1: 312
Joined: Mar 12, 2012

Re: Prospect Thread: James Wiseman 

Post#386 » by James Gatz » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:15 pm

I really loved Biz but dude had bricks for hands and couldn't make read on a short roll to save his life. He's a great example of how actual intelligence doesn't necessarily translate to on court feel/IQ. Biz smart dude, spoke like 6 languages, but was one the lowest IQ guys out there most nights.

In term of workout pics I don't really care one way or another. I posted because after seeing it on this thread it was one of first posts on my twitter feed. I don't think there is much to be learned from any pics or clips from workout vids. Workouts matter but not we as the public get to see from them.
Shaqsoldestboy
Ballboy
Posts: 10
And1: 6
Joined: Oct 13, 2020

Re: Prospect Thread: James Wiseman 

Post#387 » by Shaqsoldestboy » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:22 pm

Liver_Pooty wrote:
SWedd523 wrote:
James Gatz wrote:
Read on Twitter

That's really not "huge" though lol


That literally looks like the perfect build for a modern center

To me anyway


Yes, let us keep in mind that dude is legit 7'1.
James Gatz wrote:I really loved Biz but dude had bricks for hands and couldn't make read on a short roll to save his life. He's a great example of how actual intelligence doesn't necessarily translate to on court feel/IQ. Biz smart dude, spoke like 6 languages, but was one the lowest IQ guys out there most nights.

In term of workout pics I don't really care one way or another. I posted because after seeing it on this thread it was one of first posts on my twitter feed. I don't think there is much to be learned from any pics or clips from workout vids. Workouts matter but not we as the public get to see from them.


I disagree. This picture eliminates any questions I might have had about this kid being able to rebound.
User avatar
James Gatz
Starter
Posts: 2,243
And1: 312
Joined: Mar 12, 2012

Re: Prospect Thread: James Wiseman 

Post#388 » by James Gatz » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:51 am

Shaqsoldestboy wrote:
James Gatz wrote:I really loved Biz but dude had bricks for hands and couldn't make read on a short roll to save his life. He's a great example of how actual intelligence doesn't necessarily translate to on court feel/IQ. Biz smart dude, spoke like 6 languages, but was one the lowest IQ guys out there most nights.

In term of workout pics I don't really care one way or another. I posted because after seeing it on this thread it was one of first posts on my twitter feed. I don't think there is much to be learned from any pics or clips from workout vids. Workouts matter but not we as the public get to see from them.


I disagree. This picture eliminates any questions I might have had about this kid being able to rebound.


I can't tell if you're joking or not here. I'm really hoping this is meant as a joke.
User avatar
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 45,124
And1: 2,874
Joined: Jul 01, 2005

Re: Prospect Thread: James Wiseman 

Post#389 » by BigSlam » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:19 am

James Gatz wrote:I can't tell if you're joking or not here. I'm really hoping this is meant as a joke.

If a jacked rig is an automatic indicator of successful rebounding in the NBA we should totally sign Chris Hemsworth as an UFA this offseason.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BBMF'ers
Shaqsoldestboy
Ballboy
Posts: 10
And1: 6
Joined: Oct 13, 2020

Re: Prospect Thread: James Wiseman 

Post#390 » by Shaqsoldestboy » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:32 am

Chris Hemsworth isn't 7'1 with a 7'4 wing span.
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 4,040
And1: 89
Joined: Aug 03, 2002
Location: Gold Coast
Contact:
   

Re: Prospect Thread: James Wiseman 

Post#391 » by luciano-davidwesley » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:47 am

SWedd523 wrote:
James Gatz wrote:
Read on Twitter

That's really not "huge" though lol

Looks pretty much like lean muscle to me. He obviously has a work ethic to look like that despite playing 3 competitive games this year. He's definitely #1 on my big board. I don't see the "awful lateral ability" people are talking about. He seems to move well above average for a guy his height to me.

He just needs to work a little more on his legs and quads but he's not far off an nba ready frame.
User avatar
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 45,124
And1: 2,874
Joined: Jul 01, 2005

Re: Prospect Thread: James Wiseman 

Post#392 » by BigSlam » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:36 am

Shaqsoldestboy wrote:Chris Hemsworth isn't 7'1 with a 7'4 wing span.

He’s 6’2” and Australian though - which converts to around 7’0”.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BBMF'ers
Shaqsoldestboy
Ballboy
Posts: 10
And1: 6
Joined: Oct 13, 2020

Re: Prospect Thread: James Wiseman 

Post#393 » by Shaqsoldestboy » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:19 pm

Ohhhh! my bad Slam. I didn't know!
User avatar
geraldwallace
Sophomore
Posts: 187
And1: 154
Joined: Jul 02, 2017
   

Re: Prospect Thread: James Wiseman 

Post#394 » by geraldwallace » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:05 pm

"What Warriors general manager Bob Myers does with that pick -- whether it's flipping it, trading down or using it -- has been the topic of conversation for months. He's come out and said the team will "consider" trading the pick, but he's not committed to anything. But if the organization stands pat, it's looking increasingly likely that, if James Wiseman is available, they'll be passing. Here's what The San Francisco Chronicle's Connor Letourneau reported on that front this week:

"Everyone I've talked to in the organization doesn't feel comfortable spending the kind of money associated with an early lottery pick on a center when Golden State prefers to play a position-less, up-tempo style. Odds are that the Warriors will round out their center rotation in free agency."

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2020-nba-draft-golden-state-warriors-not-likely-to-use-no-2-overall-pick-on-a-center-per-report/
GoBobs
Veteran
Posts: 2,574
And1: 642
Joined: Jul 13, 2009

Re: Prospect Thread: James Wiseman 

Post#395 » by GoBobs » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:26 pm

The thing that scares me is just that we havent seen him much at all. You cant just go by his body and assume he can play. There are to many dudes that look like tarzan and play like jane.

Im not inclined to believe the high school based hype after shabaz.

I think there is about 80% chance he is a bust as a draft pick, but it might still be worth the risk to see if he can be the next dwight. Scouting department needs to get him in for infividual workout. We are going to have to roll the dice on one of these guys,
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 4,040
And1: 89
Joined: Aug 03, 2002
Location: Gold Coast
Contact:
   

Re: Prospect Thread: James Wiseman 

Post#396 » by luciano-davidwesley » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:23 am

I see his floor as Mitchell Robinson with a mid range jumper. He's going to be a great shot blocker and he's going to be able to defend the perimeter because he's a smooth mover. He needs to work on not being so upright in his hips but i think he will get there.

I can see him also potentially expanding his jump shot to 3 point range but I'm not guaranteeing it will happen.

If he is there at 3 we HAVE to take him.
User avatar
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 31,506
And1: 12,465
Joined: Jul 24, 2004
Location: House of Diop
 

Re: Prospect Thread: James Wiseman 

Post#397 » by Diop » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:55 am

BigSlam wrote:
James Gatz wrote:I can't tell if you're joking or not here. I'm really hoping this is meant as a joke.

If a jacked rig is an automatic indicator of successful rebounding in the NBA we should totally sign Chris Hemsworth as an UFA this offseason.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll show you jacked

Spoiler:
Penis
Image
Hornet Mania
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,867
And1: 4,212
Joined: Jul 05, 2014
Location: Dornbirn, Austria
     

Re: Prospect Thread: James Wiseman 

Post#398 » by Hornet Mania » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:42 pm

My only question about Wiseman is how much he can develop. Does he have the ability, assuming he's willing, to really become great or will he just be a hard worker with limited skills like Biz? There's no way to answer that from limited Memphis/AAU games or workout videos imo.

I have zero concerns about his body. He's going to be built like a tank once he gets in an NBA-level weight program. Will he be a smooth explosive tank with some nice skills like Dwight (or maybe even Admiral if we're super lucky)? That's the million dollar question.
DY_nasty
Head Coach
Posts: 6,876
And1: 2,628
Joined: Apr 14, 2010

Re: Prospect Thread: James Wiseman 

Post#399 » by DY_nasty » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:44 pm

Hornet Mania wrote:My only question about Wiseman is how much he can develop. Does he have the ability, assuming he's willing, to really become great or will he just be a hard worker with limited skills like Biz? There's no way to answer that from limited Memphis/AAU games or workout videos imo.

I have zero concerns about his body. He's going to be built like a tank once he gets in an NBA-level weight program. Will he be a smooth explosive tank with some nice skills like Dwight (or maybe even Admiral if we're super lucky)? That's the million dollar question.

It literally took biz 5 years to learn how to catch a ball

dude's shown more progress between his jr to sr year than biz has in his entire life :lol:
User avatar
wilson115
Sophomore
Posts: 115
And1: 68
Joined: Aug 21, 2020
   

Re: Prospect Thread: James Wiseman 

Post#400 » by wilson115 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:11 am

What does this say about the Warriors taking Wiseman at #2? (Or not.)

https://lakersdaily.com/report-golden-state-warriors-to-go-after-dwight-howard-in-free-agency/

Return to Charlotte Hornets