ImageImage

Prospect Thread: James Wiseman

Moderators: BigSlam, JDR720, fatlever, yosemiteben, Diop

KGdaBom
RealGM
Posts: 12,130
And1: 2,511
Joined: Jun 22, 2017
         

Re: Prospect Thread: James Wiseman 

Post#641 » by KGdaBom » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:04 pm

DY_nasty wrote:cmon breh you were cool before but now you're just being trifling for the hell of it lol

Sorry if you think Bridges is a big deal. That is not the perception around the NBA. Skip the player compensation. Your top 10 protected next year that goes unprotected in 22 if not conveyed. That's reasonable.
User avatar
James Gatz
Veteran
Posts: 2,646
And1: 613
Joined: Mar 12, 2012

Re: Prospect Thread: James Wiseman 

Post#642 » by James Gatz » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:08 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
DY_nasty wrote:cmon breh you were cool before but now you're just being trifling for the hell of it lol

Sorry if you think Bridges is a big deal. That is not the perception around the NBA. Skip the player compensation. Your top 10 protected next year that goes unprotected in 22 if not conveyed. That's reasonable.


Not sure why you're trying to negotiate with us. None of us have control over what happens. Might as well sit back and watch the ride!
DY_nasty
General Manager
Posts: 8,051
And1: 3,612
Joined: Apr 14, 2010

Re: Prospect Thread: James Wiseman 

Post#643 » by DY_nasty » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:08 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
DY_nasty wrote:cmon breh you were cool before but now you're just being trifling for the hell of it lol

Sorry if you think Bridges is a big deal. That is not the perception around the NBA. Skip the player compensation. Your top 10 protected next year that goes unprotected in 22 if not conveyed. That's reasonable.

***ask anyone on this board if I'm a fan of bridges :lol: ***

let me be clear, collectively no one on this board particularly cares to trade up and after months of going back and forth - we're all comfortable more or less content with ANYONE in projected in the top 3 and several guys outside of the top 3. hell, if we can trade back and still land OO, Hayes, or Hal we'd throw a parade for Mitch on opening night

take that back to whoever else is asking lol
KGdaBom
RealGM
Posts: 12,130
And1: 2,511
Joined: Jun 22, 2017
         

Re: Prospect Thread: James Wiseman 

Post#644 » by KGdaBom » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:37 pm

James Gatz wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
DY_nasty wrote:cmon breh you were cool before but now you're just being trifling for the hell of it lol

Sorry if you think Bridges is a big deal. That is not the perception around the NBA. Skip the player compensation. Your top 10 protected next year that goes unprotected in 22 if not conveyed. That's reasonable.


Not sure why you're trying to negotiate with us. None of us have control over what happens. Might as well sit back and watch the ride!

It's just fun to speculate. If I were in the Wolves shoes and it was reversed I would have zero problem with giving up the high 2nd rounder. Throwing in Culver I admit would give me pause, but I'd probably do it. It will be fun.
User avatar
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 46,504
And1: 4,093
Joined: Jul 01, 2005

Re: Prospect Thread: James Wiseman 

Post#645 » by BigSlam » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:54 pm

KGdaBom wrote:Bridges and 32 is what's rumored so not huge at all.

I'd trade Bridges and #32 for #1 - absolutely.

Take Wiseman #1
Hope Edwards drops to #3

Nice.

Good offer KGdaBom. Well thought out. I like it. Nice work. Well done.
BBMF'ers
User avatar
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 32,187
And1: 13,108
Joined: Jul 24, 2004
Location: House of Diop
 

Re: Prospect Thread: James Wiseman 

Post#646 » by Diop » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:55 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
James Gatz wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Sorry if you think Bridges is a big deal. That is not the perception around the NBA. Skip the player compensation. Your top 10 protected next year that goes unprotected in 22 if not conveyed. That's reasonable.


Not sure why you're trying to negotiate with us. None of us have control over what happens. Might as well sit back and watch the ride!

It's just fun to speculate. If I were in the Wolves shoes and it was reversed I would have zero problem with giving up the high 2nd rounder. Throwing in Culver I admit would give me pause, but I'd probably do it. It will be fun.

its too tight a top 3 for me to want to give anything of value really
Image
Braggins
RealGM
Posts: 11,007
And1: 5,639
Joined: Jan 05, 2014
 

Re: Prospect Thread: James Wiseman 

Post#647 » by Braggins » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:59 pm

James Gatz wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
DY_nasty wrote:cmon breh you were cool before but now you're just being trifling for the hell of it lol

Sorry if you think Bridges is a big deal. That is not the perception around the NBA. Skip the player compensation. Your top 10 protected next year that goes unprotected in 22 if not conveyed. That's reasonable.


Not sure why you're trying to negotiate with us. None of us have control over what happens. Might as well sit back and watch the ride!

Thats not true. Mitch Kupchak bases his decisions on MasterIchiro's posts.

I also used to have a theory that he was Rich Cho (masteRICHirO). If this theory is true then that means that Rich Cho is still controlling the front office behind the scenes.
KGdaBom
RealGM
Posts: 12,130
And1: 2,511
Joined: Jun 22, 2017
         

Re: Prospect Thread: James Wiseman 

Post#648 » by KGdaBom » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:00 am

BigSlam wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Bridges and 32 is what's rumored so not huge at all.

I'd trade Bridges and #32 for #1 - absolutely.

Take Wiseman #1
Hope Edwards drops to #3

Nice.

Good offer KGdaBom. Well thought out. I like it. Nice work. Well done.

Duh. I figured some idiot would go there. :lol:
User avatar
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 16,847
And1: 9,952
Joined: Mar 20, 2013
   

Re: Prospect Thread: James Wiseman 

Post#649 » by yosemiteben » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:04 am

Braggins wrote:I also used to have a theory that he was Rich Cho (masteRICHirO)

Can't believe you kept this a secret, this is gold.
Braggins
RealGM
Posts: 11,007
And1: 5,639
Joined: Jan 05, 2014
 

Re: Prospect Thread: James Wiseman 

Post#650 » by Braggins » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:07 am

yosemiteben wrote:
Braggins wrote:I also used to have a theory that he was Rich Cho (masteRICHirO)

Can't believe you kept this a secret, this is gold.

I think I brought it up a couple times back in the day. When you have a scoop like that you can't keep it all to yourself.
User avatar
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 46,504
And1: 4,093
Joined: Jul 01, 2005

Re: Prospect Thread: James Wiseman 

Post#651 » by BigSlam » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:12 am

KGdaBom wrote:
BigSlam wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Bridges and 32 is what's rumored so not huge at all.

I'd trade Bridges and #32 for #1 - absolutely.

Take Wiseman #1
Hope Edwards drops to #3

Nice.

Good offer KGdaBom. Well thought out. I like it. Nice work. Well done.

Duh. I figured some idiot would go there. :lol:

Dude - it's YOUR suggestion that YOU posted.

So who's the idiot?
BBMF'ers
KGdaBom
RealGM
Posts: 12,130
And1: 2,511
Joined: Jun 22, 2017
         

Re: Prospect Thread: James Wiseman 

Post#652 » by KGdaBom » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:46 am

BigSlam wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
BigSlam wrote:I'd trade Bridges and #32 for #1 - absolutely.

Take Wiseman #1
Hope Edwards drops to #3

Nice.

Good offer KGdaBom. Well thought out. I like it. Nice work. Well done.

Duh. I figured some idiot would go there. :lol:

Dude - it's YOUR suggestion that YOU posted.

So who's the idiot?

The #3 coming back was a given. Assumed. You know that kind of thing. I did a LOL emoji after calling you an idiot. Wasn't really serious.
User avatar
JMAC3
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,036
And1: 1,169
Joined: May 22, 2010
     

Re: Prospect Thread: James Wiseman 

Post#653 » by JMAC3 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:04 pm

Is there anyone on the board who wishes we would of drafted Wiseman at 3 still over LaMelo?
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 4,228
And1: 272
Joined: Aug 03, 2002
Location: Gold Coast
Contact:
   

Re: Prospect Thread: James Wiseman 

Post#654 » by luciano-davidwesley » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:17 pm

Still waay too early to 100% say at this stage but if both were available at our pick I'd choose LaMelo now.

Though its moot as Wiseman wasn't available to us. I suspect the FO would have taken Wiseman at the time if they had a choice.
Chapelchilla
Senior
Posts: 679
And1: 334
Joined: Aug 04, 2014
         

Re: Prospect Thread: James Wiseman 

Post#655 » by Chapelchilla » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:03 am

We would have taken Wiseman at 2. I am happy we got Lamelo at 3 though. I think this draft maybe a tiny bit like the Jordan draft. Bowie (edwards) goes first and doesn't live up to the pick. Truthfully, Edwards is not gonna be a bust, but I am not sure how good he actually is. Akeem (Wiseman) goes second and has a great career. Jordan (Lamelo) goes 3rd and is the best of the bunch. To be fair, I don't think Lamelo is 23 level good but hey, one can dream....
User avatar
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 46,504
And1: 4,093
Joined: Jul 01, 2005

Re: Prospect Thread: James Wiseman 

Post#656 » by BigSlam » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:16 pm

JMAC3 wrote:Is there anyone on the board who wishes we would of drafted Wiseman at 3 still over LaMelo?

That wasn't possible, because he wasn't available at #3, so your question couldn't be more redundant.

The questions should be:
1) Is there anyone on the board who wishes we had traded up to #2 to draft Wiseman using #3 and additional assets (like our 2021 1st + a young player like Bridges or PJ) - which you already know the answer to because approx 90% of the board said prior to the draft they would not and were happy to stay at #3 and take whoever was there out of Edwards, Wiseman and Ball.

Or

2) Is there anyone on the board who wishes we had traded down from #3. But even that can't really be answered because we don't know what the deal would have looked like - but with the way he is playing if it included bringing in Haliburton AND Okongwu (depending on how Okongwu looks when he starts to play) that might be a push.
BBMF'ers
User avatar
JMAC3
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,036
And1: 1,169
Joined: May 22, 2010
     

Re: Prospect Thread: James Wiseman 

Post#657 » by JMAC3 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:39 pm

BigSlam wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:Is there anyone on the board who wishes we would of drafted Wiseman at 3 still over LaMelo?

That wasn't possible, because he wasn't available at #3, so your question couldn't be more redundant.

The questions should be:
1) Is there anyone on the board who wishes we had traded up to #2 to draft Wiseman using #3 and additional assets (like our 2021 1st + a young player like Bridges or PJ) - which you already know the answer to because approx 90% of the board said prior to the draft they would not and were happy to stay at #3 and take whoever was there out of Edwards, Wiseman and Ball.

Or

2) Is there anyone on the board who wishes we had traded down from #3. But even that can't really be answered because we don't know what the deal would have looked like - but with the way he is playing if it included bringing in Haliburton AND Okongwu (depending on how Okongwu looks when he starts to play) that might be a push.


Yeah I understand what you are saying, but this was more so just a fantasy land question. If we could have 1 or the other moving forward. Who would you rather have Ball or Wiseman?
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
User avatar
JMAC3
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,036
And1: 1,169
Joined: May 22, 2010
     

Re: Prospect Thread: James Wiseman 

Post#658 » by JMAC3 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:08 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
Yeah I understand what you are saying, but this was more so just a fantasy land question. If we could have 1 or the other moving forward. Who would you rather have Ball or Wiseman?


Mainly asking because Bill Simmons and Russillo did a podcast this week where they talk about the rookies and if they redrafted who their top three would be. Both are extremely high on Wiseman and Haliburton and then after them they have LaMelo 3rd.

For me after watching them play this is my order.
1. LaMelo
2. Haliburton
3. Wiseman
4. Edwards
5. Patrick Williams

I like Simmons a lot, but I think he tries to project out players who can play winning basketball far too early. He said he thinks he can win with Haliburton as a top 3 player on a championship team.... and I am not sure how he can have that view on any of these guys so early.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
Chapelchilla
Senior
Posts: 679
And1: 334
Joined: Aug 04, 2014
         

Re: Prospect Thread: James Wiseman 

Post#659 » by Chapelchilla » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:24 pm

Haliburton has been good but no way in the world I would take him over lamelo. He is probably already near his peak.
User avatar
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 46,504
And1: 4,093
Joined: Jul 01, 2005

Re: Prospect Thread: James Wiseman 

Post#660 » by BigSlam » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:25 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:
Yeah I understand what you are saying, but this was more so just a fantasy land question. If we could have 1 or the other moving forward. Who would you rather have Ball or Wiseman?


Mainly asking because Bill Simmons and Russillo did a podcast this week where they talk about the rookies and if they redrafted who their top three would be. Both are extremely high on Wiseman and Haliburton and then after them they have LaMelo 3rd.

For me after watching them play this is my order.
1. LaMelo
2. Haliburton
3. Wiseman
4. Edwards
5. Patrick Williams

I like Simmons a lot, but I think he tries to project out players who can play winning basketball far too early. He said he thinks he can win with Haliburton as a top 3 player on a championship team.... and I am not sure how he can have that view on any of these guys so early.

Bill Simmons is a knob and has hated Charlotte basketball for about 15 years now.

No way he'd ever say we'd ever done anything good - and putting Melo at #1 on his redraft would suggest that.

He's an arrogant douche bag Charlotte basketball hating butt face.
BBMF'ers

Return to Charlotte Hornets