ImageImage

Prospect Thread: Tyrese Haliburton

Moderators: fatlever, yosemiteben, Diop, BigSlam, JDR720

KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 2,145

Re: Prospect Thread: Tyrese Haliburton 

Post#61 » by KGdaBom » Mon Sep 7, 2020 10:50 am

Stat wise Haliburton is the next Steve Nash with better defense. According to scouting reports his stats are a mirage and he doesn't have the ability to back them up at the NBA level. This is not my opinion. It's just what I've been reading about him.
DY_nasty
Head Coach
And1: 2,562

Post#62 » by DY_nasty » Tue Sep 8, 2020 1:55 am

KGdaBom wrote:Stat wise Haliburton is the next Steve Nash with better defense. According to scouting reports his stats are a mirage and he doesn't have the ability to back them up at the NBA level. This is not my opinion. It's just what I've been reading about him.

Its hard to trust a PG that can't create their own shot when the eyes are on them late
James Gatz
Starter
And1: 247

Post#63 » by James Gatz » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:53 pm

His lack of burst and pullup game make me believe he can never be a primary initiator. He'll likely be a good 4th option who plays plus team defense. I also worry about his size. Weighing in at 175 at 6'5 and not likely to be able to put much more weight on his frame.

FWIW he was 16/57 (28%) from pullup shots this past season. His form/lack of burst makes it difficult for him to get space.
DY_nasty
Head Coach
And1: 2,562

Post#64 » by DY_nasty » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:30 pm

James Gatz wrote:His lack of burst and pullup game make me believe he can never be a primary initiator. He'll likely be a good 4th option who plays plus team defense. I also worry about his size. Weighing in at 175 at 6'5 and not likely to be able to put much more weight on his frame.

FWIW he was 16/57 (28%) from pullup shots this past season. His form/lack of burst makes it difficult for him to get space.

Also kinda hard to get space when you're the primary offensive threat on a team with a bunch of guys who should be D2

He's not a premier athlete in any way though, I'll definitely give him that. All of his time with premier teams shows he can keep with his peers though.

I'm in a weird spot with him. I like everything except his ability to find a shot for himself. Which honestly.... I *personally* don't care about because it should be years until he's looking for his own shot first. And the vast majority of the time, you have to force kids to unlearn bad heroball habits when they come into the league as well.

Love what he does. Just never gonna be comfortable with this type of prospect top 3.

Return to Charlotte Hornets