ImageImage

Adios Amigos - I’m done

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,523

Adios Amigos - I’m done 

Post#1 » by Bassman » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:32 pm

Folks I have been a Hornets fan from the moment there was discussion about trying to get an expansion franchise by George Shinn. Went to lots of games before we moved away in 99. Remained a fan when they were resurrected as Bobcats. I’ve roughed it through all the trying seasons, the plethora of bad draft picks, and enjoyed the relative few really good seasons (the classic years before the move).

I wish you all the very best, but a I am done. This league has inserted politics so deeply into the game that it sucked any joy completely away. I haven’t watched more than one minute of the playoffs. This pro game has been ruined for me.

I understand if any of you feel differently. Frankly I prefer politics be kept out of sports, but the toothpaste is out of the tube. Common respect for our nation, our military, is not politics. Deeper than that, it crosses the rubicon, no matter which “side” it traverses. The NFL and NBA have gone off the deep end, with the NBA leading the charge.

So best wishes to all of you who I’ve followed, read and posted with for these many years. Fats, you’ve been a constant for me since I joined and have really seemed like part of the family. DMutumbo, you and I probably aligned on most everything we ever discussed regarding draft picks, trades, etc! All of you have been a hoot to share with for these many years. It’s hard to leave. Should things change and become all about basketball again, perhaps I’ll return. Whatever your perspective I understand and respect that. Hope you’ll respect mine as well.

Bassman
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
-Ian-
Analyst
And1: 849

Re: Adios Amigos - I’m done 

Post#2 » by -Ian- » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:49 pm

This sucks, man. You're one of the OGs around here. All the best to you.
Hornet Mania
General Manager
And1: 7,402

Post#3 » by Hornet Mania » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:54 pm

Happy trails buddy, I always appreciated reading your contributions through the years.

I hope that someday you can return and enjoy conversations about Hornets basketball once again.
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,340

Post#4 » by MasterIchiro » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:00 pm

Good luck, man. It's a cultural movement that's sweeping up athletes who feel scared for their lives. NBA and NFL are currently elevating protestors and encouraging racial justice and when there are real gains politically, sport will be sport. I think the Yankees still play God Bless America instead of Take Me Out to the Ball Game, 20 years since 9-11.
It has been written...
DY_nasty
General Manager
And1: 4,946

Post#5 » by DY_nasty » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:02 pm

lol "politics"

even not caring is too much work :lol: incredible
driveandkick
Pro Prospect
And1: 434

Post#6 » by driveandkick » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:03 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:Good luck, man. It's a cultural movement that's sweeping up athletes who feel scared for their lives. NBA and NFL are currently elevating protestors and encouraging racial justice and when there are real gains politically, sport will be sport. I think the Yankees still play God Bless America instead of Take Me Out to the Ball Game, 20 years since 9-11.

Yeah and the NFL does a whole month of troop worship every single year lol
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,340

Post#7 » by MasterIchiro » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:04 pm

driveandkick wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:Good luck, man. It's a cultural movement that's sweeping up athletes who feel scared for their lives. NBA and NFL are currently elevating protestors and encouraging racial justice and when there are real gains politically, sport will be sport. I think the Yankees still play God Bless America instead of Take Me Out to the Ball Game, 20 years since 9-11.

Yeah and the NFL does a whole month of troop worship every single year lol

That's it I'm done. I'm not watching football anymore.
It has been written...

Return to Charlotte Hornets