ImageImage

Fake Trade Thread #3

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

RafStone
Freshman
And1: 62

Re: Fake Trade Thread #3 

Post#1341 » by RafStone » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:44 am

Bassman wrote:Also for those thinking having Lonzo here would help us keep LaMelo; I think it’s good for each Ball to carve out their own identity with their own team. That family dynamic was so thick and controlled, it probably seems refreshing to find your own space and place.

This works in a lot of angles. For Charlotte and MJ, this would get them on national tv regularly. Not to mention these two are incredibly high IQ playmakers who have the size, skill, ability to play off of eachother and play the 1 or the 2. The ability for the brothers to play together could keep them in Charlotte where many free agents aren't clamoring to go. For smaller market teams, you have to over pay a bit, so you may pay lonzo 5 million more or whatever yearly than selsewhere, but on the other hand who can you get for thee same amount and the ball brothers with the right leash from a coach(get MDA, the best unlocker of good playmakers) they can pay an exciting brand ball players and can push the ball up in transition and they are both athletic and defensive savvy. There aren't many more promising things for Charlotte's future to bring these two guys together and they are easier to build around since they can playmake so well so get in shooters and finishers and they can do a lot with high useage rates.
stinger14
Starter
And1: 768

Post#1342 » by stinger14 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:07 pm

RafStone wrote:
Bassman wrote:Also for those thinking having Lonzo here would help us keep LaMelo; I think it’s good for each Ball to carve out their own identity with their own team. That family dynamic was so thick and controlled, it probably seems refreshing to find your own space and place.

This works in a lot of angles. For Charlotte and MJ, this would get them on national tv regularly. Not to mention these two are incredibly high IQ playmakers who have the size, skill, ability to play off of eachother and play the 1 or the 2. The ability for the brothers to play together could keep them in Charlotte where many free agents aren't clamoring to go. For smaller market teams, you have to over pay a bit, so you may pay lonzo 5 million more or whatever yearly than selsewhere, but on the other hand who can you get for thee same amount and the ball brothers with the right leash from a coach(get MDA, the best unlocker of good playmakers) they can pay an exciting brand ball players and can push the ball up in transition and they are both athletic and defensive savvy. There aren't many more promising things for Charlotte's future to bring these two guys together and they are easier to build around since they can playmake so well so get in shooters and finishers and they can do a lot with high useage rates.

You mentioned their size and ability to play the 1 and 2, but I want to add that their size gives us the ability to play a 3 guard lineup at times, especially when LaMelo gets stronger.
Soul Rebel
Senior
And1: 372

Post#1343 » by Soul Rebel » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:44 pm

If Hayes isn't part of a package for Lonzo, I don't want it. I'm not a huge fan of pairing them together nor the elder Ball's future per se. I'd want him here because he is still young enough to improve and if playing with him matters to LaMelo, then I want to do whatever within reason to keep our rookie here long-term.

Landing Hayes is the jewel of the deal and would offset any concerns with bringing in Lonzo.

I hope we are sellers at the deadline.
bravor
Starter
And1: 736

Post#1344 » by bravor » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:59 pm

There might be still another option with Wiseman, since gsw is supposed to be interested by Bogdanovic (18/4y). Even though i failed to find a balanced deal which would land Wiseman here.
But the Minny first is pretty seducing too (from what i understood, it's either lottery pick with little protection or a 2022 first without protection ?) even if it implies landing a bad contract.

It makes absolutely no sense to compete for the PO if you consider this is Lamelo's team now.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,649

Post#1345 » by yosemiteben » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:25 pm

It will be super interesting to see if our trade plans are at all impacted by Ball being out. I can see us abruptly pivoting and saying let's get younger and find a core that fits LaMelo's timeline, but can also see us saying "That's why we have all these guards" and chasing the playoffs with just a minor C depth add.

I definitely think this presents us a unique opportunity. We got to see that Ball is a franchise player, something that definitely was not certain this summer. Now we get a bit of a second bite at the apple in terms of rebuild oriented moves.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,089

Post#1346 » by JDR720 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:32 pm

Read on Twitter

Miles for Bagley?
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,146

Post#1347 » by Braggins » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:45 pm

Theres a rumor that Atlanta is making Bogdanivic available. I don't think this is something that would happen, but just for fun, would anyone do a trade centered around Rozier + Biz for Bogdonavich + Okongwu?

Bogs stats so far this season are awful after returning from a pretty rough knee injury and his contract is the same size as Terry's with two extra years, but hes generally been a similar level player and he has legit wing size. He would open up more minutes for Monk/Graham since you can play him at SF unlike Terry. Okongwu is the sweetener and real reason I'd consider something like this.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Fake Trade Thread #3 

Post#1348 » by BigSlam » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:57 pm

However, despite the steady production he’s supplied the Lakers, it doesn’t seem Harrell is an untouchable piece to the rotation, as the Charlotte Hornets have made formal interest in the big man and L.A. has listened, according to Jake Fischer of Bleacher Report:

Charlotte has also called the Lakers about Montrezl Harrell, Los Angeles’ bruising center, sources said, and the reigning champions appear willing to entertain offers.
B B M F 'ers
Soul Rebel
Senior
And1: 372

Post#1349 » by Soul Rebel » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:16 pm

BigSlam wrote:
However, despite the steady production he’s supplied the Lakers, it doesn’t seem Harrell is an untouchable piece to the rotation, as the Charlotte Hornets have made formal interest in the big man and L.A. has listened, according to Jake Fischer of Bleacher Report:

Charlotte has also called the Lakers about Montrezl Harrell, Los Angeles’ bruising center, sources said, and the reigning champions appear willing to entertain offers.

At this point, I'd rather kick the tires on Bamba and let Richards get some more burn.
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,146

Post#1350 » by Braggins » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:11 pm

I really don't understand the front office fixation with Harrell. Hes an empty stats scorer who doesn't space the floor or play defense. Thats not exactly what the Hornets need from their bigs and he also doesn't fit the LaMelo timeline.
RafStone
Freshman

Post#1351 » by RafStone » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:37 pm

stinger14 wrote:
RafStone wrote:

You mentioned their size and ability to play the 1 and 2, but I want to add that their size gives us the ability to play a 3 guard lineup at times, especially when LaMelo gets stronger.

I agree, in this nba they can easily do a 3 guard lineup which can lead to a problem for any team dealing with 3 playmakers where the ball doesn't stick in their hands.
We could get redick, adams. Hayes doesn't make sense for them .he fits their timeline for their star talent and they got him at the 10th pick. I think we often let ideals and 2k trades get in our system, but therers always compromise and how does it make sense for the other side.
New orleans doesn't use Lonzo in a way that optimizes his specific gifts. He has adjusted and become a 3/d who has pushed the ball up, but with a coach who givves a lot of leash he would lead the league in assists..this years. You gotta watch the games, not look at the states because the stats are a result of the context of your useage, offense system, and in my opinion new orleans is selling zion short by not having letting him control the point more and zion will still be great, but it will be harder for him without lonzo there. Lonzo is uncanny in how similar his approach is to jason kidd in that he isn't a ball dominant creator, he sees the floor well and makes hockey assists and the type of player that can just keep a flow going rather than a harden like dominant point guard dribbling and creating well. He is like a conductor, the fact that he improved his shot so fast is a massive bonus on being flexible with his useage with lamelo and then he is or will be an elite defender too.

Its charlotte, you're not going to hit homeruns, we have to over pay zeller, we had to overpay hayward...otherwise he wouldn't have been here, thats the reality until they get some trust and identity in this league. If I'm charlotte, i'm all over lonzo and new orleans not using him right and its a unique opportunity that won't be there for his next contract and if people are trying to be 'fiscally' responsible when you're charlotte that is a great way to cycle mediocrity and i guess if you want keep some change in MJ's pockets. He'll raise the prices on us no doubt as its the business, i don't understand why we are trying to be prudent for him especially when we are just not getting many people wanting to come to charlotte unless the check is way better like hayward.

You have a generational talent possibly in Lamelo, Do it all to keep him, don't be like anthony davis with new orleans. The dude dealt with mediocre point guards and moving pieces all while he wanted to stay. Their most successful year was with Rondo and he publicly said it made a massive difference having him, rondo himself said he'd even consider a discount to stay...ownership didnt make an offer, we got 'elfrid payton' perhaps there stats were similar and he was younger, but you have to consider all the context. Ad was soon gone with all their blunders and it wasn't premeditated before new orleans showed an incompetence in how they manage to waste away these short nba careers. Lamelo is a publicity gold mind, seat and rating guy, and hes a damn smart basketball player with loads of potential if we surround him right. Neither him and lonzo are guys you give the ball to and get out of the way like harden, but they can if surrounded by complimentary pieces make a winner. Huge chance for charolotte gettinghim at the no 3, now better act because players aren't going to wait. You got 7 years from now to his second extension when it makes financial sense for players to jump ship. After lonzo's experience, the ball family knows it may not even be worth the first extension if they are not using him right.
spankymoore7
Rookie
And1: 324

Post#1352 » by spankymoore7 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:46 pm

yosemiteben wrote:I can see us abruptly pivoting and saying let's get younger and find a core that fits LaMelo's timeline, but can also see us saying "That's why we have all these guards" and chasing the playoffs with just a minor C depth add.

I'm hoping it's the former. Everything but LaMelo and probably Hayward's contract should be available
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,649

Post#1353 » by yosemiteben » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:08 pm

I'll just be over here silently cheering for the deal that Ainge should have done of sending Hayward to IND for Turner and a pick.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,536

Post#1354 » by HornetJail » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:30 pm

yosemiteben wrote:I'll just be over here silently cheering for the deal that Ainge should have done of sending Hayward to IND for Turner and a pick.

I would be overjoyed if we even got a straight swap
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
geraldwallace
Junior
And1: 271

Post#1355 » by geraldwallace » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:33 am

geraldwallace
Junior
And1: 271

Post#1356 » by geraldwallace » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:35 am

[Shams] Several teams have expressed interest in Kings center Richaun Holmes, including Toronto and Charlotte, sources said.
vexco
Pro Prospect
And1: 183

Post#1357 » by vexco » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:17 am

I'm still on board with trying to get Turner.
mapquest me
Roll Tide 09
Bench Warmer
And1: 439

Post#1358 » by Roll Tide 09 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:17 am

Bringing in Turner and Lonzo would be ideal. We need to remain competitive...even if it’s a 1st round exit this year. The losing mentality of this newer Hornet’s organization needs to cease if we want any hope of retaining our rising star. I’ve watched and waited since 2004 for this moment and I really hope the front office doesn’t fumble the opportunity.
IG: @theonlylogicalthinker
IG: @arisethecompany

Twitter: @arisethecompany

RafStone
Freshman

Post#1359 » by RafStone » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:10 am

Roll Tide 09 wrote:Bringing in Turner and Lonzo would be ideal. We need to remain competitive...even if it’s a 1st round exit this year. The losing mentality of this newer Hornet’s organization needs to cease if we want any hope of retaining our rising star. I’ve watched and waited since 2004 for this moment and I really hope the front office doesn’t fumble the opportunity.

Exactly, now with Lamelo, they can change the perception, identity, and culture of this team. Hayward wasn't worth his contract, but he is a high quality player and it shows the culture changing to get talent here and try to win games. Lonzo and Turner both take pride in defense and can help now and also for the next 5+ years. Turner can finish inside and spread the court. With PJ and hayward, lamelo, lonzo, Turner that would be a headache lineup for most teams with defense, shooting, willing playmakers, and athletic run and gun as well. This is the time for Charlotte, a move bringing in lonzo and from then either allen, turner, mamba would all flourish better with these playmakers.
dmutombo321
Sixth Man
And1: 365

Post#1360 » by dmutombo321 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:51 pm

Turner would be great but Indy is going to insist on more than clt willing to pay.

Memphis commercial appeal reports that grizz likely to buy out Dieng if they can't find a trade partner by the deadline.

An opportunity to start and showcase himself on a team making a playoff push should appeal to him. He's better than any center hornets currently have in the roster and whenever he gets meaningful minutes, he delivers.

Sent from my moto g power using RealGM mobile app

Return to Charlotte Hornets