ImageImage

Fake Trade Thread #3

Moderators: fatlever, yosemiteben, JDR720, Diop, BigSlam

User avatar
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
Posts: 35,851
And1: 12,237
Joined: Dec 29, 2008
Location: Asheville, NC
   

Re: Fake Trade Thread #3 

Post#1961 » by Liver_Pooty » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:04 am

KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:
JDR720 wrote:PJ + Ish + 2nd + McDaniels for Theis + Tate

Theis is probably around neutral value, probably a 2nd... this is a wild overpay for either him or Tate, or both.

Plumlee and 2 2nds for Theis is probably something both teams should accept.


This.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
spankymoore7
Pro Prospect
Posts: 761
And1: 204
Joined: Apr 23, 2010

Re: Fake Trade Thread #3 

Post#1962 » by spankymoore7 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:51 pm

Plumlee's per 36 minutes numbers this year have him as a better rebounder and shot blocker than Theis...I wouldn't trade them for each other straight up, let alone throw in draft picks
User avatar
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
Posts: 35,851
And1: 12,237
Joined: Dec 29, 2008
Location: Asheville, NC
   

Re: Fake Trade Thread #3 

Post#1963 » by Liver_Pooty » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:16 pm

I guess I'll keep beating the Ben Simmoms drum. Sixers supposedly would be interested in a Simmons for Jeremi Grant swap. Hayward for Simmons. It's a risk I'd take.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
User avatar
KEMBAtheMETEOR
RealGM
Posts: 40,225
And1: 9,151
Joined: Feb 05, 2012
Location: 64000 inches high
   

Re: Fake Trade Thread #3 

Post#1964 » by KEMBAtheMETEOR » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:21 pm

Liver_Pooty wrote:I guess I'll keep beating the Ben Simmoms drum. Sixers supposedly would be interested in a Simmons for Jeremi Grant swap. Hayward for Simmons. It's a risk I'd take.

If Hayward is all it takes, then sign me up
User avatar
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
Posts: 35,851
And1: 12,237
Joined: Dec 29, 2008
Location: Asheville, NC
   

Re: Fake Trade Thread #3 

Post#1965 » by Liver_Pooty » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:13 pm

KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:I guess I'll keep beating the Ben Simmoms drum. Sixers supposedly would be interested in a Simmons for Jeremi Grant swap. Hayward for Simmons. It's a risk I'd take.

If Hayward is all it takes, then sign me up


May take a little bit more but it's so hard to get a talent like that to a small market. Him and Miles on the wing would be devastating defensively
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
User avatar
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 17,780
And1: 11,318
Joined: Mar 20, 2013
   

Re: Fake Trade Thread #3 

Post#1966 » by yosemiteben » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:53 pm

Yeah, I'd probably be willing to roll the dice on Simmons and give some value, but I would really have to think through what the rotation looks like with him and Melo. Is Simmons ball dominant, or can he be effective off-ball or in a movement oriented offense?

Conspiracy theorist in me is wondering if we are holding off on addressing our big rotation because of interest in Simmons. Not sure how sustainable a small ball lineup is, but rolling with small ball big rotation consisting of Miles - PJ - Simmons - McDaniels is super interesting.

I just really don't see us moving Gordo, cuts against our DNA. Will be really surprising if we do.
User avatar
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
Posts: 35,851
And1: 12,237
Joined: Dec 29, 2008
Location: Asheville, NC
   

Re: Fake Trade Thread #3 

Post#1967 » by Liver_Pooty » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:11 pm

yosemiteben wrote:Yeah, I'd probably be willing to roll the dice on Simmons and give some value, but I would really have to think through what the rotation looks like with him and Melo. Is Simmons ball dominant, or can he be effective off-ball or in a movement oriented offense?

Conspiracy theorist in me is wondering if we are holding off on addressing our big rotation because of interest in Simmons. Not sure how sustainable a small ball lineup is, but rolling with small ball big rotation consisting of Miles - PJ - Simmons - McDaniels is super interesting.

I just really don't see us moving Gordo, cuts against our DNA. Will be really surprising if we do.


Would have to give up Rozier or Hayward. I only picked Hayward due to health concerns and when healthy probably has more value. I haven't watched enough sixers games to really gauge how ball dominant Simmons is. Maybe ichiro can chime in on that
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
Roll Tide 09
Rookie
Posts: 1,087
And1: 360
Joined: Jun 24, 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact:
       

Re: Fake Trade Thread #3 

Post#1968 » by Roll Tide 09 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:55 am

I just want to flip Washington for a 1st round draft pick. He can complete his contract, but his drama ruins our chemistry when he plays.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
IG: @theonlylogicalthinker
IG: @arisethecompany

Twitter: @arisethecompany

Website: www.arisethecompany.com
spankymoore7
Pro Prospect
Posts: 761
And1: 204
Joined: Apr 23, 2010

Re: Fake Trade Thread #3 

Post#1969 » by spankymoore7 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:39 pm

Roll Tide 09 wrote:I just want to flip Washington for a 1st round draft pick. He can complete his contract, but his drama ruins our chemistry when he plays.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums


I haven't heard reports of anyone on the team having issues playing with him at all
User avatar
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 17,780
And1: 11,318
Joined: Mar 20, 2013
   

Re: Fake Trade Thread #3 

Post#1970 » by yosemiteben » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:03 pm

spankymoore7 wrote:
Roll Tide 09 wrote:I just want to flip Washington for a 1st round draft pick. He can complete his contract, but his drama ruins our chemistry when he plays.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums


I haven't heard reports of anyone on the team having issues playing with him at all
Yeah I don't think there's any support (either statistical or anecdotal) to the theory that we play worse with PJ.
User avatar
Snidely FC
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,243
And1: 2,369
Joined: Jan 19, 2011
Location: Asheville, NC
 

Re: Fake Trade Thread #3 

Post#1971 » by Snidely FC » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:19 pm

Trade PJ to PHI for Charles Bassey
Rich4114
General Manager
Posts: 9,262
And1: 3,371
Joined: Mar 11, 2004
Location: PA
   

Re: Fake Trade Thread #3 

Post#1972 » by Rich4114 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:33 pm

I feel like there are a ton of ways we can upgrade the C spot. Siakam, Mo Bamba, Wood, etc.
User avatar
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
Posts: 13,676
And1: 5,951
Joined: Jun 14, 2004
Location: Servant to lord Bargnani
   

Re: Fake Trade Thread #3 

Post#1973 » by amcoolio » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:54 am

Bamba would be a dream. Orlando ain't trading him to us though.
Image
GoBobs
Analyst
Posts: 3,241
And1: 954
Joined: Jul 13, 2009

Re: Fake Trade Thread #3 

Post#1974 » by GoBobs » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:15 am

amcoolio wrote:Bamba would be a dream. Orlando ain't trading him to us though.


I don't know. I have liked him for a long time. Love the measurements. Stats are kind of ok, kind of meh.

Watching him play though, he looks really awkward. I don't think he will ever be good. He is way to skinny. Not a banger. Not balanced. Low bbiq, doesn't know where to stand or what to do. Doesn't play with any motor or feel for the game.
bravor
Starter
Posts: 2,111
And1: 551
Joined: Dec 30, 2015
 

Re: Fake Trade Thread #3 

Post#1975 » by bravor » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:57 am

Snidely FC wrote:Trade PJ to PHI for Charles Bassey



He's a second rounder, but yes, again Kupchak could have gotten a playable center (last year it was Tillman) for a 2nd pick (instead of Thor obviously).

No way tou trade pj for him though. The problem with PJ is not his skillset, it's how he's gonna handle his private life without messing up his job efficiency. At the very least, you try to sell high and make him recover a good impact on the court.

It's not like Charlotte is competing for the ring. And worst, it's not like Hornets can waste the few assets they have knowing they still dont have Hayward's replacement (no, it's not Bridges).
User avatar
MPM
Veteran
Posts: 2,843
And1: 1,299
Joined: Mar 21, 2009
Location: Mouse Town
     

Re: Fake Trade Thread #3 

Post#1976 » by MPM » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:26 pm

I like Thor and Lewis - think they both have potential, Thor a lot of it - but still desperately wanted Bassey at 37 or Sims at 56.

A Thor/Sims or Bassey/Lewis second round would've been perfection. Ship sailed, milk spilt.

How does this relate to fake trades? It doesn't. I'll go away now.
User avatar
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 36,069
And1: 32,887
Joined: Jul 09, 2013
     

Re: Fake Trade Thread #3 

Post#1977 » by JDR720 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:32 am

Bouknight, Plumlee, McDaniels + 1st for Sabonis
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,933
And1: 1,695
Joined: Sep 22, 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Fake Trade Thread #3 

Post#1978 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:53 am

JDR720 wrote:Bouknight, Plumlee, McDaniels + 1st for Sabonis

I would do it, but don't have any sense that the Pacers are selling on Sabonis.
My picks:
2020 Draft (3rd pick) - Tyrese Haliburton, Devin Vassell, or Onyeka Okongwu
2021 Draft (11th pick) - Moses Moody
LofJ
RealGM
Posts: 10,399
And1: 8,319
Joined: Mar 29, 2014
   

Re: Fake Trade Thread #3 

Post#1979 » by LofJ » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:57 pm

I think Orlando will definitely listen to offers for Bamba at the trade deadline. They already locked up Carter and the top 5 of this draft is big heavy, so in other words I highly doubt Bamba will get paid by the Magic. The problem is the fact that we play in the same division, so they are likely going to be hesitant to trade him here.

I bet the Pelicans would be tempted to get their pick(s) back by sending Hayes here though. Their player development is putrid, if we could get him for Carey and their pick we should go for it.

With him, Richards, Kai, and Thor in the development pipeline I'd be confident that at least one of them will become a quality starter.
User avatar
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 49,492
And1: 7,011
Joined: Jul 01, 2005

Re: Fake Trade Thread #3 

Post#1980 » by BigSlam » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:43 pm

LofJ wrote:I think Orlando will definitely listen to offers for Bamba at the trade deadline. They already locked up Carter and the top 5 of this draft is big heavy, so in other words I highly doubt Bamba will get paid by the Magic. The problem is the fact that we play in the same division, so they are likely going to be hesitant to trade him here.

I bet the Pelicans would be tempted to get their pick(s) back by sending Hayes here though. Their player development is putrid, if we could get him for Carey and their pick we should go for it.

With him, Richards, Kai, and Thor in the development pipeline I'd be confident that at least one of them will become a quality starter.

Why all the confidence in Hayes, but not in Carey?
B B M F 'ers

Return to Charlotte Hornets