ImageImage

Fake Trade Thread #3

Moderators: BigSlam, JDR720, fatlever, yosemiteben, Diop

Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,830
And1: 1,584
Joined: Sep 22, 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Fake Trade Thread #3 

Post#301 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:41 pm

316Hornets wrote:I don't hate it..

I do. PJ inclusion kills it for me.
My picks:
2020 Draft - Tyrese Haliburton, Devin Vassell, or Onyeka Okongwu
User avatar
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 45,563
And1: 3,330
Joined: Jul 01, 2005

Re: Fake Trade Thread #3 

Post#302 » by BigSlam » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:54 pm

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BBMF'ers
User avatar
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 45,563
And1: 3,330
Joined: Jul 01, 2005

Re: Fake Trade Thread #3 

Post#303 » by BigSlam » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:16 pm

mpharris36 wrote:....

What about:

Rozier
for
Knox II

with you guys adding a slight sweetener? Maybe one of those 2021 1st round pick swaps you suggested last night?
BBMF'ers
UNCNYC
Veteran
Posts: 2,770
And1: 489
Joined: Jun 09, 2014
       

Re: Fake Trade Thread #3 

Post#304 » by UNCNYC » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:27 pm

BigSlam wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:....

What about:

Rozier
for
Knox II

with you guys adding a slight sweetener? Maybe one of those 2021 1st round pick swaps you suggested last night?


No Rozier is way more valuable than Knox

I would rather do Graham for Mitchel Robinson

LaMelo / Rozier
Hayward / Martin / Riller
Bridges / McDaniels
PJ / Zeller
Robinson / Carey / Richards
UPDATED 11-21-2020

3 - Tyrell Terry - + future 1st

32 - Tyler Bey

56 - Isaiah Joe, Ty'shon Alexander

L Stevens, D Dotson, Rayshaun Hamm, Josh Hall, K Mane, Hinton, Mason J, Cumberland

Sleepers - Mays, Scrubb, Elleby, Krejci

Lwcasu
Senior
Posts: 716
And1: 252
Joined: Apr 10, 2014
Location: China
         

Re: Fake Trade Thread #3 

Post#305 » by Lwcasu » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:50 pm

UNCNYC wrote:
BigSlam wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:....

What about:

Rozier
for
Knox II

with you guys adding a slight sweetener? Maybe one of those 2021 1st round pick swaps you suggested last night?


No Rozier is way more valuable than Knox

I would rather do Graham for Mitchel Robinson

LaMelo / Rozier
Hayward / Martin / Riller
Bridges / McDaniels
PJ / Zeller
Robinson / Carey / Richards


And Robinson is way more valuable than Graham lol.
User avatar
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 73,621
And1: 48,117
Joined: Nov 03, 2010
     

Re: Fake Trade Thread #3 

Post#306 » by mpharris36 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:06 pm

BigSlam wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:....

What about:

Rozier
for
Knox II

with you guys adding a slight sweetener? Maybe one of those 2021 1st round pick swaps you suggested last night?


I disklike knox. But I personally wouldn't take Rozier for free. He's not a long term option for us at guard and he has that extra year on his contract. It looks right now through the few offseason moves we made we are punting the season. Which is a good thing. We didn't sign anyone to long term deals so the direction looks to be the 2021 offseason for us.
BAF Spurs:

ROSTER

James Wiseman/Chris Boucher/Aleksej Pokuševski
Michael Porter Jr/Patrick Williams/Chandler Hutchinson
Isaac Okoro/Josh Green/Matt Thomas
Devin Vassell/Isaiah Joe/PJ Dozier
Tyrese Haliburton/Frank Ntilikina/

Suspended - Terence Davis
User avatar
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 45,563
And1: 3,330
Joined: Jul 01, 2005

Re: Fake Trade Thread #3 

Post#307 » by BigSlam » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:26 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
BigSlam wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:....

What about:

Rozier
for
Knox II

with you guys adding a slight sweetener? Maybe one of those 2021 1st round pick swaps you suggested last night?


I disklike knox. But I personally wouldn't take Rozier for free. He's not a long term option for us at guard and he has that extra year on his contract. It looks right now through the few offseason moves we made we are punting the season. Which is a good thing. We didn't sign anyone to long term deals so the direction looks to be the 2021 offseason for us.

Like you, I’m not a fan of Knox - but thought maybe a change of scenery and all that usual “upside, upside, upside!!” stuff!!

Because the Knicks were in on Terry last summer, and still have a serious hole at PG, I wondered if Terry might still be of interest to you now.

With the way he can slither through the paint I actually think he’d be really good for Toppin drawing defenders and getting Toppin open looks.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BBMF'ers
User avatar
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 73,621
And1: 48,117
Joined: Nov 03, 2010
     

Re: Fake Trade Thread #3 

Post#308 » by mpharris36 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:29 pm

BigSlam wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
BigSlam wrote:What about:

Rozier
for
Knox II

with you guys adding a slight sweetener? Maybe one of those 2021 1st round pick swaps you suggested last night?


I disklike knox. But I personally wouldn't take Rozier for free. He's not a long term option for us at guard and he has that extra year on his contract. It looks right now through the few offseason moves we made we are punting the season. Which is a good thing. We didn't sign anyone to long term deals so the direction looks to be the 2021 offseason for us.

Like you, I’m not a fan of Knox - but thought maybe a change of scenery and all that usual “upside, upside, upside!!” stuff!!

Because the Knicks were in on Terry last summer, and still have a serious hole at PG, I wondered if Terry might still be of interest to you now.

With the way he can slither through the paint I actually think he’d be really good for Toppin drawing defenders and getting Toppin open looks.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


That was only for a Randle for Rozier swap though last year. And that was with dummy steve mills running the show and he has since been fired.
BAF Spurs:

ROSTER

James Wiseman/Chris Boucher/Aleksej Pokuševski
Michael Porter Jr/Patrick Williams/Chandler Hutchinson
Isaac Okoro/Josh Green/Matt Thomas
Devin Vassell/Isaiah Joe/PJ Dozier
Tyrese Haliburton/Frank Ntilikina/

Suspended - Terence Davis
LofJ
General Manager
Posts: 9,419
And1: 6,882
Joined: Mar 29, 2014
   

Re: Fake Trade Thread #3 

Post#309 » by LofJ » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:42 pm

Zeller traded to Boston as part of the Hayward sign and trade and Rozier to Orlando for Fournier. My sanity is saved because we don't have to stretch Batum and we have enough cap space to give a big one year deal to Cousins.

Graham/Monk/Riller
Fournier/Ball/Martin
Hayward/Martin/McDaniels
Washington/Bridges
Cousins/Carey/Richards

Fournier, Batum, and Cousins all expire at the end of the season. We have enough cap space to sign a max free agent or facilitate trades using our cap space for draft compensation.
UNCNYC
Veteran
Posts: 2,770
And1: 489
Joined: Jun 09, 2014
       

Re: Fake Trade Thread #3 

Post#310 » by UNCNYC » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:48 pm

Lwcasu wrote:
UNCNYC wrote:
BigSlam wrote:What about:

Rozier
for
Knox II

with you guys adding a slight sweetener? Maybe one of those 2021 1st round pick swaps you suggested last night?


No Rozier is way more valuable than Knox

I would rather do Graham for Mitchel Robinson

LaMelo / Rozier
Hayward / Martin / Riller
Bridges / McDaniels
PJ / Zeller
Robinson / Carey / Richards


And Robinson is way more valuable than Graham lol.

I thought i'd give it a shot lol
UPDATED 11-21-2020

3 - Tyrell Terry - + future 1st

32 - Tyler Bey

56 - Isaiah Joe, Ty'shon Alexander

L Stevens, D Dotson, Rayshaun Hamm, Josh Hall, K Mane, Hinton, Mason J, Cumberland

Sleepers - Mays, Scrubb, Elleby, Krejci

User avatar
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
Posts: 45,563
And1: 3,330
Joined: Jul 01, 2005

Re: Fake Trade Thread #3 

Post#311 » by BigSlam » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:50 pm

LofJ wrote:Zeller traded to Boston as part of the Hayward sign and trade and Rozier to Orlando for Fournier. My sanity is saved because we don't have to stretch Batum and we have enough cap space to give a big one year deal to Cousins.

Graham/Monk/Riller
Fournier/Ball/Martin
Hayward/Martin/McDaniels
Washington/Bridges
Cousins/Carey/Richards

Fournier, Batum, and Cousins all expire at the end of the season. We have enough cap space to sign a max free agent or facilitate trades using our cap space for draft compensation.

Why on Earth would you want to give a big deal to Cousins??

Even for 1 year? Even for 1 day!!

I wouldn’t go near Cousins and would much rather Cody on his 1 year deal than Cousins.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BBMF'ers
LofJ
General Manager
Posts: 9,419
And1: 6,882
Joined: Mar 29, 2014
   

Re: Fake Trade Thread #3 

Post#312 » by LofJ » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:55 pm

BigSlam wrote:
LofJ wrote:Zeller traded to Boston as part of the Hayward sign and trade and Rozier to Orlando for Fournier. My sanity is saved because we don't have to stretch Batum and we have enough cap space to give a big one year deal to Cousins.

Graham/Monk/Riller
Fournier/Ball/Martin
Hayward/Martin/McDaniels
Washington/Bridges
Cousins/Carey/Richards

Fournier, Batum, and Cousins all expire at the end of the season. We have enough cap space to sign a max free agent or facilitate trades using our cap space for draft compensation.

Why on Earth would you want to give a big deal to Cousins??

Even for 1 year? Even for 1 day!!

I wouldn’t go near Cousins and would much rather Cody on his 1 year deal than Cousins.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


This is avoid having to stretch Batum and soften the cap blow of Hayward by moving Rozier for an expiring. Cousins issues have always been overstated, he just let's his emotions get the better of him on the court too often.
User avatar
JMAC3
Analyst
Posts: 3,550
And1: 972
Joined: May 22, 2010
     

Re: Fake Trade Thread #3 

Post#313 » by JMAC3 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:10 pm

Lwcasu wrote:
And Robinson is way more valuable than Graham lol.


Robinson has the most fake value I have ever seen haha.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
User avatar
Benjamin Linus
Starter
Posts: 2,013
And1: 678
Joined: May 22, 2008

Re: Fake Trade Thread #3 

Post#314 » by Benjamin Linus » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:27 pm

What about some deal involving Terry for THJ?

Dallas just added a bunch of wings (Josh Richardson, Josh Green, and Wesley Iwundu) and lost Seth Curry. We could use an actual SG to put next to Devonte' and Hayward. Both make the same this year. Although THJ comes off the books at the end of the season, so I'm guessing we'd have to add some sweetener to the deal?

Edit - scratch that. Dallas is trying to keep that capspace open for next offseason.
User avatar
316Hornets
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,803
And1: 2,443
Joined: Jun 26, 2015
Location: Milky Way
   

Re: Fake Trade Thread #3 

Post#315 » by 316Hornets » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:54 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
Lwcasu wrote:
And Robinson is way more valuable than Graham lol.


Robinson has the most fake value I have ever seen haha.


I feel like the Knicks are trying to bait some poor team into trading valuable assets for him. Most of his minutes come against the other teams scrubs and most of his shots are wide open dunks. Just from a glance at his stats, you'd think he was the next Shaq. But, once you really see where those stats come from, he'd be lucky to find a starting job somewhere.
LofJ
General Manager
Posts: 9,419
And1: 6,882
Joined: Mar 29, 2014
   

Re: Fake Trade Thread #3 

Post#316 » by LofJ » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:53 pm

Rozier, Zeller for Buddy Hield

We get a better fitting piece in Hield and clear current cap to avoid stretching Batum. The Kings clear future cap so they can match the deal Bogdan just received.
User avatar
KEMBAtheMETEOR
RealGM
Posts: 38,360
And1: 7,798
Joined: Feb 05, 2012
Location: The 704
   

Re: Fake Trade Thread #3 

Post#317 » by KEMBAtheMETEOR » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:04 pm

LofJ wrote:Rozier, Zeller for Buddy Hield

We get a better fitting piece in Hield and clear current cap to avoid stretching Batum. The Kings clear future cap so they can match the deal Bogdan just received.

I don't think Hield is significantly better than Rozier so I'd pass on his 4-year contract.
I really hate this team
LofJ
General Manager
Posts: 9,419
And1: 6,882
Joined: Mar 29, 2014
   

Re: Fake Trade Thread #3 

Post#318 » by LofJ » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:10 pm

KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:
LofJ wrote:Rozier, Zeller for Buddy Hield

We get a better fitting piece in Hield and clear current cap to avoid stretching Batum. The Kings clear future cap so they can match the deal Bogdan just received.

I don't think Hield is significantly better than Rozier so I'd pass on his 4-year contract.


If we want to open up additional cap space without attaching draft compensation this is the kind of trade we need to make. I think we're kidding ourselves if we think the Knicks will bail us out. But maybe something will still be worked out with the Celtics, we'll see I guess.
User avatar
SWedd523
General Manager
Posts: 9,013
And1: 1,462
Joined: Jul 07, 2009
   

Re: Fake Trade Thread #3 

Post#319 » by SWedd523 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:11 pm

LofJ wrote:Rozier, Zeller for Buddy Hield

We get a better fitting piece in Hield and clear current cap to avoid stretching Batum. The Kings clear future cap so they can match the deal Bogdan just received.

I see a lot of people talking about trading Zeller for more guards and wings

Am I stupid or do we have way more guards and wings on the roster than bigs?

There's already going to be a weird rotation with Graham, Ball, Rozier, Monk, Hayward, Miles, Martin Twins, Riller

That's 9 dudes fighting for minutes at 3 positions


Then we have......PJ, Cody, and...... McDaniels? Two second round rookies? That's scary. Lose Zeller and **** starts getting silly
Image
User avatar
SWedd523
General Manager
Posts: 9,013
And1: 1,462
Joined: Jul 07, 2009
   

Re: Fake Trade Thread #3 

Post#320 » by SWedd523 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:13 pm

Like I get that a bunch of y'all super undervalue bigs, but the current 4/5 rotation is possibly the worst in the entire league
Image

Return to Charlotte Hornets