ImageImage

Fake Trade Thread #3

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,162

Re: Fake Trade Thread #3 

Post#781 » by JMAC3 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:05 pm

yosemiteben wrote:Less relevant but for me interesting question - if we traded for someone like Drummond, would we drop the zone defense scheme when he's on the floor? I'm not sure if we're playing zone just because of our roster, or if it's a scheme we want to stick with and we'll try to target guys that compliment the scheme.

This is a great point and I was thinking the other day that Zeller, Biz and PJ are all able to get out and hedge or switch which is the defensive principals we use in our man to man defense.

Guys like McGee and Drummond I believe play the drop coverage against screen and roll. One of the reasons I was a fan of Nance because I believe he is mobile enough to play our defense, but doubt Cavs are looking to move him, he plays mainly PF for them and the only other guy they have there is the MIA Kevin Love.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#782 » by JMAC3 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:36 pm

I have been looking at deals that small assets for small assets and deals that are big assets for a bunch of assets, but one thing I haven't look at is trying to use Zeller expiring as an asset. So here are a few ideas.

Zeller and a second to Pacers for Jeremy Lamb and Goga Bitazde.

Pacers clear Lamb 10.5 million owed next year and get a guy who can help them now in the playoffs. Opens cap space for them this summer and gives them a Hoosier to replace Victor Oladipo. Hornets sacrifice cap space this summer, but add a solid young big and a wing who can improve our bench unit.

Zeller and second to Bulls for Satoransky and Wendell Carter Jr.

Bulls save 10 million next summer by getting expiring for Satoransky and they avoid having to pay WCJ if they do not think he is the answer. They can use Zeller at center rest of the year and use that money this summer to sign a big name guy to go with core of White, Lavine, Williams and Markannen. Hornets obviously get young Center and Satoransky isn't great, but his size at 6-7 matches up with our smaller guards in Graham, Rozier and Monk. Again this one kind of tanks our salary cap this summer but we get WCJ for that.
Big Board
James Gatz
Veteran
And1: 693

Post#783 » by James Gatz » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:39 pm

JMAC3 wrote:I have been looking at deals that small assets for small assets and deals that are big assets for a bunch of assets, but one thing I haven't look at is trying to use Zeller expiring as an asset. So here are a few ideas.

Zeller and a second to Pacers for Jeremy Lamb and Goga Bitazde.

Pacers clear Lamb 10.5 million owed next year and get a guy who can help them now in the playoffs. Opens cap space for them this summer and gives them a Hoosier to replace Victor Oladipo. Hornets sacrifice cap space this summer, but add a solid young big and a wing who can improve our bench unit.

Zeller and second to Bulls for Satoransky and Wendell Carter Jr.

Bulls save 10 million next summer by getting expiring for Satoransky and they avoid having to pay WCJ if they do not think he is the answer. They can use Zeller at center rest of the year and use that money this summer to sign a big name guy to go with core of White, Lavine, Williams and Markannen. Hornets obviously get young Center and Satoransky isn't great, but his size at 6-7 matches up with our smaller guards in Graham, Rozier and Monk. Again this one kind of tanks our salary cap this summer but we get WCJ for that.

I'd make both of these deals but I don't think either team is going to give up on young lottery talent for small contract relief and a 2nd.
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,236

Post#784 » by amcoolio » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:08 pm

Bulls continue to flounder, we need to steal Lauri while we can. Graham for Lauri is almost too perfect a trade for both teams. PJ and Lauri can work as the front court
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
Soul Rebel
Senior
And1: 372

Post#785 » by Soul Rebel » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:24 pm

The Bulls and Cavs look like prime partners to trade with so we can get a big.

I would love WCJ or Markkanen. I'd also be happy with prying away Allen.

I think at some point we have to depart with one of Graham/Rozier/Monk/Martin 1 or 2. With Graham's contract coming up can we afford to pay he or Rozier to be a 6th man, while our gaping abyss at center is what is losing games for us?
amcoolio

Post#786 » by amcoolio » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:25 pm

Also WCJ is not worth any assets. He just doesn’t have it. Will have a John Henson like career
DY_nasty
General Manager
And1: 4,946

Post#787 » by DY_nasty » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:40 pm

amcoolio wrote:Also WCJ is not worth any assets. He just doesn’t have it. Will have a John Henson like career

i would take WCJ or John Henson

hell. what's samuel dalembert up to these days?
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,170

Post#788 » by SWedd523 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:11 pm

amcoolio wrote:Bulls continue to flounder, we need to steal Lauri while we can. Graham for Lauri is almost too perfect a trade for both teams. PJ and Lauri can work as the front court

Why would the Bulls want Graham?
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,146

Post#789 » by Braggins » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:21 pm

I don't think the Bulls would want to trade Lauri in general.
amcoolio

Post#790 » by amcoolio » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:43 pm

SWedd523 wrote:
amcoolio wrote:Bulls continue to flounder, we need to steal Lauri while we can. Graham for Lauri is almost too perfect a trade for both teams. PJ and Lauri can work as the front court

Why would the Bulls want Graham?

They need a PG. Coby White is killing them not being able to pass or run the offense. Both are expiring contracts with bird rights and the Bulls aren't utilizing Markkanen correctly anyway

Braggins wrote:I don't think the Bulls would want to trade Lauri in general.

Sure they would, I don't think they view him as a long term piece anymore

DY_nasty wrote:
amcoolio wrote:Also WCJ is not worth any assets. He just doesn’t have it. Will have a John Henson like career

i would take WCJ or John Henson

hell. what's samuel dalembert up to these days?

:lol: True that, but I think we would be frustrated with WCJ if we traded real assets for him
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#791 » by JMAC3 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:42 pm

amcoolio wrote:
Sure they would, I don't think they view him as a long term piece anymore

Where are you getting this intel? It was rumored over the summer they valued Lauri over WCJ and that is why they were using WCJ as trade bait to the Warriors.

Markkanen in his 6 games played this year has been a focal point of bulls offense and he is second on the team in scoring at 19ppg on good shooting numbers and he is getting to the line 4.8 times a game.

I could see them dealing WCJ, but he has been force feed minutes since going to Chicago and has done pretty lackluster with them. In 30 minutes last year he averaged 11/9.5.

In 23 minutes Cody averaged 11/7 last year.

If we did trade for WCJ we would be banking on him improving a good deal and I myself have not seen enough from him to really want to throw a good asset in a trade.
Big Board
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#792 » by JMAC3 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:36 pm

Also, just something to keep in mind is that in general most teams fanbase tends to overvalue players. If a guy is playing well, he is always going to be seen as nearly untouchable by the fanbase (Pacers board thinks Edmond Sumner/Aaron Holiday are keepers).

So when a guy is being tossed around in a ton of trade rumors on this board, just know there are probably a lot of issues with that player then that first meets the eye. Example: Kings board is willing to take what appears to be .60 cents on the dollar for both Bagley and Hield.

Same with Bulls board with Markkanen and WCJ, seems like they are dreading giving them a payday, so they must have some issues.
Big Board
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#793 » by JMAC3 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:43 pm

Just read on The Athletic, that Cavs are trying to trade Kevin Porter Jr. or maybe even release him.

He threw a tantrum on Friday, because they gave his locker to Taureen Prince and moved his locker to the wall where end of bench guys are haha. He already had some legal issues over the summer, so they are probably looking for a second rounder for him.
Big Board
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#794 » by JMAC3 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:15 pm

Offered up McDaniels for Svi on the Pistons board and got countered Ellington for McDaniels.

Then I countered McDaniels for Ellington and Jahlil. They said yes.

Think this really helps our depth, shooting, center depth... We use our cap space to absorb the extra money coming back.
Big Board
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#795 » by JMAC3 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:25 pm

Just in terms of guys who I think are undervalued league wide right now and that we could get a bargain on. Zach Lavine is near the top of my list. I have been a doubter in the past, but all this guy does is get better and he is still only 25.

He is 5th in scoring, top 10 in free throws made per game, shooting 9 threes a game at 38% from deep and his efg% is one of the highest in top 20 scorers. He leads the Bulls in DWS and I do not think you are going to find many defensive stats that say he is a world beater on that side of the ball, but I do not think he is any worse then Curry, Doncic, Beal, Lillard etc...

In terms of fit with Ball long-term, he really balances out LaMelo in my mind. LaMelo weaknesses are high volume scorer and not a great athlete, both of which LaVine is. Him and LaMelo would give us really good size at the guard positions and the Bulls are probably going to sell him short of his value. Just compare his stats to Beal and tell me they shouldn't cost about the same in terms of assets, but they won't because somehow Beal is forgiven for playing on a horrible team, but LaVine is trash because his team sucks.

I would do Terry, Monk, top 6 protected pick this year, and top 10 protected 2023 pick for LaVine and WCJ.
Big Board
DY_nasty
General Manager
And1: 4,946

Post#796 » by DY_nasty » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:06 pm

how is zach a bargain lol
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,146

Post#797 » by Braggins » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:09 pm

Not sure what Lavines trade value is and I haven't seen him play much, but his stats are pretty damn good and he does seem like a good fit with LaMelo. I could totally get on board with some kind package centered around Rozier for Lavine (details pending).

However, I'm not sure why people are assuming that the Bulls are trying to trade most of their only good younger players (Lavine/Lauri).
amcoolio

Post#798 » by amcoolio » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:50 pm

With Lauri I think they are content not paying him his next contract, he's a RFA

Seriously it wouldn't take much to get him and he's been so miscoached and would be so much better in our system he would be worth the risk
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,597

Post#799 » by NYG » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:21 am

What needs to be added to a Terry Rozier for Dennis Smith Jr. exchange to make it fair?
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,170

Post#800 » by SWedd523 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:36 am

amcoolio wrote:With Lauri I think they are content not paying him his next contract, he's a RFA

Seriously it wouldn't take much to get him and he's been so miscoached and would be so much better in our system he would be worth the risk

I don't think anybody here is disputing that he'd be good in a Hornets uniform

I think we're disputing how cheap you think he'd be

Return to Charlotte Hornets