ImageImage

Fool Me Twice: The Gordon Hayward Thread

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,171

Re: Fool Me Twice: The Gordon Hayward Thread 

Post#1101 » by SWedd523 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:52 pm

DaddyCool19 wrote:I wonder if Hayward + one of the picks for Harrison Barnes and Holmes (if the legal issues are resolved and he is innocent) would make sense. Especially if you guys can draft Williams with the other pick. Use Holmes as a stop gap solution if Williams isn't ready right away. He should be pretty tradeable the year after, if he has an okay year. Barnes is an expiring and shouldn't be a bad fit. You guys would save like 19,5M in 23/24 and Sacramento would get a guy, who can put up 17/5/4 if healthy.

I don't mind that framework, personally
wilson115
Sixth Man
And1: 968

Post#1102 » by wilson115 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:12 am

Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,167

Post#1103 » by Rich4114 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:53 pm

Sounds like the Pistons would be willing to blow half of their cap space on Hayward if they can get Duren:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10039700-nba-rumors-hornets-gordon-hayward-interests-pistons-in-trade-ahead-of-2022-draft
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,618

Post#1104 » by fatlever » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:01 pm

So we give Pistons both 1st round picks to absorb Hayward, just so we can sign miles, which we can do even if we keep all 3 assets being rumored to Detroit. This is the ultimate cheap move. A move like this signals to the fans the Hornets aren't a serious franchise. We can't be this bad at this, right?

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM Forums mobile app
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,236

Post#1105 » by amcoolio » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:04 pm

fatlever wrote:So we give Pistons both 1st round picks to absorb Hayward, just so we can sign miles, which we can do even if we keep all 3 assets being rumored to Detroit. This is the ultimate cheap move. A move like this signals to the fans the Hornets aren't a serious franchise. We can't be this bad at this, right?

We have room to just sign Miles to a max. I maintain that this doesn't make sense unless Ayton's camp has reached out that he wants to come here. I believe if we trade Gordon away for pure cap space, we can offer Ayton a max and then just match whatever offer Miles gets

All of this would have been solved if we just DIDNT GIVE TERRY AN EXTENSION/SIGN OUBRE TO A SECOND YEAR FOR NO REASON
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,091

Post#1106 » by JDR720 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:06 pm

It's either Ayton wants to come here and we need cap for him, or MJ is being really, really cheap.

The latter is more believable to me.
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Post#1107 » by LofJ » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:08 pm

JDR720 wrote:It's either Ayton wants to come here and we need cap for him, or MJ is being really, really cheap.

The latter is more believable to me.

If it's the latter I hope the people of Charlotte realize that the Hornets will never do anything as long as Jordan is the owner.
amcoolio

Post#1108 » by amcoolio » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:09 pm

MJ is nearing the $2 billion net worth and earned $130 million just from Nike/Jordan Brand in 2020, I sincerely doubt it. He's not at the same wealth level he was in 2010, he is much, much richer.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,053

Post#1109 » by Liver_Pooty » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:15 pm

Lol if we trade both first to ship Gordon out and just extend Miles I'm just going to check out on this team for a while. Could probably understand one of the first rounders to free up flexibility or even future flexibility, but not both. That'd be insane
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
Heelsfan119
Freshman
And1: 47

Post#1110 » by Heelsfan119 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:35 pm

fatlever wrote:So we give Pistons both 1st round picks to absorb Hayward, just so we can sign miles, which we can do even if we keep all 3 assets being rumored to Detroit. This is the ultimate cheap move. A move like this signals to the fans the Hornets aren't a serious franchise. We can't be this bad at this, right?

It doesn’t say attach both picks, it says 13 or 15 plus Hayward.
Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,522

Post#1111 » by Bassman » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:36 pm

As I’ve already stated…there are very dangerous warning signs flashing all about regarding this often idiotic team. Mitch hasn’t really made a massive blunder yet, short of the resigning reflex. A move to just dump salary and lose our picks? Death knell.
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#1112 » by fatlever » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:49 pm

amcoolio wrote:

We have room to just sign Miles to a max. I maintain that this doesn't make sense unless Ayton's camp has reached out that he wants to come here. I believe if we trade Gordon away for pure cap space, we can offer Ayton a max and then just match whatever offer Miles gets

All of this would have been solved if we just DIDNT GIVE TERRY AN EXTENSION/SIGN OUBRE TO A SECOND YEAR FOR NO REASON
I'll say it again.... summer of 2020 was a disaster.

But if Mitch some how figures out a way toblans ayton and miles, I'll sing his praises.

fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#1113 » by fatlever » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:51 pm

Heelsfan119 wrote:

I can't see Detroit taking on 60 mil in salary for a single mid 1st.

Plus the rumor was based on them loving duren and using Hornets pick to get him. Since it's doubtful duren is there at 13, it would seemingly require both to move up.

BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#1114 » by BigSlam » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:03 pm

fatlever wrote:
Heelsfan119 wrote:

Plus the rumor was based on them loving duren and using Hornets pick to get him. Since it's doubtful duren is there at 13, it would seemingly require both to move up.

That's an assumption.

If they loved Duren that much they could just take him at #5.

I wonder if they are banking on taking whoever they want at #5 and then if Duren is still on the board at #13, pull the trigger to snap him up as well by taking on #13 and the price of Gordo to do so.

No Duren on the board at #13 = no deal.

You need to start looking on the positive side of things man. You're going to make something pop inside of you!! :lol:
B B M F 'ers
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#1115 » by fatlever » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:07 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=SDG0jNKgCQ1wnDq82CZxzg&s=19

A different view
I do like the sound of adding grownups

fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#1116 » by fatlever » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:08 pm

BigSlam wrote:
fatlever wrote:
Heelsfan119 wrote:

That's an assumption.

I wonder if they are banking on taking whoever they want at #5 and then if Duren is still on the board at #13, pull the trigger to snap him up as well by taking on #13 and the price of Gordo to do so.

You need to start looking on the positive side of things man. You're going to make something pop inside of you!!
Regardless of whether or not they could draft him at 5 or whatever, I can't see a scenario where they would take on 61 million dollars for a single mid first-round pick.

BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#1117 » by BigSlam » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:09 pm

fatlever wrote:
BigSlam wrote:
fatlever wrote:I can't see Detroit taking on 60 mil in salary for a single mid 1st.

That's an assumption.

You need to start looking on the positive side of things man. You're going to make something pop inside of you!!
Regardless of whether or not they could draft him at 5 or whatever, I can't see a scenario where they would take on 61 million dollars for a single mid first-round pick.

I can: If the guy they really like (Duren) is still on the board at #13.
B B M F 'ers
amcoolio

Post#1118 » by amcoolio » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:16 pm

Hayward is also a good bridge for Cade like he was for LaMelo. If they land Ivey at 5 (very possible because Kings are reportedly taking Murray if they keep the 4), then their starting 5 is set Cade Ivey Hayward Bey Stewart/Duren
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,340

Post#1119 » by MasterIchiro » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:21 pm

They have Bey and will strike out on Brunson. Terry fits their needs better.
It has been written...
amcoolio

Post#1120 » by amcoolio » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:22 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:They have Bey and will strike out on Brunson. Terry fits their needs better.

I'm not dumping Terry's 20 million salary with a lottery pick. Hayward I can understand becuase it gives us a shot at Ayton.

Return to Charlotte Hornets