ImageImage

Center Options

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,054

Re: Center Options 

Post#541 » by Liver_Pooty » Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:26 pm

We'd have a better chance at a package involving Hayward for Simmons than Indy for Turner. Philly has the roster to win now while Indy just needs to start over.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
vexco
Pro Prospect
And1: 183

Post#542 » by vexco » Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:39 pm

What about Christian Wood?
mapquest me
Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,525

Post#543 » by Bassman » Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:51 pm

Liver_Pooty wrote:We'd have a better chance at a package involving Hayward for Simmons than Indy for Turner. Philly has the roster to win now while Indy just needs to start over.

Simmons on our team is very enticing but still a risk at his salary. I’d gladly deal Gordo for him, plus ideally send them Plumlee as well to get Drummond. I’m sure it would also require a pick or two (I’d give up one lotto protected only, this year’s). I know Drummond isn’t the whole candy bar but he’s a lot better than Plum. Nice starting 5 for sure.

LaMelo - Rozier - Bridges - Simmons - Drummond

Bench rotation: Oubre, Washington, Richards, Martin, McDaniels, Ish, Bouknight, Thor, Jones
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,525

Post#544 » by Bassman » Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:53 pm

vexco wrote:What about Christian Wood?

Made my case for Christian Wood on the Fake Trade thread. Number of options for dealing there and I like Wood on this team. I suggested Plumlee plus PJ which isn’t too bad but would probably need a pick with it.
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
vexco
Pro Prospect
And1: 183

Post#545 » by vexco » Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:00 pm

Bassman wrote:

Made my case for Christian Wood on the Fake Trade thread. Number of options for dealing there and I like Wood on this team. I suggested Plumlee plus PJ which isn’t too bad but would probably need a pick with it.

I'd add a protected pick in there.
mapquest me
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,173

Post#546 » by SWedd523 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:28 pm

Bassman wrote:

so yeah we upgrade at starter but reduce the team to zero depth in the process. you can't trade the only two dudes capable of guarding bigs. you're one Wood injury away from starting Miles at Center at that point
MPM
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#547 » by MPM » Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:40 pm

SWedd523 wrote:
Bassman wrote:

so yeah we upgrade at starter but reduce the team to zero depth in the process. you can't trade the only two dudes capable of guarding bigs. you're one Wood injury away from starting Miles at Center at that point

Crazy to say it, but Richards (who I’ve been pretty down on til late) makes Plum expendable and saying PJ can guard bigs is generous. Would still prefer Turner or Sabonis to Wood but would do the deal Bassman suggests. You get a quality starting center for an aging backup center, a young undersized prospect in PJ, and what would likely have to be a protected 1st. Seems fair for both sides. Again, not saying this is the route I would like us to take, but wouldn't hate it if we did.

Return to Charlotte Hornets