ImageImage

GT: Game #10 - Charlotte Vs Atlanta (Jan 9th)

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Re: GT: Game #10 - Charlotte Vs Atlanta (Jan 9th) 

Post#81 » by BigSlam » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:12 pm

countryboi wrote:Melo is just a joy to watch, he is so smooth and makes things look easy. Im even coming around on his push shot

I don’t care what his shooting style looks like. I don’t care what anyone’s shooting style looks like to be honest. He could bend over and shoot the ball out of his bung hole for all I care - so long as they are good shots and they go in at a pretty reasonable rate.

If there’s one thing guys like Shawn Marion and Kevin Martin taught us it’s that it doesn’t have to be pretty, it just has to be effective!!
B B M F 'ers
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#82 » by BigSlam » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:26 pm

James Gatz wrote:It's incredible to see and watching him (LaMelo) is the most fun I've had as a fan maybe ever.

I find myself fixated on the game clock with my eyes glued on it every 1st quarter just waiting for a stoppage around the 7-8min mark each game these days. Like you said, that’s when I’m confident the fun will begin.

I said the other day that in modern Charlotte basketball LaMelo might challenge guys like Wallace, Herrmann, Jefferson and Walker as the most fun players to watch.

10 games in and he might have already passed them.
B B M F 'ers
ncrecordkeeper
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#83 » by ncrecordkeeper » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:40 pm

Hornets have turned into must watch TV. Love Hayward's game, and Ball has instincts out the wazoo. Shocked he can rebound and finish with his current stature. That'll only improve as he puts on a little more bulk over the next couple of years.
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,145

Post#84 » by Braggins » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:15 pm

BigSlam wrote:
James Gatz wrote:It's incredible to see and watching him (LaMelo) is the most fun I've had as a fan maybe ever.

I find myself fixated on the game clock with my eyes glued on it every 1st quarter just waiting for a stoppage around the 7-8min mark each game these days. Like you said, that’s when I’m confident the fun will begin.

I said the other day that in modern Charlotte basketball LaMelo might challenge guys like Wallace, Herrmann, Jefferson and Walker as the most fun players to watch.

This team would be almost legit if you swapped Rozier for Kemba from two years ago. LaMelo is the exact player we always needed to pair with Kemba.
vtime
Rookie
And1: 245

Post#85 » by vtime » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:36 pm

I feel like it’s clear we should build around Hayward and Lamelo. The way Rozier is playing I’m not sure if he’s a keeper or if we should sell high and package him for a true star and create a big three with Melo and Hayward.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#86 » by BigSlam » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:13 pm

What about that time our 19 year old rookie achieved a legit triple double in a winning game in only his 10th game?

That was pretty awesome.
B B M F 'ers
SpearNMgicHelmt
Senior
And1: 160

Post#87 » by SpearNMgicHelmt » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:56 am

BigSlam wrote:

Gerald Wallace and LaMelo Ball playing together would be insanely fun to watch.

Return to Charlotte Hornets