ImageImage

GT: Game #24 - Charlotte Vs Utah (Feb 5th)

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Re: GT: Game #24 - Charlotte Vs Utah (Feb 5th) 

Post#141 » by BigSlam » Sat Feb 6, 2021 3:43 am

We got beat by 17pts, but it didn’t feel like we got rolled by that much while watching.

Had I not seen the score at any point during the game or at the end I’d have said we lost by 5 or 6 points.

Moral victory?
B B M F 'ers
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,168

Post#142 » by Rich4114 » Sat Feb 6, 2021 3:57 am

LaMelo and Hayward. Clearly our best players and both need to start and have the most minutes. We are totally outmatched in the front court against most teams and lack size all over the place. LaMelo in place of Devonte fixes part of the size problem. Miles should’ve started and bring Devonte or Terry off the damn bench already. Utah is a championship caliber team so no big deal losing to them, but we have pieces to compete and be a playoff team if used
Properly.
sip
Rookie
And1: 1,313

Post#143 » by sip » Sat Feb 6, 2021 3:57 am

Congrats on finally having a future superstar. Melo looks amazing and it is insane that he is only 19. I can't imagine the impact he will have in 3 or 4 years after his body fills out and he refines his skillset.

Sent from my SM-G988U using RealGM mobile app
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Post#144 » by LofJ » Sat Feb 6, 2021 4:44 am

PJ has been inconsistent this season, but he and Zeller are the only decent guys with size we have on the roster. The rest are either unproven rookies or just don't have the size or skill to hang with the competition. After Hayward and LaMelo I think having PJ out hurts us the most.
Chapelchilla
Bench Warmer
And1: 867

Post#145 » by Chapelchilla » Sat Feb 6, 2021 4:49 am

LofJ wrote:PJ has been inconsistent this season, but he and Zeller are the only decent guys with size we have on the roster. The rest are either unproven rookies or just don't have the size or skill to hang with the competition. After Hayward and LaMelo I think having PJ out hurts us the most.

I agree. I also think he is our 3rd best player period. Then Terry and Bridges.
oldshoolballer
Starter
And1: 2,632

Post#146 » by oldshoolballer » Sat Feb 6, 2021 5:43 am

The Hornets should consider bringing in Dedmon for the minimum. Zeller is pretty much useless
anish23
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,911

Post#147 » by anish23 » Sat Feb 6, 2021 11:13 am

Ya'll have a player that is so fun to watch, a Jazz fan here, but Im starting to tune into the Hornets games whenever the Jazz aren't playing. LaMelo is a treat, specially when he is playing with Miles Bridges. Real fun!!!
Utah Jazz for Championship :)
Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,523

Post#148 » by Bassman » Sat Feb 6, 2021 5:39 pm

Watched on replay. So much fun watching Lamelo and Hayward play. If we had a high quality 5 to both defend, block and finish inside, we might have won that game. Rozier has skills but should be part of a deal for that young big. Monk still wildly inconsistent so not sure that will ever change...wish it would. We need more picks to come through for us than Melo.

Is Miles going to ever cross that boundary into a good player? He tantalizes and teases, then fades back. I think he is trying, just not sure he can ever be more than a bench guy.

Still happy to see this team fight hard every night. JB does plenty of questionable coaching but there is no lack of effort.
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
wilson115
Sixth Man
And1: 968

Post#149 » by wilson115 » Sat Feb 6, 2021 10:06 pm

For what it's worth, Miles was up against a tough customer in Bojan. What a weapon the Jazz have in that guy.

Read on Twitter
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Post#150 » by LofJ » Sun Feb 7, 2021 1:13 am

A guy named Bojan should be playing in Charlotte. The Bojangles ads write themselves.
ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 541

Post#151 » by ForeverRDjazz » Sun Feb 7, 2021 1:47 am

yazfan wrote:Jazz fans still not over Hayward leaving.

They get to see their ex again.

Watch their Radio guy David Locke shred Hayward.
Fans whine about him some more.

Makes me laugh and they wonder why no one wants to play there.

Most classless fans I witnessed when he left as a FA.
Family got threats, vicious social media directed at Haywards......

Sorry, had to vent for that loser fan base.

GH is a good kid but was happy to see him go. Called him chokeward because crunch time he choked more offend than not. Like Charles Barkley says. Guarantee Boston fans are just as happy Hayward walked. I'm so much happier having a young Mitchell leading this team over GH it's not even close. Love Jordan Clarkson seemed to resigned quick and Favor come straight back after one year away? Think players end up liking Utah often. Karl and John spent many years in Utah and Utah has pretty good history of having winning teams every year. Just not won the big one yet. You want to judge the state by one maybe two fans your a moron. How many players stay with Hornets? Have you had one? :noway:
ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 541

Post#152 » by ForeverRDjazz » Sun Feb 7, 2021 1:56 am

Lamelo will out shine Hayward in crunch time and should be the guy taking the big shot not GH. Love Melos game.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,832

Post#153 » by Diop » Sun Feb 7, 2021 2:38 am

ForeverRDjazz wrote:

GH is a good kid but was happy to see him go. Called him chokeward because crunch time he choked more offend than not. Like Charles Barkley says. Guarantee Boston fans are just as happy Hayward walked. I'm so much happier having a young Mitchell leading this team over GH it's not even close. Love Jordan Clarkson seemed to resigned quick and Favor come straight back after one year away? Think players end up liking Utah often. Karl and John spent many years in Utah and Utah has pretty good history of having winning teams every year. Just not won the big one yet. You want to judge the state by one maybe two fans your a moron. How many players stay with Hornets? Have you had one? :noway:

Yazfan, looking at your posting history, it appears you are more a Hayward fan than a Charlotte fan. Which is fine, but please refrain from baiting whole fan bases with your rants.
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,247

Post#154 » by luciano-davidwesley » Sun Feb 7, 2021 4:46 am

ForeverRDjazz wrote:

Yeah maybe check if Yazfan even is a Hornets fan before deriding our franchise.

Return to Charlotte Hornets