ImageImage

GT: Game #33 - Charlotte @ Phoenix (Feb 24th)

Moderators: yosemiteben, BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever

amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,285

Re: GT: Game #33 - Charlotte @ Phoenix (Feb 24th) 

Post#181 » by amcoolio » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:46 am

Booker is such a little ****
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,101

Post#182 » by Liver_Pooty » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:48 am

Rozier got eye gouged on a 3, got T'd up afterwards. Booker leaned in 40 feet and smacked Hayward in the face for a 4 point play. .4 seconds added to the clock. I dont care if Hayward power bombed Booker thru a table on that 3 the officials tried every which way to screw us.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,682

Post#183 » by yosemiteben » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:56 am

Couldn't watch the game, someone summarize the game for me in two sentences.
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,194

Post#184 » by Rich4114 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:00 am

yosemiteben wrote:Couldn't watch the game, someone summarize the game for me in two sentences.

Looked like a continuation of the Utah game and got down 17, then Monk caught fire and had a 20 point quarter to get us back to within 1. Despite awful calls/non calls by the officials in the entire game, LaMelo Ball took over the 4th and we came up with enough clutch shots and stops to win.
DY_nasty
General Manager
And1: 4,946

Post#185 » by DY_nasty » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:09 am

yosemiteben wrote:Couldn't watch the game, someone summarize the game for me in two sentences.

free monk. man defense is okay. refs hate us but the team doesn't care.

also, ayton is the wiggins of centers

oh and pj might not be better than jalen. jalen gets slightly better every time he plays. i believe
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,693

Post#186 » by fatlever » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:53 am

**** awful officiating. and damn melo, wtf was that foul?
CuseMayne
Sixth Man
And1: 1,377

Post#187 » by CuseMayne » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:41 am

Felt like I almost had a damn heart attack by the end of this one! Still one of the best wins of the season, in my opinion our best one. If you had told me Rozier's stat line, I would've predicted we lost by 25+ easy.

Without Melo, we lose that game by 8+. What a great 4th Q from the kid! Those back to back drives with <2min left were so awesome.
We didn't really have anyone else by that point that could've gone and got us buckets like Melo did. Monk had a fantastic first 3 quarters, but by the 4th he had cooled off. Hayward had a pretty meh game, was way off from 3.

Why's PJ just playing so patheticly? 24 minutes and had ONE rebound. Says he had 1 TO and Terry had 6, but I think at least 1-2 were mainly PJ's fault. If Zeller's hurt even for a game or two and we keep Richards in the G-League, PJ at the 5 for extended minutes against someone like Wiseman or even Looney is gonna be hurtful.

Miles...he looked for his shot/was aggressive just A FEW TIMES and, hey, had a solid game! He's gotta be way more aggressive offensively IMO. That and the fact that him and Melo have the best chemistry on the team really makes me want Miles to do more. Came up big for us in the 4th, was very happy with that 3PA that went in and out from Melo towards the end that would've extended our lead to 6 late, it was a good look especially with the shot clock really low IIRC. The earlier 3 that he cashed from Hayward and the 2 late FTs were enormous.

Malik was unconscious for a while there. If his floor is a bench scorer who we can just gauge night by night if he is on or off, we should lock him up if the price is right. His defense is underrated as well. He's paid his dues.

Biz was actually pretty darn clutch in the 4th Q. DIdn't realize he had 11 boards...2 big blocks...we just have to hope he doesn't have to start...ever again lol...I honestly groan every time he's subbed in but he definitely has his moments. Gotta love the guy.

McD gave us a boost when he first subbed in. Feels like he continues to improve and is a useful piece. Still has a lot of potential and already a very good, long defender. He should stay with the main team for the rest of the year.

Gotta throw some love JB's way. Definitely can't recall a game so far this season where he performed better than he did tonight...no glaring mistakes and I liked his sub patterns.

Those refs were aggressively horrendous. I could go on for quite a while on this...but....yeah.

Oh and I rarely watch SportsCenter these days but SVP really ended the highlights with Booker's last shot saying it should've been a foul...clearly didn't show the countless nonsense that went their way before it. Whatever, I guess the underdog mentality's been good for us anyway.

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOO!
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,533

Post#188 » by LofJ » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:20 pm

I just watched the NBA's video recap of the game and holy **** was that terrible. It was 90% Booker and 10% Hornets, whoever made that should be ashamed. Whatever, it just gives fuel to the disrespect fire. JB is right to push an us against the world mentality for the team right now.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,101

Post#189 » by Liver_Pooty » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:25 pm

PJ is turning into Kaminsky. Piss poor rebounding, may hit some 3s, but overall meh.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,194

Post#190 » by Rich4114 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:51 pm

Funny all of the exposure Booker and the Suns get now because they're good. Booker has been this good for YEARS but the team around him has sucked. This can be us if we start to win more games.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

GT: Game #33 - Charlotte @ Phoenix (Feb 24th) 

Post#191 » by BigSlam » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:59 pm

BigSlam wrote:Are you **** kidding me? Melo gets pulled on by Johsnon and Melo gets called for the foul???

^^^^^ no sh*t!!

Read on Twitter
B B M F 'ers
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,578

Post#192 » by HornetJail » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:26 pm

this game was an embarrassment to officiating. **** up after **** up all night. They're lucky they only do final two minute reports because that **** would've been a dissertation
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,578

Post#193 » by HornetJail » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:28 pm

Liver_Pooty wrote:PJ is turning into Kaminsky. Piss poor rebounding, may hit some 3s, but overall meh.
That's harsh, Frank was utterly useless if he wasn't hot enough to score 15 points in 20 minutes. I think he'll be a much better player eventually but there isn't much that leads me to believe he's going to be better than a decent starter. If someone like John Collins is available for PJ and a pick, I'm taking that and never looking back.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
CuseMayne
Sixth Man
And1: 1,377

Post#194 » by CuseMayne » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:51 am

KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:this game was an embarrassment to officiating. **** up after **** up all night. They're lucky they only do final two minute reports because that **** would've been a dissertation

It really really was...no hyperbole there...and the craziest thing about it is that on SportsCenter with SVP last night, NBA TV last night, and the NBA league pass app in their video section, all three said that the Hornets won because of a missed call. Blows my damn mind.

Return to Charlotte Hornets