ImageImage

NFL 2021 Draft Thread

Moderators: yosemiteben, BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever

Rays Pompadour
Senior
And1: 418

Re: NFL 2021 Draft Thread 

Post#41 » by Rays Pompadour » Sat May 1, 2021 12:19 am

Or...I'm smelling Hunter Long. Could do worse.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#42 » by BigSlam » Sat May 1, 2021 12:32 am

Rays Pompadour wrote:Or...I'm smelling Hunter Long. Could do worse.

I wonder if you'll go with JOK?

Need a LB since Kuechly hung them up.
B B M F 'ers
Rays Pompadour
Senior

Post#43 » by Rays Pompadour » Sat May 1, 2021 12:34 am

Another trade. With Cleveland.
Rays Pompadour
Senior

Post#44 » by Rays Pompadour » Sat May 1, 2021 12:39 am

And the Browns select JOK. Nuts.
Rays Pompadour
Senior

Post#45 » by Rays Pompadour » Sat May 1, 2021 12:50 am

"The 52nd pick had belonged to the Bears before they traded it to the Panthers earlier on Friday. The Browns received No. 52 and No. 113 in exchange for No. 59 and No. 89." PFT
Rays Pompadour
Senior

Post#46 » by Rays Pompadour » Sat May 1, 2021 1:15 am

Terrance Marshall, Jr. Uh, that's a steal. Still not an offensive lineman, but the first offensive selection in two drafts for Carolina.
Rays Pompadour
Senior

Post#47 » by Rays Pompadour » Sat May 1, 2021 1:27 am

Panthers racking up 3rd rounders. Could be the place to take a developmental QB. Kellen Mond, anyone?
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#48 » by BigSlam » Sat May 1, 2021 1:33 am

Rays Pompadour wrote:Panthers racking up 3rd rounders. Could be the place to take a developmental QB. Kellen Mond, anyone?

I love Mond. 100% want him in New Orleans.
B B M F 'ers
Rays Pompadour
Senior

Post#49 » by Rays Pompadour » Sat May 1, 2021 1:42 am

BigSlam wrote:
Rays Pompadour wrote:Panthers racking up 3rd rounders. Could be the place to take a developmental QB. Kellen Mond, anyone?

You'll have to trade up to get him. I hear the Panthers like to trade down. Let's make a deal.
Rays Pompadour
Senior

Post#50 » by Rays Pompadour » Sat May 1, 2021 1:42 am

Rays Pompadour wrote:
BigSlam wrote:

You'll have to trade up to get him. I hear the Panthers like to trade down. Let's make a deal.

Never mind. Minny took him.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#51 » by BigSlam » Sat May 1, 2021 1:48 am

Rays Pompadour wrote:
Rays Pompadour wrote:
BigSlam wrote:I love Mond. 100% want him in New Orleans.

Never mind. Minny took him.

:banghead:

The three guys I really wanted were:
Farley
Cox
Mond

Didn't get any of them.
B B M F 'ers
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#52 » by BigSlam » Sat May 1, 2021 4:09 pm

I think this is funny:

During round #1 on Thursday night Goodell was wearing a shirt and tie.

On Friday night during rounds #2 and #3 he was wearing an open shirt, no tie.

Today during rounds #4 - #7 he’s wearing a sweater.

As the draft goes on, his wardrobe care factor decreases proportionately.
B B M F 'ers
Rays Pompadour
Senior

Post#53 » by Rays Pompadour » Sat May 1, 2021 6:14 pm

Offensive line target for the fifth round: Trey Smith (Vols). Known this kid since HS and he's quality person and solid interior lineman. Just a mountain of a dude. UT wanted him at tackle but he's a natural guard with terrific feet.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#54 » by BigSlam » Sat May 1, 2021 6:33 pm

Rays Pompadour wrote:Offensive line target for the fifth round: Trey Smith (Vols). Known this kid since HS and he's quality person and solid interior lineman. Just a mountain of a dude. UT wanted him at tackle but he's a natural guard with terrific feet.

He was on my day #3 “want list”:

Jabril Cox
Tommy Doyle
Jamie Newman
Josh Imatorbhebhe
Briley Moore
Trey Smith
Marco Wilson
Bobby Brown
B B M F 'ers
Rays Pompadour
Senior

Post#55 » by Rays Pompadour » Sun May 2, 2021 1:27 am

Slam, I appreciate the discussion. Great draft and lots of fun. And Ian Book was an underrated selection. He's a funky QB, which ought to do well down in the bayou.
penquin11
Sixth Man
And1: 148

Post#56 » by penquin11 » Sun May 2, 2021 9:30 am

I think the Panthers low-key just may have had one of the all time great drafts in franchise history. There are several picks I absolutely loved:

daviyon nixon dt - this dude just had a monster season with 14 tackles for a loss, 5.5 sacks, and a interception return for a td. how in the world he was on the board that late in the game is beyond me. he is damn near the perfect pairing for derek brown and I expect we will see alot of him.

tommy tremble te- this dude could be a george kittle, he has 4.59 speed and was elite in basically every athletic measure. moreover he is an absolute mauler as a blocker and doesn't give up on plays always looking for the next guy to pound on. I think that given the right development as a receiver he could be an awesome player. highlights below in case you need a reason to get excited.

brady christensen- this dude is an all-american who is 6'6 and just set the pff record for a single season grade for an offensive linemen.

terrace marshal jr- could easily develop into an elite receiver. people don't often mention that he is only 20 years old. I personally had marshall as a 1st round talent given his height and speed.

deonte marshal- oh you know just casually an all-sec guard that we pluck in the 6th round. just a guy who only allowed one pressure all year. what is happening.

shi smith- just watch the tape.

and finally jaycee horn- given that we got two potential starters on the o-line (I think marshal is that good and christensen should get the nod as well) I think drafting a potential shutdown corner was a terrific option. Horn dominated waddle in their matchup and waddle has scary speed. If he can do that for us in the nfl our defense could be competitive sooner than later.

-----------

now the big elephant in the room is that we didn't get a linebacker at all- so we again start next season liable as all hell back there. It will have to be addressed at some point.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:no, the DB's will just be thinking "damn, I thought that was going to be a run!" as they easily recover to intercept a Ponder pass 10 yards off the mark
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#57 » by BigSlam » Sun May 2, 2021 12:23 pm

I’d say it’s a toss up between the Panthers and the Browns as to who had the best draft of the entire NFL.

You guys killed it.

If you could sign Dylan Moses as an UDFA then that’s just be a cherry on top.
B B M F 'ers
predators
Senior
And1: 319

Post#58 » by predators » Tue May 4, 2021 3:33 pm

penquin11 wrote:I think the Panthers low-key just may have had one of the all time great drafts in franchise history. There are several picks I absolutely loved:

daviyon nixon dt - this dude just had a monster season with 14 tackles for a loss, 5.5 sacks, and a interception return for a td. how in the world he was on the board that late in the game is beyond me. he is damn near the perfect pairing for derek brown and I expect we will see alot of him.

tommy tremble te- this dude could be a george kittle, he has 4.59 speed and was elite in basically every athletic measure. moreover he is an absolute mauler as a blocker and doesn't give up on plays always looking for the next guy to pound on. I think that given the right development as a receiver he could be an awesome player. highlights below in case you need a reason to get excited.

brady christensen- this dude is an all-american who is 6'6 and just set the pff record for a single season grade for an offensive linemen.

terrace marshal jr- could easily develop into an elite receiver. people don't often mention that he is only 20 years old. I personally had marshall as a 1st round talent given his height and speed.

deonte marshal- oh you know just casually an all-sec guard that we pluck in the 6th round. just a guy who only allowed one pressure all year. what is happening.

shi smith- just watch the tape.

and finally jaycee horn- given that we got two potential starters on the o-line (I think marshal is that good and christensen should get the nod as well) I think drafting a potential shutdown corner was a terrific option. Horn dominated waddle in their matchup and waddle has scary speed. If he can do that for us in the nfl our defense could be competitive sooner than later.

-----------

now the big elephant in the room is that we didn't get a linebacker at all- so we again start next season liable as all hell back there. It will have to be addressed at some point.

Nixon allegedly had off the field concerns but you take shots on those guys in Round 5.

I generally like the plan of taking athletic guys and coaching them up. Physically all of the guys picked in the first 3 rounds are insane. Like Christensen having shorter arms for a tackle is probably the only physical knock on any of those guys.

They signed Perryman, Reddick, Luvu, and UDFA at LB.
penquin11
Sixth Man
And1: 148

Post#59 » by penquin11 » Tue May 4, 2021 4:48 pm

predators wrote:
Nixon allegedly had off the field concerns but you take shots on those guys in Round 5.

I generally like the plan of taking athletic guys and coaching them up. Physically all of the guys picked in the first 3 rounds are insane. Like Christensen having shorter arms for a tackle is probably the only physical knock on any of those guys.

They signed Perryman, Reddick, Luvu, and UDFA at LB.

Yeah, I really believe that Marshall is going to develop into a wr1 in the nfl, in college when he was targeted his passers had a perfect qbr which is kind of ridiculous- that plus his 6'3 frame, 4.38 frame, and ability to play in the slot and on the outside could see him being one of the more productive rookies in the nfl.

Christensen has short arms- but when you watch the tape you will find yourself saying that he uses his length well and has no problem leveraging his size against opponents. His physical testing was elite as well being one of the best athletes in the entire draft according to pff percentile ratings. Worst comes to worst he ends up as an elite guard in my opinion.

Nixon was well reviewed in interviews at the very least- just not alot of consistent play or tape to watch.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:no, the DB's will just be thinking "damn, I thought that was going to be a run!" as they easily recover to intercept a Ponder pass 10 yards off the mark

Return to Charlotte Hornets