ImageImage

2021 Free Agency

Moderators: yosemiteben, BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever

bravor
Starter
And1: 731

Re: 2021 Free Agency 

Post#861 » by bravor » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:17 am

MPM wrote:Is Mike James available? Just saw he cut ties with CSKA (or they cut ties with him) and he doesn't appear to be under contract. Played well for the Nets end of last year (or at least that was my impression)

M. James has signed with Monaco from the news today. Contract amount is rumored to be in the 2M$ range (free of taxes, so basically around 3M$ for an nba franchise)

I highy doubt it would have been wise. If Ntilikina signs with Dallas, they might drop one of their young pg (and the one out should have a good value).
MPM
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,695

Post#862 » by MPM » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:27 pm

bravor wrote:
MPM wrote:Is Mike James available? Just saw he cut ties with CSKA (or they cut ties with him) and he doesn't appear to be under contract. Played well for the Nets end of last year (or at least that was my impression)

M. James has signed with Monaco from the news today. Contract amount is rumored to be in the 2M$ range (free of taxes, so basically around 3M$ for an nba franchise)

I highy doubt it would have been wise. If Ntilikina signs with Dallas, they might drop one of their young pg (and the one out should have a good value).

I can imagine far worse things than living in Monaco and playing basketball for a tax-free 2mm a year.
Roll Tide 09
Bench Warmer
And1: 439

Post#863 » by Roll Tide 09 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:32 am

Is Jabari Parker signed with anyone? If not, I think we should get him. Low risk with a potentially high reward.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
IG: @theonlylogicalthinker
IG: @arisethecompany

Twitter: @arisethecompany

CuseMayne
Sixth Man
And1: 1,371

Post#864 » by CuseMayne » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:07 pm

Roll Tide 09 wrote:Is Jabari Parker signed with anyone? If not, I think we should get him. Low risk with a potentially high reward.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

I believe he's still signed with the Celtics...either way though we already have an overloaded roster and have to slim down from what we currently have...that being said there are players like Parker that would be an improvement talent-wise over Iwundu/Richards, but it's almost certainly the case that we're heading into training camp with the roster we currently have and going from there.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,503

Post#865 » by HornetJail » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:30 am

Feel like the "potentially high reward" ship has sailed on Jabari. And on a team so stocked with PFs that we have to play some of them at C and SF in order to get them minutes, he just isn't worth it. Any minutes that he'd get, I'd rather see them go to McDaniels or maybe even Thor.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,035

Post#866 » by Liver_Pooty » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:55 am

Parker can stay away from this team. Awful.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.

Return to Charlotte Hornets