ImageImage

GT: Game #64 - Charlotte Vs Chicago (May 6th)

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

Benjamin Linus
Veteran
And1: 1,268

Re: GT: Game #64 - Charlotte Vs Chicago (May 6th) 

Post#101 » by Benjamin Linus » Fri May 7, 2021 1:25 am

Riller never misses
Roll Tide 09
Bench Warmer
And1: 439

Post#102 » by Roll Tide 09 » Fri May 7, 2021 1:27 am

It's past time that we give Riller a 3-4 game stretch to play 8 to 12 minutes per game.
IG: @theonlylogicalthinker
IG: @arisethecompany

Twitter: @arisethecompany

Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,167

Post#103 » by Rich4114 » Fri May 7, 2021 1:29 am

Roll Tide 09 wrote:It's past time that we give Riller a 3-4 game stretch to play 8 to 12 minutes per game.

I’d give him some run over Caleb or Wanamaker but it’s not happening.
Roll Tide 09
Bench Warmer

Post#104 » by Roll Tide 09 » Fri May 7, 2021 1:32 am

Rich4114 wrote:
BigSlam wrote:*looks forward to Wolves fans checking out this boxscore and posting "that confirms it, Ant Man is the runaway RoY"...

Speaks for itself, maybe their next top 3 draft pick can be RoY, they’ll have a great shot at it.

There needs to be a new rule implemented that prevents a franchise from getting a certain number of lottery picks (NOT picks from trades), within a ten year span. If your front office is garbage, your front office is garbage. Period. This league needs to stop rewarding the same teams for bad play every season. Force their hand(s) to sign better players and/or make trades.

Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,167

Post#105 » by Rich4114 » Fri May 7, 2021 1:55 am

Roll Tide 09 wrote:
Rich4114 wrote:
BigSlam wrote:*looks forward to Wolves fans checking out this boxscore and posting "that confirms it, Ant Man is the runaway RoY"...

Speaks for itself, maybe their next top 3 draft pick can be RoY, they’ll have a great shot at it.

There needs to be a new rule implemented that prevents a franchise from getting a certain number of lottery picks (NOT picks from trades), within a ten year span. If your front office is garbage, your front office is garbage. Period. This league needs to stop rewarding the same teams for bad play every season. Force their hand(s) to sign better players and/or make trades.

I’m in favor of making teams ineligible for a top 3 pick multiple times within say a three year span or even longer. Lock them into the 4th spot (at best) like an expansion team.
euphorbus
Analyst
And1: 1,480

Post#106 » by euphorbus » Fri May 7, 2021 2:09 am

Roll Tide 09 wrote:There needs to be a new rule implemented that prevents a franchise from getting a certain number of lottery picks (NOT picks from trades), within a ten year span. If your front office is garbage, your front office is garbage. Period. This league needs to stop rewarding the same teams for bad play every season. Force their hand(s) to sign better players and/or make trades.

Interesting idea. I like it. Watching Philly tank several years in a row was just gross.
Roll Tide 09
Bench Warmer

Post#107 » by Roll Tide 09 » Fri May 7, 2021 2:48 am

euphorbus wrote:
Roll Tide 09 wrote:There needs to be a new rule implemented that prevents a franchise from getting a certain number of lottery picks (NOT picks from trades), within a ten year span. If your front office is garbage, your front office is garbage. Period. This league needs to stop rewarding the same teams for bad play every season. Force their hand(s) to sign better players and/or make trades.

Interesting idea. I like it. Watching Philly tank several years in a row was just gross.

I feel like if there can be a rule against benching players too much for rest then there should be a rule against fielding sorry teams for 10-20 years in a row. Both hinder an exciting fan experience and one is unethical.

The Timberwolves for example, do not actually have a bad team, but always end the season with a horrible record. Yes, it's sick. Meanwhile, we as Bobcats/Hornets fans just want to win a single playoff game...but these other teams get to tank, without consequence, every season.

Benjamin Linus
Veteran
And1: 1,268

Post#108 » by Benjamin Linus » Fri May 7, 2021 11:15 am

Honestly it doesn't bother me much. They way big market teams have such a huge advantage over the rest of the league, I can't knock a small market team's strategy for going after those high picks. If the league had more of an even playing field, it would bother me a lot more

Minnesota really is a bad team though. They were bad from the jump and dug themselves in this hole. Golden State's got their pick if it falls outside of the top three, so it makes sense at this point to keep on losing. But yeah, everyone sht on Jimmy Butler for the way he treated that team, but he was right. Towns is a massive loser. If I were running that team I'd flip Towns asap for a boatload of assets

Return to Charlotte Hornets