Fake Trade Thread #4

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,522

Re: Fake Trade Thread #4 

Post#1961 » by Bassman » Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:58 am

yosemiteben wrote:
Bassman wrote:The price for Rui was pretty low. Watch him flourish with LA. I don’t know what his ceiling is but I think he’s as good as PJ. Would have liked to kick the tires on him this season in hopes of a good contract extension for both he and the team.

Mitch will sit on his do nothing hands while they all talk about their grand delusion of being a top 4 team when healthy. That statement (if actually made and I didn’t dream it) is the most ludicrous of many coming from this clown car of a franchise.

So trading for someone like PJ and trying to extend him is doing something, but keeping PJ and trying to extend him / match offers for him is doing nothing.

Not tracking the difference.

I meant the “sit on his do nothing hands” regarding any significant moves, not necessarily tied to dealing or resigning PJ. I compared Rui to PJ meaning his game and value are at least equal at this point. Could see Rui playing the 3 with PJ at 4 if they aren’t messing with Miles.
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,162

Post#1962 » by JMAC3 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:28 am

Bassman wrote:
yosemiteben wrote:
Bassman wrote:The price for Rui was pretty low. Watch him flourish with LA. I don’t know what his ceiling is but I think he’s as good as PJ. Would have liked to kick the tires on him this season in hopes of a good contract extension for both he and the team.

Mitch will sit on his do nothing hands while they all talk about their grand delusion of being a top 4 team when healthy. That statement (if actually made and I didn’t dream it) is the most ludicrous of many coming from this clown car of a franchise.

So trading for someone like PJ and trying to extend him is doing something, but keeping PJ and trying to extend him / match offers for him is doing nothing.

Not tracking the difference.

I meant the “sit on his do nothing hands” regarding any significant moves, not necessarily tied to dealing or resigning PJ. I compared Rui to PJ meaning his game and value are at least equal at this point. Could see Rui playing the 3 with PJ at 4 if they aren’t messing with Miles.

To be fair there has been 1 trade so far. I think Wizards should have waited to trade Rui, I bet they could have gotten more in the 11th hour.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
NCHeels2008
RealGM
And1: 2,606

Post#1963 » by NCHeels2008 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:05 am

bravor wrote:I dont think it would be wise to get rid of Booknight while his value cannot be worst. It's not like he is a headcase in the locker room or super expensive, so..

Speaking of Plumlee, maybe a three (four?) teams trade could see Hornets trade Plumlee for G. Hill (he's on expiring, but who knows, he's the kinda mentor i would wish for Ball)
I was checking NO forwards, they have a logjam, maybe one of them could be a decent target (needless to say, Herb Jones would be my favorite..). Most likely they wont be able to afford to keep him anyway (he will be restricted next year). Something around mc Daniels + some 2nd (even though most NO fans would probably ask for 4 1st..).

As a fan of both the Lakers and Hornets, if the Lakers could get Bouk cheap I think he'd be a good rehab project there
NCHeels2008
RealGM

Post#1964 » by NCHeels2008 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:07 am

fatlever wrote:i'll trust you guys on reddish/ last thing this team needs is more non-serious knuckleheads

For Wemby might be the best move we can make in a lost cause season
NCHeels2008
RealGM

Post#1965 » by NCHeels2008 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:09 am

Braggins wrote:Not saying these would be the final deals, but these packages work for salary matching purposes

Kai for Avdija
Kai + Thor for Avdija
Bouknight for Avdija
Rozier for Avdija + Barton (expiring)
Rozier + Plumlee for Avdija + Barton (expiring) + Wright (2/15.6)
Hayward for Avdija + Barton (expiring) + Wright (2/15.6)

Kai and Thor sounds like a Wizards type move
bravor
Starter
And1: 737

Post#1966 » by bravor » Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:00 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:
bravor wrote:Welcome here.

I got a question (well, two) since you are there : first, what kind of extension Thybulle is supposed to have refused. 2nd, what kind of value has Petrusev for the 76rs ?

As for your original question, i am assuming Hornets would accet to move Mc D for a young prospect (playbale) or a late 1st. Richards, no clue, i doubt he's worth that much (he has more value as depth at center here unless he does not want to extend on a team friendly contract).
The rights on Petrusev could be interesting for the Hornets (not for his defense and toughness, but his profile would help here to do a fast rebuild).

I was thinking something along the lines of Korkmaz/Rights to Petrusev/CHA 2023 2nd/PHI 2027 2nd for McDaniels/Richards? Your pick will be a very early 2nd and the 2027 PHI 2nd could end up being valuable as well.

If that was on the table, i would do it. Korkmaz's contract is just one more year before expiring and i believe Petrusev could be a good piece despite the defense concern.
Not sure McD+ Richards helps philly in the middle term though (knowing its hard to judge Mc Daniels value and the contract he will try to get).

Thybulle was asking for something in the 20/y on a multiyear contract ?
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,194

Post#1967 » by ProcessDoctor » Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:58 pm

bravor wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:
bravor wrote:Welcome here.

I got a question (well, two) since you are there : first, what kind of extension Thybulle is supposed to have refused. 2nd, what kind of value has Petrusev for the 76rs ?

As for your original question, i am assuming Hornets would accet to move Mc D for a young prospect (playbale) or a late 1st. Richards, no clue, i doubt he's worth that much (he has more value as depth at center here unless he does not want to extend on a team friendly contract).
The rights on Petrusev could be interesting for the Hornets (not for his defense and toughness, but his profile would help here to do a fast rebuild).

I was thinking something along the lines of Korkmaz/Rights to Petrusev/CHA 2023 2nd/PHI 2027 2nd for McDaniels/Richards? Your pick will be a very early 2nd and the 2027 PHI 2nd could end up being valuable as well.

If that was on the table, i would do it. Korkmaz's contract is just one more year before expiring and i believe Petrusev could be a good piece despite the defense concern.
Not sure McD+ Richards helps philly in the middle term though (knowing its hard to judge Mc Daniels value and the contract he will try to get).

Thybulle was asking for something in the 20/y on a multiyear contract ?

I don’t remember an exact number, but it was reported there was no traction on extension talks in July. Not sure which route that’s going to go this summer.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,618

Post#1968 » by fatlever » Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:24 pm

NBACentral
@TheNBACentral
·
12m
The Charlotte Hornets are making Mason Plumlee available for a first-round pick, per @HPbasketball
Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,522

Post#1969 » by Bassman » Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:21 am

fatlever wrote:NBACentral
@TheNBACentral
·
12m
The Charlotte Hornets are making Mason Plumlee available for a first-round pick, per @HPbasketball

That would be a great return, if someone is willing to include it. Doubtful, but let’s hope.
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
NCHeels2008
RealGM

Post#1970 » by NCHeels2008 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:24 am

I can't find a team that needs a backup C all that bad unless there is someone I'm missing
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#1971 » by HornetJail » Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:52 am

Denver and Sacramento stand out as natural fits so that Plumlee can be somewhat of a continuation of their starter.

DeAndre Jordan and Holmes aren't passers who can dance around with the ball like that.

Anybody who thinks we're getting a 1st outright is delusional, but I'd settle with a pick swap with SAC with our Nuggets pick. Should move us up 5-8 spots in the 1st round.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#1972 » by JMAC3 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:57 am

NCHeels2008 wrote:I can't find a team that needs a backup C all that bad unless there is someone I'm missing

Steven Adams is out 3-5 weeks.
Robert Williams is banged up.
Mitchell Robinson is out 4 weeks
Portis is out 2 weeks

I think it will be a team that needs depth because of injury if he is dealt.
Big Board
NCHeels2008
RealGM

Post#1973 » by NCHeels2008 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:08 am

JMAC3 wrote:
NCHeels2008 wrote:I can't find a team that needs a backup C all that bad unless there is someone I'm missing

Portis is out 2 weeks

Maybe New York, Boston seems to be fine playing small, Milwaukee has 2 starting caliber centers still w Portis out and Memphis still has a superb center in JJJ and a pretty solid backup in Tillman
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#1974 » by JMAC3 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:11 am

NCHeels2008 wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:

Portis is out 2 weeks

Maybe New York, Boston seems to be fine playing small, Milwaukee has 2 starting caliber centers still w Portis out and Memphis still has a superb center in JJJ and a pretty solid backup in Tillman

Boston has been playing Kornet, Who are Milwaukee starting centers? Are you counting Greek Freak?
Big Board
NCHeels2008
RealGM

Post#1975 » by NCHeels2008 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:13 am

JMAC3 wrote:
NCHeels2008 wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:
Portis is out 2 weeks

Boston has been playing Kornet, Who are Milwaukee starting centers? Are you counting Greek Freak?

yes him and Portis split Center duties for over half of last season, they aren't giving up a 1st to hold them for 2 weeks, only way they're shelling out a first is for wing help
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,104

Post#1976 » by JDR720 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:02 am

Portland. Brooklyn. Dallas.

Several teams could use Plumlee. But not for a 1st, unless they think Plumlee is the final piece for a contender.

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=2261176

Return to Charlotte Hornets